Obake Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obake Files

About 10 years ago when I lived at Na'alehu School in the teacher's cottages I used to have supernatural experiences quite often. It was a duplex house and being the one in charge of housing at the time I personally knew no one lived on the other side of the house . I would hear running and once in a while the walls would pound or shake. The rumor around town was that a child had pass away years ago in a old fishpond that was outside in my backyard.This was an old house about 80 years old and I've had about 3 roommates that also shared my experience. It was quite a experience living with ghosts.

I love obake stories and would like to have this board share thier stories of the unknown.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Obake Files

Interesting.

Observes.

I'll share laters.......
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
      I love obake stories and would like to have this board share thier stories of the unknown.
      Had a girlfriend years ago who put out a biweekly (twice a month) tabloid thing in SoCal. Each issue had a theme, a subject.
      One time it was the paranormal. (dumb word) We interviewed many people; spiritualist church leader, seance people, found an old 1800's hotel that was frequented by gold rush dudes, cowboys, railroad roustabouts, immigrant workers... etc.
      Four stories high, long building with many old rooms, this place was kept up since it was still being used as a restaurant and lodging. very charming. rite outta the best ghost experience tv shows.

We learned of the history and was shown many photos taken by guests and visitors over the years. Here are just a few of the residents:
      Old miner with long gray beard; photographed many times next to a wall where rumor has it his gold is/was stashed. In photos, he is opaque and you can see the wallpaper pattern thru him. He is partway in the wall. Sitting.
      children crying all the time in a small under the stairs closet, Open it, and no kids, of course, But the sounds of babies crying is reported often.
      A maid gave birth to a child in that closet a century ago.
      Sounds of a baby whimpering behind a wall.
      Story is a child died in a particular room. Forgot how.

I took a tour of one particularly active room; bed, dresser, ceiling fan above the bed, etc. across from the room from the foot of the bed, just below the ceiling, an air conditioner was housed in the wall. I am six one, and even for me, it was so high, I could just reach the controls. About 5 feet floor space between that wall and the bed.
      I walked in, took a look around the room, and then walked to the door.
      Turned for one last look in the room. (doesn't the script call for that every time?)
      I was slightly shocked to see the air conditioner cover, the big faceplate, now sitting on the bed. How did it pop off, fall and bounce and move without me hearing it? How could it have done that in, say, within the 3 or 4 seconds exactly at the brief moment my back was turned?

This room, later, I heard a couple stayed there overnight. about one a.m., they awoke to hear a weird strange steady sound like tck, tck, tck, tck, tck, tck, tck, tck...
      They realised it was coming from the ceiling fan, Just as if someone was holding their hand up to it palm down, as the fingernails hit the fan blades whipping by.
      They pulled the covers up to theiir noses. da hellzat!? they both exclaim.

they wait, things seem to calm down, about 1/2 hour later, a very cold presence wafted directly left to right across their bed and they knew it; very cold feeling through their shins. Not as if a draft breezed thru the room. But as if something went horizontally through the bed and their legs.

The fourth floor was gothically cool and spooky;
      long corridor, rooms along one side, the cambered ceiling/(roof) and other side, these little windows here and there jutting out allowing for a small seating area to look out to the street.
      Heard of much activity through the years tho no one staying there in that area.
      OK, so; one night at about 11 p.m., I am there with a small handheld microdictating machine casette recorder, new blank tape.
      Go down to the end, there was an "L" shape part of the hall where a couple doors go to rooms and a closet door.
      Place the recorder on the floor leaning against the wall. set to record.
      I leave and hang out opposite end of long hall. 15 minutes, maybe 20. No sound. no people, no activity.
      When I later played the tape, I hear myself at beginning and end turning on, setting the thing down.. etc. but ten miniutes or so into the tape, I hear this door slam repeatedly; bang, bang, bang, bang!

I was surprised, cuz I heard nothing but silence the whole time i was up there. But the recorder picked it up. From the long dead past?

This was long time ago. still have the tape.
      Last edited by kimo55; April 13, 2005, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Wow Kimo! Interesting read. I still say you should have a Blogg.

Ok, my turn.

Tata Ben and Mama were together for 30 years. They did everything together, businesses, traveling, etc. Their love was a story book one. Unfortunately, Tata Ben never got a divorced. He had ten kids, my mom seven. They planned to live their lives out together to the end.

Unfortunately, Tata Ben got a stroke last Feb. 2004. His children never knew or bothered with him only when they wanted money. He was the grandpa to my children. He was loved by my family.

None of his family wanted to take the responsibility in caring for him. Due to mama and I not having any legal rights, we couldn't do anything. Should have, could have, would have gotten a Living Will but didn't. Even if I volunteered to take care of him without any financial payments, he was taken oneday from the hospital without our knowledge.

We went to the hospital x2 a day. When the nurse saw us approaching she told us his family had taken him home. What home? The only home he knew was the home he shared with my Mama.

Two days after mama and I went to his sister's home where he was. Upon seeing us he cried and said, "I want to go home!" It broke our heart to leave him there and we knew as well as he, that it was our last meeting.

They took him to the Philippines without telling us again. How did we find out. One early morning while asleep, I got up because I felt cold. Suddenly, I saw a mist and a shape taking form. I wanted to scream and shout out for mama but no words came out.

The shape came to form into a very young and handsome Tata Ben. I told him, "why you come to my room? mama stay da odda room!" I got up and high tailed it to mama's room. I told her what happened and she busted out laughing. She then said, "Wea he went?"

Comment

Do a search over at Hawaii Stories for "Glen Grant" or "Obake;" plenty stories over there, as I recall.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Wow Kimo! Interesting read. I still say you should have a Blogg.

I had one, But the doc gave me some medicine and it went away.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
              About 10 years ago when I lived at Na'alehu School in the teacher's cottages I used to have supernatural experiences quite often. It was a duplex house and being the one in charge of housing at the time I personally knew no one lived on the other side of the house . I would hear running and once in a while the walls would pound or shake. The rumor around town was that a child had pass away years ago in a old fishpond that was outside in my backyard.This was an old house about 80 years old and I've had about 3 roommates that also shared my experience. It was quite a experience living with ghosts.

I always encounter supernatural experiences...my money always seems to mysteriously disappear from my paycheck. Those haunting words always appear as if some kind of statement from the dark side, "Taxes and other contributions".

Kinda spooky!
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                I always encounter supernatural experiences...my money always seems to mysteriously disappear from my paycheck. Those haunting words always appear as if some kind of statement from the dark side, "Taxes and other contributions".

Kinda spooky!
                Heh, heh. I'd probably laugh louder but I just e-filed my Fed and State returns.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Re: Haunted Places in Hawaii

Originally posted by pinakboy
                  Dell pcs and we would see our mouse cursors move across the screen.

It's da new model;
                  da Dell PC Ouija!

"ghost in the machine"

"Ouija (Mother) Board"

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/

http://www.pinn.net/~royaloak/Stories/Computer.htm

...which reminds me; would you use a Ouija board? and if not why not? and if so;
                  would you want to use a new one (unadulterated with anyone's 'essence', energy, vibrations, toejam-football, spinal clacker, dustbunny dirtball, fingernail scratcher, cooties, effluvia, germs, spittle or anything else) or would you want a used one? something that supposedly has a 'conduit' to the other side already established?

Did you know-tis "The Haunt", Glen Grant's Moili'ili place that was run by his friends, now stands apparently empty? sad...
                  Last edited by kimo55; June 23, 2005, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Heck no not now but wen i was growing up i probably would! lol Our neighbor kids had it and played with it but never told us of their experiences. Probably was too scared eh!

i was fortunate to attend one of the late Glen Grant's tours starting from the steps of the Main Public Library. Too bad I didn't have my camera then! it was back in oct 99. best $8 i ever spent!! chickenskin up da wazooo!!
                    Reggie aka pinakboy
                    Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                    Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                    Recipe Tube TV!
                    Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

I spent Father's Day at my eldest brother's home in Aiea-Halawa Heights. Off the Aiea Heights Road. The women in the living room area started talking about Haunted Places...two in particular caught my attention.

The first one was about their own neighbor, a middle aged Japanese female who told my sister-inlaw of seeing menehunes around her property. She sought advice from a Kahu who told her that it was a path towards the heiau...sacred grounds. Aiea Heights Park is sacred. It is said that a young girls crys are heard, she does not believe she is dead. The park is closed in the evening.

The second one is of the half wild boar/half man of Kipapa Gulch. There have been many accidents on the bridge and one in particular happened to an unfortunate young man whose car was hanging over the bridge. Luckily he was found barely alive and when the Detective went to investigate (three months after) he said he had seen the half boar/half man on the road. He swerved and that's what he remembered last...only to awaken for a breif moment to be carried by the beast to a safer spot.

So did anyone else hear anything about the two stories above. I've always been interested about the unexplained and the unknown......ha la...watch out foa da boogie man! heheheheh

Comment

hoy auntie no u get scary kine stories eh!! i no rememba da half boar/man of kipapa gulch only da white lady one dat appear in your car when u drive ova da gulch.
                        Reggie aka pinakboy
                        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                        Recipe Tube TV!
                        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Although I work at the Bishop Museum and there are many ghost stories here I have never seen or felt anything. Maybe Pedro has a story or two? The only unexplainable situation that happened to me was back in 1979 when I worked at the Blaisdell Center. Early one morning I was given the job to go to the Concert Hall and collect up the trash. I was the only person in the whole building, no windows or doors open and no A/C unit on. I had hair halfway down my back then and all of a sudden a COLD gust of air blew by me and actually lifted my hair up. Complete all over chickenskin. When I told others what happened I was told that the Ward sisters house was right where the Concert Hall stands, so it may have been one of them or... the other thing that happened (true story). A man with the nickname of "chop chop", because he gave massages, had lost all his money, wife and hope, had killed himself in the upper standing room only area. Just a few years earlier.
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

wooooo... blaisdell eh??!! gotta watch fo da chickenskin alert when i in dat area den....

Glen Grant said in his tours that Restaurant Row is haunted and it was the site of a mass graveyard during da chinatown fires due to da plague etc. He said people would experience strange happening dea.
                            Reggie aka pinakboy
                            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                            Recipe Tube TV!
                            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

H-3

True story, as told by a co-worker:

His sister-in-law started a new job at Windward Mall. So she drove her minivan daily from her home in Pearl City to Kaneohe on H-3 freeway. This was back when H-3 had first opened.

One early morning (about 8am) a police officer pulled her over. She wasn't speeding so she asked the officer why he pulled her over.

He told her that the law requires infants to be strapped in a car seat. She told the offficer, "Sir I don't have a baby, what are you talking about?".

The officer looked confused and said, "Miss, I followed you for over 1 mile and your two infants were jumping up and down freely in the rear area of your vehicle. I could see them in your back window. One of your infants even waived at me through the back window as I pulled closer to you".

She argued back, "Officer, I DON'T HAVE KIDS!".

The officer asked if he could inspect inside her van, and she said, "Pease do!"

The officer looked throughout the minivan, under the seats and in the back.

NOT A CHILD TO BE FOUND.

But when the officer looked closely at the back and rear quarter windows, there were HAND PRINTS of children all over the insides of the windows.

They both froze. She was so freaked, the officer almost had to drive her back home.

After that incident, she ended up using Likelike Hwy, and sold her van.

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X