Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obake Files

Default Re: Obake Files

Quote Originally Posted by cabanalane View Post
    Did anyone recall hearing the one at Kaimuki Drive-in woman's restroom?
    You must be referring to WAIALAE DRIVE INN (Consolidated) theater....

On May 19, 1959, Honolulu
    Advertiser reporter Bob Krauss
    reported the sighting of a face-
    less woman at the Waialae
    Drive-In Theatre in Kahala.
    Krauss reported that when the
    witness entered the women’s
    restroom, a woman was there
    combing her hair in front of the
    mirror. When the witness came
    close to the woman to speak, the
    woman turned, revealing her
    featureless face. The witness
    was reported to have been so
    frightened that she ended up in
    the hospital with a nervous
    breakdown.
    Back in Kaneohe during my high school years, we used to drive to Morgan's Corner every now and then to purposely LOOK for the hanging man, as well as other paranormal activity along lower old Pali Road, also getting out of the car and walking up towards (but not up!) "13 Steps" (which looks like concrete foundation remnants of a torn-down structure, with grown-over shrubs), to no avail.

Nothing any more "spooky" than total unlit darkness, curvy roads, tall, dark trees and a stray cat here and there. Heck, but just that can be spooky! lol

Check it out for yourself! Try drive (slowly) down Old Pali Road in Kaneohe late at night with the stereo off and the windows down, then come back here and share your experience. {{{{WILLIES}}}}

For you Filipino folks, have any of you ever seen or heard stories of "Mananangal"? This is said to be a gruesome-looking evil spirit that has its lower torso from the waist down cut off, and it floats in the air. From what I've heard, they're known to "populate" the southern island provinces of the Philippines.
    Last edited by Pomai; June 20th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomai View Post
    You must be referring to WAIALAE DRIVE INN (Consolidated) theater....

Yes. Sorry. It's been a long time. My uncle use to take us to that drive-inn all the time.

The stories are coming back to me......

Can someone refresh my memory about the "dancing statue." I was the driver, and 3 other friends. We went to a cemetary, and when you flash your high beam and low bean headlights, you see the statue move.

I'm sure it's just optical illusion. All I recall was it took me while to see it. I was prepared by NOT turning my engine off, just sifted to Park. Don't want to take any chances like the movies. I saw what I saw. Again, it must be an optical illusion. Any how, can someone add more details to refresh my memory? I don't recall where it is. Diamond Head?

I love this thread

So here's my story--

During high school, I spent my summers in an academic college prep program at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Part of the programs goals was to simulate life in college, and so this included living in the dorms for about six weeks.

My first summer in the program, I was a little apprehensive about living in the dorms. The day I moved in, I felt uncomfortable in my dorm room. However, I just chalked it up to being away from home and shyness. As soon as I came out of my shell and got to make friends, I didn't feel uncomfortable in my room anymore.

Since my first day in the dorms, there has always been ghost stories surrounding the particular dorm we lived in. Students would often spread rumors of ghostly children playing the halls or that the dorm was in the path of a Night Marchers' trail. I was very skeptical about it.

Then one day, I experienced something that I cannot find an explanation for.

I was lying in my bed, alone in my dorm room, just relaxing from studying. I was just lying down, and listening to some music, nothing else. Then, I began to feel a hand behind my head. I was scared, because the door was closed and I knew that I was alone. Then the hand began to move around, underneath my head, as if it was playing with my hair. I tried my best to remain calm, I didn't want to make any sudden movements. I slowly began to move away from my bed. As soon I moved my head, my pillow which my head had been on, went flying across the room and hit the wall across from my bed with tremendous force. At the moment, I felt like I was threatened, and I just ran like the building was on fire.

I found the program director, and of course I brought it up with her. She just laughed at me and blamed the whole experience on me being scared about living away from home for so long. However, she did let me move into another room, and since then I've never been into that room again.

After that summer, I've spent later summers in that dorm, and have never experienced anything like that in the dorms again.

I had a freind who saw the faceless woman in the bathroom at the Wailae theatre. If I recall correctly it was a drive-in theatre. I remember him saying she had long hair with a reddish tint to it

He said that when he went in the bathroom and saw her, he thought he walked into the ladies room by mistake. She turned around and revealed her faceless face and he got outta there quick.

That is all I remember of his account of the experience.

Just discovered this thread - skimmed it and found a reference to the white lady of Kipapa Gulch. Wondering if this is the white lady (or maybe green?) who is (was) said to have haunted the gulch running between Kilani Ave and California Ave in Wahiawa? Vague recollection of stories about this from small kid time...

Quote Originally Posted by Hickman83 View Post
    I had a freind who saw the faceless woman in the bathroom at the Wailae theatre. If I recall correctly it was a drive-in theatre. I remember him saying she had long hair with a reddish tint to it

He said that when he went in the bathroom and saw her, he thought he walked into the ladies room by mistake. She turned around and revealed her faceless face and he got outta there quick.

That is all I remember of his account of the experience.
    I'd like to meet her one day, so I can slap her silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
    Some where on HT...I wrote about the lady.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
    Whoa! I'm scared enough of ghosts that I won't whistle at night.

I read an article in the Sunday's Advertiser a couple weeks ago about Ghost Hunting in Hawaii. Their website is www.HawaiianIslandGhostHunters.com

Default Dole Cannery

Not Sean Cannery...

Anybody heard about a portion of the 3rd floor in the main bldg., on the Ewa/mauka side, where there are small exterior windows that obviously don't get the cleaning attention the other windows get?
    Supposedly, that area is closed off and not used, for 'reasons'.
    A friend that told me about this, used to be the film man at the theater, and has had spooky moments there.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Whoa! I'm scared enough of ghosts that I won't whistle at night.
    I believe in ghosts too, but she's not a ghost.

Default Re: Dole Cannery

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Not Sean Cannery...

Anybody heard about a portion of the 3rd floor in the main bldg., on the Ewa/mauka side, where there are small exterior windows that obviously don't get the cleaning attention the other windows get?
    Supposedly, that area is closed off and not used, for 'reasons'.
    A friend that told me about this, used to be the film man at the theater, and has had spooky moments there.
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least. It's not just that building, but that entire subdivision. A friend of mine runs a business in that area and tells me he's seen/felt many ghosts in his office, just standing around watching him. I've encountered a ghost in his office myself recently. That whole area is what I consider spiritually filthy.

Mind you, the City morgue is right next to the IHS building, near the corner across from Kmart.

Not too many know the morge is there. With no signage, it's quite indis-crypt...

I heard heavy footsteps enter my hale and come into my room. I couldn't open my eyes nor call out for help. I was paralyzed. I felt someone looking down at me as I lay in bed. I somehow knew it was a male. Seconds seemed like hours. Finally, I could open my eyes and move. I bolted from my bed and ran to my landlord's hale.

Today, we bless my hale and have a lil celebration after with kaukau.

The former owner of the property died. He was 90 years old. He just wanted to visit.

1stwahine
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/creepiest...150000490.html

It's not an urban legend if it's true.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123