This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004

Thanks to one of those Fasi laws (as in, laws enacted to make it harder for Fasi), the mayoral race is nonpartisan. I haven't seen much yet in the way of Lillian Hong's political philosophies, so I couldn't tell you which way they "lean." But, perhaps, that's for the best.

I'm glad you found us here, Ms. Hong, and I agree, we'd love to hear more about your platform.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
      Thank you Ms. Hong. The weekly list is only a link from here to the Office of Election website who issues the report every Friday afternoon until the filing deadline arrives on July 20. I am sure that by that date the 16 or possibly more candidates running for mayor will either all be running or be whittled down somewhat if some choose not to file. I am sure you know that.

I have seen some of your colorful cablecasts on the Olelo channels.

For those of our readers who may not know, what are your goals and objectives if you become mayor? Will you support or oppose the very expensive and intrusive BRT project?
      7-11-2004 12:08 a.m.
      Hi, Mel,
      Thank you so much. I was so happy to see your note.
      I am learning computer and e-mail, almost every night after I watch the Korean drama, around 11:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
      Your Q:
      l. BRT--I oppose. I am a bus rider. I believe TheBus system's improvement will be more practical and money saving for easing the traffic problems.
      TheBus system on time, convenient, TheBus employees as essential workers, and TheBus never sleeps.
      2. Goal/objectives as Mayor--Just few examples: I like to be your
      "Return the power back to ThePeople" Honolulu Mayor.
      I like to enpower each of the 32 neighborhood boards to
      work closely with the residents, and their councilmember. set up a 501 (C) (3) non-profit organization called Neighborhood "Just do it" team. With a hot line 222-2222 to answer to trouble calls. Pot holes, shopping carts, illegal dumpings, bulky items pick ups, abandoned cars, vacant lots, grafetti, drug dealings, etc. Instead of currently call to a city dept. to serve around 1 million residents, The "Just do it" team serve exclusively their own neighborhood board boundary.
      I will also appropriate 5 million to each of the city councilmember to work with the neighborhood board members and their residents, team work together, for a better quality of life for their special needs in their districts.
      This money do not grow on tree. It is from the general fund. You, the tax payer, is the owner of this fund. I, if I am your Mayor, I am just returning back to you, ThePeople, to decide what is the best use for the needs for your special district.
      Mahalo for watching my Mayoral issues program on Olelo Channel 54. I have almost at least one program a day to 7 programs a day. Mostly >30".
      I am not accepting any campaign contributions. I do not have a campaign headquarter. I will donate all my salaries, 4 years, $448,800.00 to educational projects in this city & county of Honolulu.
      These are only rough drafts of my ideas. Do you have any brighter ideas than mine? Please talk to me when I am your Honolulu Mayor.
      Have a nice day.
      Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
        Could I ask what political party, if any, Ms Hong is associated with?

I just can't see myself voting for ANY Republican this year, for any office.
        7-11-2004 1:04 a.m.
        Hi, Albert,
        Thank you for reading the notes.
        I am an Independent.
        Have a nice day.
        Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Thanks to one of those Fasi laws (as in, laws enacted to make it harder for Fasi), the mayoral race is nonpartisan. I haven't seen much yet in the way of Lillian Hong's political philosophies, so I couldn't tell you which way they "lean." But, perhaps, that's for the best.

I'm glad you found us here, Ms. Hong, and I agree, we'd love to hear more about your platform.
          7-11-2004 1:10 a.m.
          Hi, pzarquon,
          Thank you so much for reading the notes.
          I have a Mayoral issues program on Olelo Channel 54.
          Almost at least one program a day to 7 programs a day. mostly >30" The program time appears on TV schedules.
          I have just finished "talking" to Mel & Albert.
          Will you be able to read theirs? Can you ask me specific Q next time so I can better answer your concerns? I am really very excited.
          Have a nice day.
          Love, Lillian Hong
          P.S. l. Do you know how and where I can ask somebody to add my name under Frank Fasi on the view poll results?
          2. I am learning computer. What is the{/QUOTE} mean?

Comment

FRANK FUZZY??!!?? oy vey! or ..AUWE !! Bruddah Frank still in da mix??

I tink his "expiration date" stay pass no? Come on, Pranky Boi, gib da udder polks a chunce por get to bee da mayer ...( in my best filopino accent)

For you, I think "DaBus" has left the station, pally.

Ms. Hong ... best wishes on your quest. Refusing campaign contributions will make for a very slim media blitz on your platform but eh, "it could happen".

Using your salary to fund community projects and agendas is a novel idea. Now if we can just get more "public servants" to do that. Hmmmm.

Ok ...snowball chance in hell does come to mind...but I digress.

Last edited by Krash Kolohe; July 11, 2004, 06:59 AM.
            "I was going call 911 ...but I neva know da numbah"

Comment

Originally posted by lillian l. hong
              7-11-2004 1:10 a.m.

P.S. l. Do you know how and where I can ask somebody to add my name under Frank Fasi on the view poll results?
              Ryan, I think the mayoral poll should be reset to include all of the people running for office. The filing deadline for all political offices is July 20, so I think a reset to this poll with everyone running as of that day will do this topic some justice.
              Last edited by mel; July 11, 2004, 07:46 AM.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I think the mayoral poll should be reset to include all of the people running for office.
                If you can post a definitive list after the filing closing date, we can start a new thread and roll this one there.

Ms. Hong, thanks for returning to answer our questions. Just so you know, you don't need to answer each one individually with a separate message, nor add dates, as they're attached automatically by the system. As for the QUOTE tags, they help you include portions of someone else's message so you can revisit them as you reply -- if they're confusing, I'd say just delete them.

Comment

Originally posted by Krash Kolohe
                  FRANK FUZZY??!!?? oy vey! or ..AUWE !! Bruddah Frank still in da mix??

I tink his "expiration date" stay pass no? Come on, Pranky Boi, gib da udder polks a chunce por get to bee da mayer ...( in my best filopino accent)

For you, I think "DaBus" has left the station, pally.

Ms. Hong ... best wishes on your quest. Refusing campaign contributions will make for a very slim media blitz on your platform but eh, "it could happen".

Using your salary to fund community projects and agendas is a novel idea. Now if we can just get more "public servants" to do that. Hmmmm.

Ok ...snowball chance in hell does come to mind...but I digress.

7-11-2004 11:14 p.m.
                  Hi, Krash,
                  Thank you for reading my note.
                  Sorry, I don't quite understanding what you are saying.
                  Thank you for your best wishes.
                  Have a nice day.
                  Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Dear Lillian: I used to see only Jennifer. I remember when you volunteered in
                    the Bishop library! You used to help Lilian.
                    You are a very strong woman to NOT take political donations...keep up your independence and honesty!
                    Retired Senior Member

Comment

If you can post a definitive list after the filing closing date, we can start a new thread and roll this one there
                      In that case I'll probably have to start a new topic. How many items can the online poll handle? I know some polling software only takes like X amount of options... if you have a crowded political race, it may not be possible to list all candidates.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Hi. Mel.

Thank you so much for possibly starting a new poll.

Thank you to everyone for reading my notes, your notes, his and her notes.
                        It is very exciting for me. Everynight I am so happy to sit here and read the new notes. I am also learning how to operate this "thing".
                        It will be really nice and interesting if you can list ALL seats candidates, and asking for votes.
                        One thing I believe YOU may be the link to really getting
                        thePeople from the community to get involved with the local politics.
                        If YOU can make it as interesting as American Idol, it will be THEDAY!
                        What do you think? What do other members think?
                        Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                          How many items can the online poll handle?
                          Good question. The maximum number of options in a poll is ten. Seems reasonable to me, given that a form with many more radio buttons would be pretty awkward. If we're looking at 23 or some large number of candidates, I'd post all the names in the message, and include "Other" as a poll option... encouraging respondents to actually reply to the thread itself with the name (and hopefully a reason).

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
                            Dear Lillian: I used to see only Jennifer. I remember when you volunteered in
                            the Bishop library! You used to help Lilian.
                            You are a very strong woman to NOT take political donations...keep up your independence and honesty!
                            Hi, Mocha,
                            It is so strange that after these many years, we got re-connected here in HawaiiThreads.com. Thank you HawaiiThread.com.
                            Do you see Lilian often? Please say hello for me.
                            Jennifer is now teaching 2nd grade in Punahou. Kristina, her younger sister, is an "assistant" -kind of-in the after school care.
                            I am doing as much video programs to promote my mayoral candidacy in Olelo. It is all free, you know. Olelo requires 4 weeks time for our programs to be printed in newspapers, etc. My last day to hand in programs will be August 20, so that it will be shown before Septembe 20, 2004--The big day--election day!
                            Thank you for your encouragement.
                            What are you doing besides "talk" here?
                            Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              If you can post a definitive list after the filing closing date, we can start a new thread and roll this one there.

Ms. Hong, thanks for returning to answer our questions. Just so you know, you don't need to answer each one individually with a separate message, nor add dates, as they're attached automatically by the system. As for the QUOTE tags, they help you include portions of someone else's message so you can revisit them as you reply -- if they're confusing, I'd say just delete them.
                              Hi, Pzarquon,
                              Is this your real name, or is this like Fred Hemmings' "Sonny"? Just being nosey. Is this a Chinese translation?
                              I am sitting here every night. You "Guys" are so interesting. I am really happy to found you all.
                              Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

It seems like one of my posts got deleted, but I wanted to note that if we have more than 10 candidates on the ballot for Mayor after July 20, there will not be enough space to list them all individually as they should be. Who is to determine the 9 candidates that are to be listed individually by name, and who is lopped into the final choice of "others"? What do you think Ms. Hong? Would you prefer to be listed along with Mufi and Duke or just be grouped in that generic term "others"?

Of course if 10 or less candidates actually file this will not be a problem.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X