• Re: Off Topic

How come you know about "Buna ziua"?
    Don't tell me that are other romanians here

Comment

Originally posted by edina
      How come you know about "Buna ziua"?
      Don't tell me that are other romanians here
      Not that I know of --- I looked it up online, to make you feel welcome.
      (Hope I got it right...)

Comment

• Re: Threads going off-topic

Originally posted by kimo55
        my question still stands.
        wat we taking abot da monitor lizard living in da BUSH eating hot dogs wid 1 pink bow around da nek and get antennasm huh? u guys 2 much but are so much fun.

The weather is so gloomy today and I was feeling gloomy too but after listening to you all, I had to smile. Thanks so much for reminding me to smile and smell the roses and listen to the birds.

Aloha

Comment

Originally posted by RolfHayes57
          A w e s o m e !
          Originally posted by Michael1200
          A w e s o m e !
          Aww...SPAM! (Both followed by "blogspot links" to buy iPods.)

Comment

Guys...if this thread is out off topic then what can I post here?If I post something it must be about a topic...or not?
            And...by the way...what is the meaning of "keiki"?
            OK, you've had your little game, now where are you from, really?

Comment

How about OFF! the insect repellent? That could be what this thread is about. The topic of OFF.

Hey, that Google Earth software is the bomb. I like the "layers" selection function.

Only bummer is it doesn't support OS X 10.3.9. Only 4.0. That's alright, I have it running on an XP machine.

Oh, sorry, wrong thread. That thread is above this one. Oh, no? This could be the right thread, since it's also OFF TOPIC.

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

And...by the way...what is the meaning of "keiki"?
                ok, now, there's gotta be some min-i-mal cognition level prerequisite before jumping into a Hawaiian islands chat board such as ours.
                You MUST be conversant with basic concepts and words. Otherwise we are gonna spend ALL our time here holding yer hand thru too many things that you should know. Ok, some here may wanna waste their time leading someone thru Hawaii 101. And answering any and all queries as if their whole function is "Basic Hawaii" and "simple internet functions" tech support.
                go for it. (Personally, I see it as not cool to assume that of others.)
                But ya can't expect people to applaud when ya lob a bowling ball into an ongoing tennis match. nosir.
                Last edited by kimo55; January 11, 2006, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  ok, now, there's gotta be some prerequisite before jumping into a Hawaiian islands chat board such as ours.
                  How about an honest desire to learn?
                  We could offer recommendations on where to look up basics of Hawaiian language, history, customs, culture, music, etc. How's the sister-board (HawaiiAnswers.com) doing in that regard?

Comment

yes.
                    hawaiianswers.com
                    ...which may function as the real FAQ for us,
                    as in:
                    "read da FAQ before you post. get a lil background."
                    (which most any and all chat boards have to get newbies up to speed before they ask reeeaaallly dumb questions.) (Yes, there IS such a thing, in some settings.)
                    or sendum to that absolute newbie board:
                    hawaii.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      OK, you've had your little game, now where are you from, really?
                      I dont know what you mean...I am from Romania.You want some details about me to check my location?
                      And kimmo55,thanks for your words,it was better to say that I am not welcome here.
                      Last edited by edina; January 12, 2006, 10:45 AM.

Comment

it was better to say that I am not welcome here.
                        Ahh, don't worry about kimo55 - beneath his gruff exterior beats a heart of ... well, more gruffness.
                        Actually, he's one of the best posters you could get to know here, and it's easy to misjudge him right away (I know I did at first, shame on me), because he pokes with a sharp stick, and has a low tolerance for ignorance. Give back to him as good as he gives out, and you'll do just fine.

(Jeez --- since when did I become his apologist? Must be all this rain in Seattle; it's makin' me soft.)

Comment

I dont know what you mean...I am from Romania.
                          Are not.

You want some details about me to check my location?
                          Yes, please, Adina/Edina!

Here is something you might find helpful, wherever you're from:

http://wehewehe.org/gsdl2.5/cgi-bin/hdict

Go on, don't be afraid. It's an online Hawaiian dictionary. Enter the English or Hawaiian word to get the Hawaiian or English translation.

Comment

Me pictured here with our 1 year old Boerboel.

Pitbulls sux, get a Boerboel. I couldn't ask for a more perfect breed. This is it The South African Boerboel

Aloha,

~Pikake

Comment

Pikake,

Your shoulders are so inspiring, it is my instinctual fallopian versmilitude that expresses this simple truth:

I hate you.

Rock on, girl!

pax

Comment

Uhhhhh...exactly wat Tita Pua'i Mana'o said.

Auntie Lynn

question. how come you take picture of w/one dog and then of your body? nah, nah JOKE!!!
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X