X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Day

Earth Day every day
    Jacquelyn Carberry, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Friday, April 22, 2005
    "Over time, people come to feel guilty about what to do because all you hear about are the failures," said Gowensmith, who has a Ph.D. in counseling psychology. "Guilt and shame only work in the short term. But for long-term success, motivation coupled with success can make the difference. Psychology is about the long term." Positive reinforcement helps. He suggests that taking small steps to improve one's community environment will more likely lead to a permanent change.

Re: Earth Day

Back on April 16th this year a group of us took the time to clean what trash we could from the Ala Wai boat Harbor rock breakwater. At the same time another group that we didn't know of, worked on the shore of Magic Island. The whole area looked great afterwards. Although we knew the tide would bring more at least we felt that we did "something". And that's the point we all need to take responsibility and do what we can. Daily I pick up trash rather than walk past it. None of us can clean up the whole world but sure can make a difference wherever we pass through. Always leave an area better than when you arrived.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
      Back on April 16th this year a group of us took the time to clean what trash we could from the Ala Wai boat Harbor rock breakwater. At the same time another group that we didn't know of, worked on the shore of Magic Island. The whole area looked great afterwards. Although we knew the tide would bring more at least we felt that we did "something". And that's the point we all need to take responsibility and do what we can. Daily I pick up trash rather than walk past it. None of us can clean up the whole world but sure can make a difference wherever we pass through. Always leave an area better than when you arrived.

I went and did this yesterday. The Sierra Club has taken Ala Wai Harbor on as a quarterly project, and their next session for cleaning up the Harbor is to be around Earth Day, I think. If anybody would like to volunteer for that, try going to:

http://www.hi.sierraclub.org/

They have many other clean-up projects and legislative issues that they take on. Good for them!

Comment

I must be sorely evil, or the Devil. I didn't do nothing this whole year, last year and the previous years, but add to the trash. O.K. I did pick up some trash at a beach last year but that was like old Mc Donalds Cups. For those of you who do clean up. KEEP IT UP.
        A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Working...
        X