Graffitti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Tagging"

I have pretty keen graffiti eyes, but I can't make it out either. Looks like a D followed by either an R or L, then a U, then an E, then another R or L. Druel? Haha.

For clarity's sake, a tag is either an artist's name or the hurried, quick scribble of the artist's name. Something like this black and white effort is more of a bomb, 'though not much of one. If the letters spell out the artist's name, then I suppose it is also a tag, but when I was a kid, we wouldn't have called that a tag.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

To me it sez 'Please take me to jail and give me a sentence I cannot ignore, for I am a total idiot'.

In my old neighborhood in So. Cal, this stuff didn't go un-punished, and there was very little of it once the message got out that there were people willing to dish it back to these jerks.

Cops won't deal with it, the public needs to step up.

I like 'some' tag artists work, just not on public or private property.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Back in SoCal there was a big wall on Venice Beach that was put up just for 'taggers' to display their art. It was always fun to bike down there and check it out, and also see the artists in action. Maybe something like that could work here too?! Way better than the defacement of private or public property.
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          I like 'some' tag artists work, just not on public or private property.
          Huh? If the work is not on public or private property, then where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            As I drove home yesterday passing the former Jack in the Box in Waikiki on the corner of McCully and Kalakaua avenue, I couldn't help but wonder what on earth this particular tag spells out?....

The two middle "letters" look like a U and an E, but I'm not sure. Is the first letter a J? I can't even tell what the last "letter" is.

What the heck does that say? I'm really curious.
            The first one is Ashes. The second one is Plantbot. ICP refers to his graffiti crew, which isn't a gang in the way you're thinking, and the plant itself is a symbol that's pretty rich with metaphor when placed in an urban setting such as this one. If you care to think about it like that, at least.

Comment

• Re: Graffitti

If it's not on public or private property, then it's where it belongs, nowhere.
              That said, I'll be a hypocrite and say I do love some of true artwork I've seen done illegally, even the stupid ones can be memorable. Thanx dubs, for your shots.
              The now defunt Quintero's Mexican joint by the Oxcidental Bldg. on Piikoi has a wall full of colorful spray that is cool by me. I think the renters
              sanctioned it.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
              X