Graffitti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graffitti

It's easy to catch taggers if you treat it like hunting.

First you need some bait. A nice clean wall with a "Graffiti Busters" sign.

Then a blind. A shopping cart piled with crap and some scruffy clothes. Like a "citified" gilly-suit.

Then some patience, and a hot thermos of coffee. The deer will walk by, and you slowly raise your rifle, split their eyes with the crosshairs, and squeeze the trigger gently while exhaling. oops...forgot....I mean grab the little punk ass by the nose with a calf-picker, tie him to his fathers truck bumper, and make him watch while you paddle his dad's ass. Then do the same to his mom.

That ought to cure him of any artistic inclination for a good long time.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Good idea. Once caught in the action, 1000 different color paint balls with permanent paint should do the trick at close distance. This way, everybody would know that they got busted doing the painting on public property for a long time until the permanent paint wears off.

Walking around looking like a box a crayons is pretty embarassing ... especially during peak seasons.

Comment

I do like some of the artwork! Of course there's the scribblings, but there's also some beautiful paintings. I wish that the artists could get it onto "sellable" canvases. When I was in Berkeley, CA. The Graffitti artists were allowed to paint on the underside walls of an overpass. After some time it would get painted over and then another artist would go at it. I loved seeing the different styles and it was kind of a competition that brought out the 'Best' work.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

A few graffitti vandals have been arrested and charged. Good.

Notice, in the article, that none of the vandals are from the neighborhoods that they were defacing? Gee, I wonder why they didn't stay home and do their neighbors' walls.

Comment

Here's the MySpace of one of the tagging 'crews'.

I'm guessing they're loving all this newfound notoriety.

They think they're perpetuating the hip-hop culture by doing what they do. They're nothing but a bunch of wannabes.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

You know one the sad realities is that if done on an appropriate medium, it could be considered art.

But when it's on public/private property, it's just graffitti
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

There is an interesting phenomenon taking place in major league sports, including specifically baseball, football, and basketball. The "Hip-Hop" wannabe sports stars are not being signed as readily as 10 years ago. The number of black players in the baseball has decreased notably. In Basketball, bad boy wannabe's like Alan Iverson are finding salary negotiations a bit more difficult. The reason for this is the behavioral/legal issues these people bring to the table. Sports team owners have gotten wise to their shenanigans.

Just more evidence of a disfuntional culture being cast off to the whims of time.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                  There is an interesting phenomenon taking place in major league sports, including specifically baseball, football, and basketball. The "Hip-Hop" wannabe sports stars are not being signed as readily as 10 years ago. The number of black players in the baseball has decreased notably. In Basketball, bad boy wannabe's like Alan Iverson are finding salary negotiations a bit more difficult. The reason for this is the behavioral/legal issues these people bring to the table. Sports team owners have gotten wise to their shenanigans.
                  Just more evidence of a disfuntional culture being cast off to the whims of time.
                  If anyone figures out what the hell TimKona's racist post above has to do with the topic of graffitti, please... keep it to yourself.
                  Like Tim should have done.
                  Last edited by LikaNui; May 11, 2006, 01:41 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I suspect you're speculating without any real evidence. How do you know the musical taste of those new, non-black players?
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                      Notice, in the article, that none of the vandals are from the neighborhoods that they were defacing?
                      Notice, also, that they're not kids. These are adults that head out with not just spray paint, but masks and other specialized equipment. Teenagers frequently get blamed, but these folks have chosen vandalism as a lifestyle. Throw the book at 'em.

ETA: I don't think they're black, either. Stupidity comes in all colors. I don't know what Tim's trying to say, but I don't think I want to.
                      Last edited by pzarquon; May 11, 2006, 01:43 PM.

Comment

No offense, Tim, but I expect crap like that to come out of the mouths of people I moved out here to get away from. I'm sure you're a nice guy, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just phrased your thoughts badly. The three adults on the news who were arrested were not black. We don't know what they listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                          I swear to god, if I ruled the world, taggers would lose a finger on their first offense. No trial, no probation, no plea bargains. You're standing in front of a wall with spray paint in your hand? Say bye-bye to your pinky. There is no excuse.
                          I say the trigger finger (the index finger) you ever tried to spray paint with your pinky?

Comment

Your stepping on some very edgy stuff here mr. TimKona.

I've half black!!!... would you care to say anything to me directly regarding my "culture." Please Private Message me if you would like to talk about cultures...

I would be more than happy to let you know about what living in a white society as a half black person is like. But we should keep it off the board...as it won't be pleasant!

Yeah... I played basketball, yeah... I used to Break Dance... yeah too a lot of things...

I never wrote on a wall!

Comment

Judge Sentences Graffiti Vandal To Prison

POSTED: 3:58 pm HST September 26, 2006
                              UPDATED: 6:14 pm HST September 26, 2006
                              http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news...subid=10101241

HONOLULU -- A state judge handed down an unusually tough sentence in court on Tuesday for a vandal convicted of spraying graffiti.

Webster Agudong, 19, admitted spray-painting two freeway signs last year

A judge sentenced him to four weekends in jail. Agudong must also repay the state more than $5,000 to replace the signs and do 200 hours of community service. Some of that time will be spent cleaning up graffiti by other vandals.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage Sailor
                                Judge Sentences Graffiti Vandal To Prison

POSTED: 3:58 pm HST September 26, 2006
                                UPDATED: 6:14 pm HST September 26, 2006
                                http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news...subid=10101241

HONOLULU -- A state judge handed down an unusually tough sentence in court on Tuesday for a vandal convicted of spraying graffiti.

Webster Agudong, 19, admitted spray-painting two freeway signs last year

A judge sentenced him to four weekends in jail. Agudong must also repay the state more than $5,000 to replace the signs and do 200 hours of community service. Some of that time will be spent cleaning up graffiti by other vandals.
                                That's not tough. Caning is tough. Try tagging in Singapore.

http://youtube.com/verify_age?next_u...?v=VMCydSRFLZU
                                Last edited by sinjin; September 27, 2006, 11:24 AM.
                                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                                X