Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haunted Places in Hawaii

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    A cousin of mine gifted with the "6th sense" said he sees many "walking dead" in the hallways at Queen's Hospital (medical center), which he described it visually as somber and somewhat disturbing.
    I can attest to this. I've sensed them there too. Some still wearing their hospital gowns.

Comment

Re: Obake Files

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
      When I worked at Ala Moana Center ...
      I used to work at Bryons II Restaurant a bunch of years ago. And whenever it was time to throw out the barbage in that back alley, I'd get the creeps. Something about that loading alley...

My cousin was a long time employee at Sears. She used to tell us of rows of clothing racks that would all be found laying on the floor, etc. Maintenance people would hear strange noises in the gift-wrap area, etc. Some activity would actually be caught on the security cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by miltk View Post
        TOO MANY OBAKE STORIES FOR AN ISLAND SO SMALL!!!!!

Was Oahu ever a burial ground or something???
        You have no idea how loaded this island is.

Comment

Did anyone recall hearing the one at Kaimuki Drive-in woman's restroom?

Women would go to the restroom at the drive in. While looking at the mirror, there would be a normal Oriental women bending over combing her long black hair. When she lift her head back up, she have no face. The Drive-in was closed (in the late 1970s?).

I later heard people see the same lady "moving" around Kaimuki neighborhood at night. It looks normal, like a lady taking a late night walk. Until they see she have no feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
            I used to work at Bryons II Restaurant a bunch of years ago. And whenever it was time to throw out the barbage in that back alley, I'd get the creeps. Something about that loading alley...

My cousin was a long time employee at Sears. She used to tell us of rows of clothing racks that would all be found laying on the floor, etc. Maintenance people would hear strange noises in the gift-wrap area, etc. Some activity would actually be caught on the security cameras.
            I know what you mean about the loading dock. We had to dump trash at the end of the day.

I worked at Liberty House a few years after my "Farrell's" days, and never heard or seen any stories. Even from the maintance/stock people. Then again, as salesperson, we don't stay late. 30mins after closing is plenty time to wrap things up. Same Mall, different experience.
            Last edited by cabanalane; June 20, 2008, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
              Did anyone recall hearing the one at Kaimuki Drive-in woman's restroom?
              You must be referring to WAIALAE DRIVE INN (Consolidated) theater....

On May 19, 1959, Honolulu
              Advertiser reporter Bob Krauss
              reported the sighting of a face-
              less woman at the Waialae
              Drive-In Theatre in Kahala.
              Krauss reported that when the
              witness entered the women’s
              restroom, a woman was there
              combing her hair in front of the
              mirror. When the witness came
              close to the woman to speak, the
              woman turned, revealing her
              featureless face. The witness
              was reported to have been so
              frightened that she ended up in
              the hospital with a nervous
              breakdown.
              Back in Kaneohe during my high school years, we used to drive to Morgan's Corner every now and then to purposely LOOK for the hanging man, as well as other paranormal activity along lower old Pali Road, also getting out of the car and walking up towards (but not up!) "13 Steps" (which looks like concrete foundation remnants of a torn-down structure, with grown-over shrubs), to no avail.

Nothing any more "spooky" than total unlit darkness, curvy roads, tall, dark trees and a stray cat here and there. Heck, but just that can be spooky! lol

Check it out for yourself! Try drive (slowly) down Old Pali Road in Kaneohe late at night with the stereo off and the windows down, then come back here and share your experience. {{{{WILLIES}}}}

For you Filipino folks, have any of you ever seen or heard stories of "Mananangal"? This is said to be a gruesome-looking evil spirit that has its lower torso from the waist down cut off, and it floats in the air. From what I've heard, they're known to "populate" the southern island provinces of the Philippines.
              Last edited by Pomai; June 20, 2008, 08:06 AM.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                You must be referring to WAIALAE DRIVE INN (Consolidated) theater....

Yes. Sorry. It's been a long time. My uncle use to take us to that drive-inn all the time.

Comment

The stories are coming back to me......

Can someone refresh my memory about the "dancing statue." I was the driver, and 3 other friends. We went to a cemetary, and when you flash your high beam and low bean headlights, you see the statue move.

I'm sure it's just optical illusion. All I recall was it took me while to see it. I was prepared by NOT turning my engine off, just sifted to Park. Don't want to take any chances like the movies. I saw what I saw. Again, it must be an optical illusion. Any how, can someone add more details to refresh my memory? I don't recall where it is. Diamond Head?

Comment

I love this thread

So here's my story--

During high school, I spent my summers in an academic college prep program at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Part of the programs goals was to simulate life in college, and so this included living in the dorms for about six weeks.

My first summer in the program, I was a little apprehensive about living in the dorms. The day I moved in, I felt uncomfortable in my dorm room. However, I just chalked it up to being away from home and shyness. As soon as I came out of my shell and got to make friends, I didn't feel uncomfortable in my room anymore.

Since my first day in the dorms, there has always been ghost stories surrounding the particular dorm we lived in. Students would often spread rumors of ghostly children playing the halls or that the dorm was in the path of a Night Marchers' trail. I was very skeptical about it.

Then one day, I experienced something that I cannot find an explanation for.

I was lying in my bed, alone in my dorm room, just relaxing from studying. I was just lying down, and listening to some music, nothing else. Then, I began to feel a hand behind my head. I was scared, because the door was closed and I knew that I was alone. Then the hand began to move around, underneath my head, as if it was playing with my hair. I tried my best to remain calm, I didn't want to make any sudden movements. I slowly began to move away from my bed. As soon I moved my head, my pillow which my head had been on, went flying across the room and hit the wall across from my bed with tremendous force. At the moment, I felt like I was threatened, and I just ran like the building was on fire.

I found the program director, and of course I brought it up with her. She just laughed at me and blamed the whole experience on me being scared about living away from home for so long. However, she did let me move into another room, and since then I've never been into that room again.

After that summer, I've spent later summers in that dorm, and have never experienced anything like that in the dorms again.
                    www.davidcarvalhowasright.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

I had a freind who saw the faceless woman in the bathroom at the Wailae theatre. If I recall correctly it was a drive-in theatre. I remember him saying she had long hair with a reddish tint to it

He said that when he went in the bathroom and saw her, he thought he walked into the ladies room by mistake. She turned around and revealed her faceless face and he got outta there quick.

That is all I remember of his account of the experience.

Comment

Just discovered this thread - skimmed it and found a reference to the white lady of Kipapa Gulch. Wondering if this is the white lady (or maybe green?) who is (was) said to have haunted the gulch running between Kilani Ave and California Ave in Wahiawa? Vague recollection of stories about this from small kid time...

Comment

Originally posted by Hickman83 View Post
                          I had a freind who saw the faceless woman in the bathroom at the Wailae theatre. If I recall correctly it was a drive-in theatre. I remember him saying she had long hair with a reddish tint to it

He said that when he went in the bathroom and saw her, he thought he walked into the ladies room by mistake. She turned around and revealed her faceless face and he got outta there quick.

That is all I remember of his account of the experience.
                          I'd like to meet her one day, so I can slap her silly.

Comment

Some where on HT...I wrote about the lady.
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Whoa! I'm scared enough of ghosts that I won't whistle at night.

Comment

I read an article in the Sunday's Advertiser a couple weeks ago about Ghost Hunting in Hawaii. Their website is www.HawaiianIslandGhostHunters.com

Comment

Working...
                                X