Growing Pains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Pains

Perhaps fitting given that HawaiiThreads.com is celebrating its first birthday, you may see more "server too busy" messages as tweaks are made both by me and my webhost to better optimize this and other sites I run. We've been moved to a different box, and I'm being "strongly encouraged" to consider a more robust hosting plan (to the tune of $150/mo.). Before it gets to that, though, we're tweaking. It's not the bandwidth or the storage, but the amount of activity... and no, it's not all HawaiiThreads.com.

At least, I don't think so.

In the mean time, in case the red flag goes up while you're posting, be sure to copy every message you're about to send to your clipboard... in case you have to resend it again. (Actually, hitting 'Reload' should call it up again, but you never know.)

I aplogize for the irritation, and I assure you that we'll get this baby humming along just right, real soon now.

Re: Growing Pains

It would be my pleasure to donate to a fund for the robust plan. Just let me know where.

Love,
    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Growing Pains

We won't need to do a HawaiiThreads.com fund drive just yet ("send money, or I won't stop talking!"), but thanks, Lynn. Actually, early research has found that the biggest load on my various domains is coming from comment spammers targeting CMSes like Movable Type (the software that runs the front of HawaiiStories.com, among other sites). We're looking at battening down those hatches now.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience!

Comment

Working...
      X