Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkers and Pogo

Totally random thought lol.

Anyone remember this show? BONUS: Anyone been to the taping of the show as a kid? *raises hand* haha

Re: Checkers and Pogo

I just came across a autographed picture from Checkers & Pogo that my wife received at a tv taping. If anyone out there has complete shows on tape please drop me a line, hopefully with old KGMB ads and promos still intact as well. Considering that the show didnt leave the airwaves until 1982 I'm shocked that some people dont have those vhs or beta tapes sitting in an attic or something. I'd buy the tapes from anyone if they are offering or borrow them if I could.

Mahalo!!!

KalihiBoy

Comment

What I'd pay to see an episode of "On The Go".......

The hippo.....or the men in their flying machines....or the bread making at Love's.....or the glass blower.......or the underground water tunnels.......or the BARN at the zoo........

I never quite enjoyed the painting one though.

Anyone else remember these?

Comment

Wow, the memories. By the way, I'm celebrating an Merry Unbirthday today. Where's the jar of pennies?
        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Checkers & Pogo???....
          Dang!. I sure miss those guys! They were pretty funny!.
          What happened to those 2 after they were taken off of the airwaves?
          Did they pass away? if so when & from what?.

I remembered seeing them on the road driving pass by my aunty's car while I was in the back seat with my cousin, when I was a young kid. When we got home, I was so excited that I saw them next to us on the road. LOL.

Thanks for the memories.

Aloha.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Three different people played "Checkers" and I know one of them passed away about a couple of years ago.

Comment

i loved that show...i never appeared on the show, but because by dad was in tv production at the time, i often got to visit the set...i distinctly remember asking to be a part of a cream pie in the face gag...and how about that groovy convertible they used to bomb around town in? that was a seriously hip ride!
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                i loved that show...i never appeared on the show, but because by dad was in tv production at the time, i often got to visit the set...i distinctly remember asking to be a part of a cream pie in the face gag...and how about that groovy convertible they used to bomb around town in? that was a seriously hip ride!
                Yeah, their convertible was pretty groovy!.

What did became of their car? was it auctioned off? sold?
                or what??
                Aches & Pains

Comment

good question...i'd buy it in a heartbeat...a perfect monstrosity, a checkered behemoth of an anachronism, guzzling gas at 5 miles per gallon and belching exhaust into the air...now THAT'S a weekend drive! imagineprking a machine like that at ala moana during the holiday shopping season...i'd bet that driving that car was one of c&p's favorite perks...
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

I wouldn't be caught dead in that car. Wasn't it a Galaxy 500 or something like that?

Anyway back then I remember people throwing stuff at that car...I guess from disgruntled kids who never got picked to go on the show or who lost in the many games they played.

Wasn't the car painted a green and white checkerboard pattern? Or was it black and white. Geez I'm getting old.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Sure do!! I was on their show one afternoon.....me and the rest of the troop of Girl Scouts!!

Hey, remember the Professor?!
                      Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                        I wouldn't be caught dead in that car. Wasn't it a Galaxy 500 or something like that?
                        Nope, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be.

Anyway back then I remember people throwing stuff at that car...I guess from disgruntled kids who never got picked to go on the show or who lost in the many games they played.

Wasn't the car painted a green and white checkerboard pattern? Or was it black and white. Geez I'm getting old.
                        I'm kind of getting old myself, in remembering then.
                        I think it was black & white checkerboard.
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

Cool got some other old kids on this board Yeah I went twice with my den of Cub Scout brothers. Can anyone name the classic cartoons they used to show? I still remember Clutch Cargo only because I thought it was kinda creepy hehe. Speed Racer was my fave.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                            Cool got some other old kids on this board Yeah I went twice with my den of Cub Scout brothers. Can anyone name the classic cartoons they used to show? I still remember Clutch Cargo only because I thought it was kinda creepy hehe. Speed Racer was my fave.
                            Speed Racer, was also my fave. I think because I thought the animated cartoon :
                            Speed Racer was cute.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics
                              Sure do!! I was on their show one afternoon.....me and the rest of the troop of Girl Scouts!!

Hey, remember the Professor?!
                              You know, I think I missed that part.
                              Either that, or I'm just getting old myself, any way.LOL.

I hope someone here remembers that.

Aloha.
                              Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                              X