Lee Cataluna Medical Complications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Cataluna Medical Complications

I just heard on Channel 2 News that Lee Cataluna has been hospitalized due to complications from giving birth. Both she and her child are recovering. My thoughts and prayers go out to Lee and her Family.
    Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

cataluna in grave condition?

KHON just reported that lee suffered an amniotic fluid embolysm and that "family and friends are praying for her recovery." yikes.

Comment

cataluna near death???

Joe Moore just reported (Thursday at 10) that Lee Cataluna suffered serious complications in childbirth. Amniotic fluid embolysm, they said, adding that "family and friends are praying for her recovery."

Comment

Re: Praying for Lee Cataluna

Did they say she was recovering? I really hope that she is. I think the news said that she had a rare condition called amniotic fluid embolism. That has a maternal mortality rate of 80%. Sounds like she & her baby can use all the prayers we can give. The power of prayer!

Comment

Re: cataluna near death???

Two threads have been merged into this one. One message moved out of the TV section and merged here since Ms. Cataluna is presently employed with the print media. My prayers go out to her and her family.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Praying for Lee Cataluna

Is this her first child? What a terrifying thing to happen. It makes me stop and be thankful for the simple basic fact of good health. Everybody, remember to appreciate your loved ones, because life is fleeting and death doesn't always give you a warning notice.

Comment

Re: Lee Cataluna Medical Complications

Here's the official Advertiser report:

Advertiser columnist in hospital
              Honolulu Advertiser columnist Lee Cataluna is hospitalized in The Queen's Medical Center intensive-care unit after complications in childbirth. Cataluna, 38, suffered a seizure Monday night after going into labor to deliver her first child. Doctors performed an emergency Caesarean section and delivered a baby girl. The baby was taken to Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children, where she remains in its intensive-care unit.
              My heart and well-wishes go out to her and her family. Lee has no shortage of spunk and fire, so I have high hopes. I'm sad to read that she and her daughter had to be separated, but I pray for a quick and joyous reunion.

Comment

This is the first place I heard about this. Wow! Lee is from Kaumakani, Kauai and she has had alot of great infleunces on the locals here as well. Our humble prayers goes out to her and her baby. May our good lord keep and protect them from all harm. Get well Lee and baby. Take care.

Malama Pono,
                Bruddah Rus
                What Name?
                Drink On Me!

Comment

Through the grapevine I have heard that not all bodes well for baby and Lee. Keep those prayers coming.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Sorry to hear of that. I hope she and her baby will be well soon... God's speed.

Comment

one of the local broadcast news stations reported tonight that lee's condition is improving...it appears that the power of prayer is alive and well (regardless of who may be praying to whom)...keep it up, threadsters...
                      Don't be mean,
                      try to help.

Comment

Advertiser says she's "improving," nothing else.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln32p.html

Comment

Re: Advertiser says she's "improving," nothing else.

My God, that's absolutely terrifying to hear. Can't even believe it, never heard of that happening before. Shows how uninformed I am, but I don't care about my smarts, I just hope everything works out and gets better for Lee and her baby. It's good to hear that she's improving, at least, must stay on that track. Prayers? You got 'em from me, for sure.
                          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Well, it's been nine days. I wish we could get an update on Lee and her child. It's really hard when you want to reach out to them with more than prayer. I truly wish this family all the comfort God can provide. I think about them every day. It's not one of those things you want to look at and say that Lee will have something profound to write about as a result. It's definitely something that will leave part of her hollow and hurting for a good long time. If there is anyway this family could be given a miracle, I'd find a way. As it is, a virtual hug for the three of them will just have to do as miracles are in someone else's department.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                              Well, it's been nine days. I wish we could get an update on Lee and her child.
                              Clearly she's survived -- otherwise we'd have heard that she died -- but even so, from what I have read about amniotic fluid embolism, her prospects look grim. Most survivors suffer from neurological damage. It's very scary, and it's understandable that the family will not want to say anything until they are absolutely certain of her prognosis.

Comment

Working...
                              X