Best Buffet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buffet

Where should I go ... and I don't want to hear Todai or Machino Chaya or Chan's ... I'm talking $20-50 range. I have to find somewhere for Mother's Day and I know it will be crowded but I'd like some reviews. It should be special.

Prince Court? John Dominis? Surfroom? Orchid's?
    Ihilani? Turtle Bay?

Anyone up for the challenge?
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Best buffett

Originally posted by jkpescador
    Where should I go ...

not bad:

http://www.kaimana.com/dining/index.html

Comment

Are you talking about lunch or dinner?

The last two places I went for a buffet where lunches, Marbella and Fook Yuen. Under your price range but the selections were not much.

Comment

Plaza near the airport is excellent. That's coming from a cook. Prices are reasonable and the choices of entrees better than Pagoda. At Pagoda, you pay for the name. Salmon over cooked, crab legs over cooked, clams in garlic sauce always tastes spoiled.

Of course the bess is at Halekulani.
        Last edited by 1stwahine; April 18, 2005, 10:24 AM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Willows has a nice buffet and the dining area has some character, like you're eating out somewhere in the country, instead of in the middle of Honolulu. Their standard buffet runs in the mid to high 20's and usually have mini laulaus, prime rib, turkey, roast suckling pig (with crispy skin), teriyaki chicken, a fish dish, nigiri saimin (noodles wrapped in nori like a sushi), sushi, and a nice dessert spread including soft serve ice milk. They will probably have a special Mother's Day menu. If you plan to go there, you will probably need to make your reservations quickly. I like it.
          Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

I love the Willows. The food is pretty good, but the atmosphere is first rate. I don't know what you've gotta pay to reserve the "canoe table" out in the lagoon, but I'm going to do that one day...

Comment

best mother's day buffett i ate was at the hapuna prince in kohala...it beats the mauna kea beach hands down
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
                Willows has a nice buffet and the dining area has some character, like you're eating out somewhere in the country, instead of in the middle of Honolulu. Their standard buffet runs in the mid to high 20's and usually have mini laulaus, prime rib, turkey, roast suckling pig (with crispy skin), teriyaki chicken, a fish dish, nigiri saimin (noodles wrapped in nori like a sushi), sushi, and a nice dessert spread including soft serve ice milk. They will probably have a special Mother's Day menu. If you plan to go there, you will probably need to make your reservations quickly. I like it.
                Blatant self-promotion: Willows Menus 2002 Mothers' Day
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Anyone eat at a good buffet recently?
                  Have any new restaurants opened since I started this thread?
                  Now this is for a Holiday Party so I think there isn't a limit on price.
                  just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    I love the Willows. The food is pretty good, but the atmosphere is first rate. I don't know what you've gotta pay to reserve the "canoe table" out in the lagoon, but I'm going to do that one day...

^^

And I agree, The Willows no ka oi! My kane LOVES their chicken!
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                      Anyone eat at a good buffet recently?
                      Last month I ate at the Pagoda Floating Restaurant for their Sunday brunch, it's about $20 for a pretty good selection of food compared to their breakfast buffet that goes for $10 for the other days of the week, which I had this past Saturday not much of selection but the food was alright.

By the way any theme to the buffet? Lunch vs dinner, types of food?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        Last month I ate at the Pagoda Floating Restaurant for their Sunday brunch, it's about $20 for a pretty good selection of food compared to their breakfast buffet that goes for $10 for the other days of the week, which I had this past Saturday not much of selection but the food was alright.

By the way any theme to the buffet? Lunch vs dinner, types of food?

Pagoda...Man, talk about food annihilation....Buffets are dangerous, and this one is pretty deadly.

If anone is ever up around Volcano way, The Volcano House has a really great breakfast Buffet. Even better is sitting at the window overlooking the crater while eating...awesome.
                        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I agree with Lynn that the buffet at the Plaza is not bad, but it does lean more on the "breakfast" part of "brunch." I am not a big fan of all-you-can-eat situations, but my family goes to the Ihilani a couple of times a year, and it's wonderful. Really, really good food. Unfortunately, some of the best stuff is the starchy stuff, which they say you're supposed to stay away from at these places. My sister scorns me for loading up on the excellent potato salad, but screw her: she's not paying the bill (my dad is, and he's fine with it!). The attitude with the food at these places is often not to take any care with the food. The food at the Ihilani is always carefully prepared, and I appreciate that. It's nice if you get a view of the pool, too.

Chan's Gourmet (their word, not mine!) Buffet is only passable, but its inexpensive and very tolerant of party noise. Some of the groups in there are ridiculously loud sometimes. I don't like it much, but I go every so often when I need a LOT of time to eat and work -- I never feel rushed when I'm there, and sometimes this reading I have to do is crazy long.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                            Warren - gives away lots of money to charity;
                            Jimmy - makes some very popular music.
                            So... staying on-topic, does anyone have a favorite hotel in Waikiki to visit for all-you-can-eat?

The Oceanarium in the Pacific Beach Hotel is pretty good, and you get to watch all the fish swim by while you're eating their cousins...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                              So... staying on-topic, does anyone have a favorite hotel in Waikiki to visit for all-you-can-eat?
                              Not sure how on topic this is... but I would say any hotel in Waikiki could be considered close to Todai's.

Comment

Working...
                              X