Graffitti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graffitti

I'm not a fan of grafitti or vandalism, but i gotta say ~ the U-Down sticker on the H-1 University sign was brilliant!!
    sigpic

Comment

If your not a fan of it... please look at the colors and font of your posts...

and realize that ThIs AlSo irRiTaTeS my EyEs AlSo. (looks like HT graffitti at times )

Any possibility you might just be able to post in a normal font making your reading more "cruise" on the eyes?

Also, you might get more responses to some of your posts....

Up 2 U KaYA...

Hugs,

Manoa

and I'm not even about to go into your profile occupation... cause you lost all cred. when I saw what you posted there.... however... to each there own.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
        That's not tough. Caning is tough. Try tagging in Singapore.
        Exactly. I'm watching the news coverage of this "tough sentence," and I can't figure out what definition of the word they could possibly be using. I mean, they interviewed anti-graffiti activists and police and they're all nodding and going, "This shows that judges are seriousabout this crime." And I can only laugh.

Four weekends in prison? Weekends? I didn't even know you could be sentenced like that. So the guy basically wastes eight days across a month behind bars, likely being as active and productive as he was at home on the couch? How is that a punishment?

Caning, public stoning, chaining them in their undies to a pillar in a WalMart parking lot, that's disincentive, right there. With this sentence, basically the guy regrets getting caught, not what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          If your not a fan of it... please look at the colors and font of your posts...

and realize that ThIs AlSo irRiTaTeS my EyEs AlSo. (looks like HT graffitti at times )

Any possibility you might just be able to post in a normal font making your reading more "cruise" on the eyes?

Also, you might get more responses to some of your posts....

Up 2 U KaYA...

Hugs,

Manoa
          Hey pal,

I rememba u telling me dat in the beginning of my venture onto HT waters & I neva write like uPcApSLoWCaPs again cuz it hurts your eyes...., but the name...no sorry buddy, its gonna stay that way...if hurts your eyes No Look Den! & green ~ no messin' wit' tha green eitha

and I'm not even about to go into your profile occupation... cause you lost all cred. when I saw what you posted there.... however... to each there own.
          Just was curious, what did I post there that got u all bent outta shape.....i wanda? Hmm... lemme check.

Agriculture & Seasonal Harvester, Private Distributor ~ that was a joke Manny S I'm a dancer ~ Polynesian Dancer ~ no not those hoochie coochie ones I dance at the HUT, wanna come see me?

Thanks for the hug * HUGS to you too,

KaYa T
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Got2HaVKaYaNoW; September 27, 2006, 08:39 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Kaya ...

Do what you need to do to feel accepted here... I accept everyone...
            I just telling you... some the stuff i can't read at times...

like the Nesta part of your signature makes me feel like I'm blind... but it's all g...

too each their own..

You will have the rath of the HT gods come down on you if you do something wrong... so continue to post as you wish...

hugs...
            Manoa

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW
              I'm not a fan of grafitti or vandalism, but i gotta say ~ the U-Down sticker on the H-1 University sign was brilliant!!
              Yeah. Freakin' brilliant. And repairing it will be my taxes at work.

I'd prefer that my taxes be spent on something like school books, maybe.

Comment

Kaya ...

Do what you need to do to feel accepted here..(**What?ok, dearest I don't fake who I am to "fit in"~and I sure as hell don't "pretend" one way online...then one way on the PM or in person for that matter,like some people I know, Mahaaalo). I accept everyone...
                I just telling you... some the stuff i can't read at times...

like the Nesta part of your signature makes me feel like I'm blind... but it's all g...

too each their own..

You will have the rath of the HT gods come down on you if you do something wrong... so continue to post as you wish...

hugs...
                Manoa
                Thanx ~ I know I can't see the Nesta either...I'm all blind, nah geez lady's and gentlemen I didn't mean to get anyone's pantys in a twist & all flustered, but I'm just saying how I feel about things ~ I ain't bashin' no one elses idea's or comments or opinions on HT~ soo why the Fart-Fig-Newton are you all I'LLin' me out?........well anyways,
                OH* and the University thing, yeah I think thats brilliant, I hope they don't take it down ~ NOT becuz,"oh save my tax dollars,", no brilliant becuz It fits perfectly, Its Capital, Its White & half the gang that Ownes U-Down goes to UH.
                sigpic

Comment

Graffiti is completely out of hand. In Kaneohe around the Windward mall, the 'taggers' are now spraying buildings, signs, utility boxes, roll up doors on businesses, Vans, Busses - and each act is just encouraging other vandals to add their blight to the area.

They started on walls & street signs, then moved to utility boxes. When they started to spray the doors on our businesses, we asked HPD to monitor the area and remove the abandoned vehicles on the streets. (We constantly ask them to do this as it's a dumping ground - another thing that's out of control). Of course they didn't, and now they're spraying vans and busses - and peoples cars on the street.

Do we want to look like New York, LA or Chicago - with graffiti on our trucks and cars? Pretty soon, that's what will happen in a big way if these vandals are not stopped now with enforcement and stiff penalties.

If you see them, use your phone to take their picture, then call 911. If they're in a car, write down the license number. If on foot or bikes, write down a quick description of them. HPD is starting to pay attention to this as vandalism is a property crime. It does not take much to help out - just a tip or a call to report what you saw.

Be responsible, it's already happening to your neighbors - it can happen to you too.

Aloha

GRAFFITI HOTLINE

529-3222

The Honolulu Police Department operates a Graffiti Hotline to enable the public to report graffiti on both public and private property. The Community Affairs Section monitors the hotline and disseminates information from it to the district patrol commands for action.

To report graffiti, call the Graffiti Hotline at 529-3222.

Police to follow up with stings after Windward cleanup
                  http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...608190336.html

Fast paintouts latest tactic in graffiti war
                  http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...607160346.html

Police nab 5 in separate graffiti incidents
                  http://starbulletin.com/2006/05/11/news/story08.html

Comment

Okay I’ll bite. What was brilliant about it?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

• Re: Graffitti

I think its an art form in the right place. There was a corner in chinatown where they were invited to throw up murals, and now the building has been built and the fence taken down. Now on the doors people have tagged all over it. Pretty disrespectful, if you ask me.
                      But in the right place I think its an expression and quite nice if the tagger has any skill.
                      I dont know why youre all hating on Another Haole, he didnt say everyone should go spray paint anything and everthing.
                      If you look at the history of graffiti, its by the oppressed as an outlet of expression. Now it may be about 'getting up' and getting notoriety and tagging your name anywhere and everywhere you can, which I dont agree with, but look at some of these and see if theres any skill compared to those knuckle heads who put up premade tags on 'hello my name is'
                      http://www.graffiti.org/claroscuro/b..._lachlan_i.jpg
                      http://www.graffiti.org/mac/mac_87693_P1010017.jpg
                      http://www.graffiti.org/spooz/spooz_2004_prx.jpg
                      http://www.graffiti.org/fuckone/norwich_uk_2005_at.jpg
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I rememba u telling me dat in the beginning of my venture onto HT waters & I neva write like uPcApSLoWCaPs again cuz it hurts your eyes....Just was curious, what did I post there that got u all bent outta shape.....
                        Pay him no mind, that's Manoa for you. He'll give you advice on conduct (pot and kettle epitomized) and tell you how he's judged your character, whether anyone cares or not.

I won't say your appreciation for graffiti is the majority opinion, but worry not, you're not alone. Several defenders of tagging have breezed through here to call us all idiots, and even Scrivener -- an otherwise brilliant fellow -- has got it in his mind that graffiti is cool, sometimes, too!

I'm a reasonable guy. But I say put a little sport in it. Let vandals do their thing, but let property owners use firearms. Wouldn't that make tagging a real thrill?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          I'm a reasonable guy. But I say put a little sport in it. Let vandals do their thing, but let property owners use firearms. Wouldn't that make tagging a real thrill?
                          ROTFL! But you know in real life, this would result in lawsuits and the family of the tagged taggers appearing on the news to tell the public what a good boy or good girl the tagger is/was.

Comment

I really don't mind tagging/taggers to some extent--it's when they vandalize particular buildings (such as churches, museums, schools, etc.) or objects (road signs, headstones, etc.). Tagging adds personality to some things and places, like subway trains and skate parks.

BTW, who's "phyto!" ?
                            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I had to google phyto and this is a link I came up with...

The buggah does a lot of graffitti!

http://www.23hq.com/dubside/photo/11...altag=honolulu

Comment

I'm a dancer ~ Polynesian Dancer ~ no not those hoochie coochie ones I dance at the HUT, wanna come see me?
                                KaYa T
                                So you're hard on the eyes here but easy on the eyes in the flesh. Nice pic!
                                Last edited by sinjin; September 28, 2006, 11:08 AM.
                                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                                X