"The Breasts They Grow on Trees"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Breasts They Grow on Trees"

That Burger King commercial for the Tender-Crisp Bacon-Cheddar Ranch sandwich is hilarious and I can't believe BK gets away with it! This is the one with a singing cowboy who looks (and sounds) a lot like Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish.

The first lines of the song he sings are "I love the Tender-Crisp Bacon-Cheddar Ranch / The breasts, they grow on trees / And streams of bacon ranch dressing / Flow right up to your knees."

The commercial is loaded with hot-looking women dressed in the old "farmer's daughter" tradition, and as Hootie (I just Googled the commercial and found out that it IS Darius Rucker!) sings about the dressing, two girls with pails of white dressing lick some off their fingers.

Then, I can't remember the song lyric, but later in the commercial, you see two guys leaning back on the ground and large French fries behind them are pushed upward--one of them is placed rather suggestively, like those hilarious sequences in the Austin Powers films where we don't see Austin's privates, but we do see all manner of phallic-shaped objects in their place.

I have just decided that I LOVE this commercial (the fact that's it's Darius Rucker makes it cooler to me), but how the heck does a commercial like this make it past the TV-station screeners? And why I haven't I heard any complaints about it?

What do you think of this great commercial?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: "The Breasts They Grow on Trees"

you're very observant. i immediately turned my mind off to it since it seemed so stupid. i think you're right, though: there's a lot more going on than i give it credit for.

still, when the doritos gal (ali landry) says, "come and git it!", i thought, "she must be kicking herself saying, "what the heck was my agent thinking?!?!?!"

or she may be laughing all the way to the bank!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I didn't know that was Ali Landry. Now I like the commercial even more. >

The one I'd like to get to know is the virtuous-looking young lady paving the street with blocks of cheddar. But I guess I'd settle for Ali, too.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I guess it's slightly better than the commerical with the Burger King character peeping through a window plugging their breakfast sandwich.

Comment

That one cracks me up, too! "It's egg-normous. It's meat-normous. It's cheese-normous!" It's also 47 grams of fat, according to what I've heard. I also hear that when you first buy one, they give you a stamp-card, and when you've eaten twenty-four of them, you get half-off on your next angioplasty.

Still, this commercial is not rife with sexual imagery, as is the subject of this post. I simply can't believe a single ONE of the images I've mentioned made it through the screeners; the fact that they all did is astounding. The breasts, they grow on trees? That's...brilliant. Man, I wonder if getting Darius Rucker to do the commercial was part of the suggestiveness; you know, Hootie. That name.

Hootie and the Blowfish's first two albums were suggestively titled, too, by the way: Cracked Rear View and Fairweather Johnson. I wonder if Rucker WROTE the dang commercial!
          Last edited by scrivener; April 4, 2005, 04:20 AM.
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The woman on the swing isn't Ali Landry, it's Brooke Burke.

On another website I help out at, our April Fool's joke was to turn the entire forum into an advertisement for the tendercrisp bacon cheddar ranch, with Rucker as our mascot. Needless to say, we all love that commercial.
            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Oh, my. I've only seen this ad a couple of times, and brushed it off as just plain goofy. But considering all this, I think it deserves a repeat viewing. I might get to like it as much as the Spongmonkeys' Quiznos ad.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                What do you think of this great commercial?

I think this great commercial is a great commercial.

Thought that dude looked familiar.
                breasts growing on trees, all the while the girls are swinging on or reaching for trees with protruberatin', cantilevered cleavage.

whootah! It has an effect on me, but it ain't hamburgers I'm hungry for...

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                  Spongmonkeys
                  http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Rathergood doesn't seem to have the viking kittens who sing "Immigrant Song" anymore. It makes me sad
                    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by zztype

those brit brothers are as wacky as they are creative.
                      They admit almost anyone can do what they did;
                      just get java and animate a buncha photoshopped images, (culled from the net...)

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        whootah! It has an effect on me, but it ain't hamburgers I'm hungry for...
                        I guess in a way the commerical is working since it was pitching for a chicken sandwich and a not a hamburger.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                          I guess in a way the commerical is working since it was pitching for a chicken sandwich and a not a hamburger.

uh, that was said generically, as in: "I aint' hungry for fastfood..."

Comment

Burger King ad stirs buzz with racy camp
                            Phil Kloer, Cox News Service/Miami Herald, Monday, April 4, 2005
                            The commercial, in which [Darius] Rucker sings new lyrics to the song Big Rock Candy Mountain while the background swirls with images of sex and food, touts BK's Bacon Cheddar Ranch sandwich. It was created by hot ad wizard David LaChapelle, who's known for music videos like Gwen Stefani's Rich Girl. ''They're trying to separate themselves from McDonald's, which focuses on kids with Ronald McDonald and playgrounds, by appealing to twentysomethings,'' says Steve Hall, a former adman who now runs the weblog www.adrants.com.

Comment

The commercial struck me as very "Blue Velvetesque", if you will.

I was at the "Jazzfest" in New Orleans a few years ago and remember laughing with my partners when we heard Hootie on a distant stage singing "Fight the Power". Guess he lost.
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                              X