Comments on the Akaka Bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spilt milk 'n Ashkenazi fluids

Linkmeister= --"What I'm sayin' is, that was 1959. It's spilt milk. Argue/advocate for something to happen differently now; don't waste your time fighting about what coulda/woulda/shoulda happened 47 years ago. It's pointless.

Forget the truth? Forget the appreciation of truth? Forgeting bthe truth has sure worked to disguise United States uncategorical refusal to permit masses of European, Ashkenazi Jews to immigrate to the United States well before Hitlernazi Christians began wholesale extermination of Ashkenazi Jews: "Don't waste your time on spilt milk, somebody else will clean it up! Just go on as if nothing has happened."
    Last edited by waioli kai; June 8, 2006, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Re: Comments on the Akaka Bill?

Originally posted by waioli kai
      Forget the truth? That has sure worked to disguise United States uncategorical refusal to permit masses of European, Ashkenazi Jews to immigrate to the United States well before Hitlernazi Christians began wholesale extermination of Ashkenazi Jews. "Don't waste your time on spilt milk, somebody else will clean it up! Just go on as if nothing has happened."
      I completely fail to see what that interpretation of history has to do with the current situation of Hawaiians. Also, I didn't say "somebody else will clean it up." I said it's over, get beyond it and work toward a solution that's acceptable to you and your neighbors.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

• Ignore history at your own peril, re: Comments on the Akaka Bill?

'
        wkai= --"Forget the truth? That has sure worked to disguise United States uncategorical refusal to permit masses of European, Ashkenazi Jews to immigrate to the United States well before Hitlernazi Christians began wholesale extermination of Ashkenazi Jews. 'Don't waste your time on spilt milk, somebody else will clean it up! Just go on as if nothing has happened.' --

linkmister= --'I completely fail to see what that interpretation of history has to do with the current situation of Hawaiians. Also, I didn't say "somebody else will clean it up." I said it's over, get beyond it and work toward a solution that's acceptable to you and your neighbors.'--

History is what you call "spilt milk"? Many others have observed and said: "Ignore history at your own peril." If you think, speak, communicate as if 1959 is ancient history, unamenable to more truthful revision, then all that has transpired up to the 1959 vote, in your estimation, may as well be deemed to have already exhausted all of its determinative value for the present, not to mention for the future.
        Last edited by waioli kai; June 8, 2006, 09:32 PM.

Comment

'Kay. I give up. This has deteriorated into a spitting match, and I don't care to be spat upon.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
            I think the key thing to consider now is, where do we go from here ? It seems
            the Akaka bill is at best on life support, at the worst dead ? I don't have all
            the answers, I'm just throwing that question out there ?
            This festering sore will NEVER go away until something like the Akaka Bill passes. Haole and Asian opponents might think they won yesterday. All this does is guarantee that Hawaiian, Native and toe-nail, will continue to express legitimate and legal grievences. Hawaii will continue to be "divided" and the 80% immigrants will continue to have to live with the knowledge that "they" stole "our lands". They will always live in a state where they may own their home but their the escrow title will never be "clear".

Its never going away until some Hawaiian Nation is restored.

Now, start to dismantle Kamehameha Schools and Liliuokalani Trust and you will finally see civil disobediance and maybe even violence. This thing is going to get a lot uglier before it gets any better. That's my prediction.

Comment

the knowledge that "they" stole "our lands".

Sorry Kam...not me. I bought my slice of heaven from the Bishop. You might say what is left of the Royal line sold the land to me.

I have the receipt to prove it.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

• Re: fascUSt leaders defeat Akaka Bill motion

"... U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye said the U.S. Justice Department released a letter on the eve of yesterday's Senate action.

In a written statement, Inouye said he "did not expect or anticipate that the administration of President Bush would issue the sort of misleading letter."

In the letter, William Moschella, assistant attorney general for the Justice Department, cited a report from the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, saying the bill risks "further subdividing the American people into discrete subgroups accorded varying degrees of privilege."

Inouye charged that the Bush administration on Wednesday was "grossly disingenuous" in its letter and based its opposition on the original language of the bill, knowing that it had been reworded to meet past objections.

"Then the Republican leadership used the letter to urge the majority to vote against the Akaka Bill, saying this was the administration's position," Inouye said.

When asked about the letter, Lingle said, "I wish it wouldn't have come out when it did. I don't think it was helpful."
                http://starbulletin.com/2006/06/09/news/story01.html

One can only expect underhanded, backstabbing from this CheneyBush administration. No honor. No trust. No integrity.
                "Opponents of the bill praised the vote.

" 'I think it's a definite victory for all of the individuals, both Hawaiian and non-Hawaiian, who contacted their senators and asked they vote against the cloture petition,' said Ikaika Hussey, of Hui Pu, a coalition of native Hawaiians opposed to the Akaka Bill."

Hawai'ians and their supporters in favor of the Akaka Bill deserve from Hawai'ian opponents of the bill better explanations of their anti-Akaka Bill postion.

Comment

"...The fight for justice isn't won once; it is a long process that requires endurance, vigilance and flexible strategy...."

Lee Cataluna, in her column in today's Advertiser

What Lee writes in her column today is very true. Even though the Akaka Bill has again been dismissed by Congress, the kanaka maoli need to persevere and they and their friends need to spread the true history of why their fight for recognition is important to indigenous people all over the world. Remember, it took from 1901 to 1959 for Hawai'i to achieve Statehood...

Onipa'a! Let the pueo protect and guide you through the turbulent waters of justice.

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; June 9, 2006, 07:51 AM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

• Re: fascUSt leaders defeat Akaka Bill motion

Originally posted by waioli kai
                    .[INDENT]"... U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye said the U.S. Justice Department released a letter on the eve of yesterday's Senate action.

In a written statement, Inouye said he "did not expect or anticipate that the administration of President Bush would issue the sort of misleading letter."

Waioli Kai,

I have no evidence to support the following position.

Dan Inouye is a politicians politician. He is an absolute master.

He also happens to be the one individual in all of U.S. History who has helped indigenous people establish sovereign nations. As I’ve stated before, Dan Inouye is revered by Native American Indians like no other non-Indian. His office is adorned with Indian artifacts, not Japanese or Hawaiian or American.

There’s the old saying. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

It’s a great time for Dan Inouye to be able to blame the evil republicans and George Bush. It’s the perfect alibi for someone who might not want it passed anyway.

I don’t think Akaka can get this passed alone. I believe Dan Inouye could pass this with ease. His support to me has been more formal and less passionate in my opinion. I could easily see Dan Inouye letting his Senate colleagues know that while he will put a public front on that supports the bill, he silently has ensured it’s death behind closed doors.

Why can’t the 2nd in Seniority in the Senate, a man who has been the Indian Affairs Chairman for many years and who is most responsible for establishing 180 Indian tribes in the US today get a similar thing done in his own state? Could it be that it’s because he doesn’t want to?

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                      the knowledge that "they" stole "our lands".

Sorry Kam...not me. I bought my slice of heaven from the Bishop. You might say what is left of the Royal line sold the land to me.

I have the receipt to prove it.

There is a cloud on your title.

Its not an American legal cloud.

Its a spiritual cloud.
                      Its a psychological cloud.
                      Its a moral cloud.

You might not understand the cloud. But it will remain until justice is done.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                        There is a cloud on your title.

Its not an American legal cloud.

Its a spiritual cloud.
                        Its a psychological cloud.
                        Its a moral cloud.

You might not understand the cloud. But it will remain until justice is done.
                        I agree with you, Kamuela, but those words will fall on deaf ears because TimKona will never understand or care to understand, for that matter; he's got his piece of the rock and he bought it with his hard earned money.

Miulang
                        Last edited by Miulang; June 9, 2006, 08:27 AM.
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

So are you saying that Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop, and her will, trust, and estate are invalid, morally? Many Hawaiians I have spoken to think the Bishop Estate is an evil entity that does not really help Hawaiians at all. So what say you?

Were there others in the Royal Line that disapproved of the Princess and her trust? How did the King feel when a subject spoke critically of Royal decision making?

And yes, the clouds on my land help the garden to grow. Without the clouds, and the life giving rain, my garden would not be nearly as productive. In fact, I just planted numerous red ti, and the next day it rained. Maybe that's Spiritual. But I'm more of an earth based human. Which is why I love my garden. God Bless dirty fingernails.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

So are you saying that Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop, and her will, trust, and estate are invalid, morally? Many Hawaiians I have spoken to think the Bishop Estate is an evil entity that does not really help Hawaiians at all. So what say you?

Once again you simply shoot your mouth off. Typical.

One womans PRIVATE will and the Illegal overthrow of a Nation are ENTIRELY INDEPENDENT events.

Pauahi's will was written long before the overthrow and simply stated what she wanted her estate to become once she died. She did not say that her will should be used as tool to help Hawaiians in their greivences against a future occupying country. She simply said start 2 schools, with preference, implied at least, for Hawaiian children. That is the only purpose of Bishop Estate. Any Hawaiian who doesn't like that should also read her will. There is nothing in it that describes any responsibility to "Hawaiians" as a group or other Hawaiian causes.

The overthrow of a the Nation where that will happened to be written has nothing to do with that will.

Too hard for you?????
                            Last edited by kamuelakea; June 9, 2006, 09:01 AM.

Comment

So what say you?

Ignore the overthrow itself for a moment.

The US Constitution, which I'm sure you love, forbids the US from expanding its territory to other countries without TREATY.

There was no treaty. Only a congressional vote.

Obviously an illegal expansion of territory.

So What you say?

Comment

TimKona: if you really want to try to understand why land ownership is such a sensitive issue for the kanaka maoli, please research articles on the Great Mahele of 1848. I think it would open your eyes to see how Western influences created a situation where they were able to take advantage of a group of people whose lives and history were very much tied to their land.

Miulang
                                Last edited by Miulang; June 9, 2006, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X