Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

I saw it late at night this weekend and really enjoyed it. I give it 4 out of 5 stars, and rank it fourth out of the 6 episodes.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

We saw it today at a special showing at Dole. I was bracing myself for the worst, and was pleasantly surprised. Oh, yes, the "domestic" scenes were groaners, and some of the lines ("Well, in my opinion, you're the evil one!") absolutely awful, but the overall story arc was easy to follow (at least versus the previous two) and the neat-and-tidy link up to "Episode IV: A New Hope" packed all the right emotional punches.

Most entertaining was, after 90 percent of the film is oozing with eye-popping special effects, seeing the sets, costumes and technology suddenly go retro so as to ensure consistency with the 1977 visuals that "follow."

Well worth seeing in the theater, especially a THX certified one. I feel like pulling out the original trilogy now.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        We saw it today at a special showing at Dole.
        What made this showing today at Dole Cannery special over the first day midnight show and all others? I seen this referenced on your photoblogs. Just wondering. Did Dole add in scenes the rest of us mortals did not get or something????
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
          What made this showing today at Dole Cannery special over the first day midnight show and all others? I seen this referenced on your photoblogs. Just wondering. Did Dole add in scenes the rest of us mortals did not get or something????
          Nah, just a group-reserved theater. A local gamer/computer store bought out a screen, and sold tickets as a fundraiser of some sort. So folks got dressed up (not me!), gave away prizes, and basically had a little party before the show began.

That's my brother, the Jedi...

Comment

howcome

Howcome...

(spoiler questions coming)

Howcome Obi-Wan just no use the Force fo' knock the buzz droids off his spaceship in the beginning?

Howcome Obi-Wan tells Anakin, "Only the Sith deal in absolutes"? That's not one absolute too? Or when Yoda tells Luke, "There is no try. Only do, or do not." Sounds absolute to me.

Howcome Stormtroopers wear armor, but no stop nothing? Not lasers or even rocks thrown by Ewoks.

Comment

Re: howcome

Originally posted by Ra-Di-Oh!
              Howcome Obi-Wan just no use the Force fo' knock the buzz droids off his spaceship in the beginning?
              It could be one of two reasons. He was inside the spaceship, they was on the outside of the spaceship, using the force might have affected the hull of the spaceship first, in which case he would have been in worse trouble. The other reason might be he was too busy flying the spaceship to use the force on those droids.

Originally posted by Ra-Di-Oh!
              Howcome Stormtroopers wear armor, but no stop nothing? Not lasers or even rocks thrown by Ewoks.
              I think the armor might lessen the impact when you get hit, but doesn't make one invinceable.

Comment

Re: howcome

Random incomplete thoughts I posted yesterday on another board that I frequent after seeing it twice in one day, and I'm going to see it again tonight and another time this week with my bro...what a week this will be.

Spoilers, just in case, 'cause I can't really get the spoiler tag to work

- liked movie a lot, but it was very, very headachey with the bright lightsabers all the time. The scene with Grievous starting his battle with Obi-Wan was a definitely headache.
                - not surprised that there was zilch about Boba Fett in this, but my dad kept whining when I told him because that's his "man."
                - liked Christensen's acting a lot this time around, I think he's really good in this, even in the romance scenes. Portman still annoying as ever, though (insert comment about how she's still hot and how it somehow matters)
                - Sam Jackson's bug-eyes really creep me out, especially with the baldness of the character
                - Palpatine's total evilness was really cool until I started to pay attention to those weird ****ing noises he kept making around Windu's death, and the way he talked after awhile just started making me think "dude, I know you're evil and all, but why are you doing that...", but overall, I loved creepy, old Palpatine
                - when Qui-Gon was mentioned, I thought "oh, cool, Qui-Gon!" and then when that happened to be the only thing relating to him, I was annoyed
                - liked the humor in the beginning and whatever other small humorous bits there were, just cause it's nice to laugh
                - those noises that Obi-Wan's lizard thingy kept making were a little annoying, but the PETA ***** in me got all sad when it was falling towards the water
                - poor younglings, and I was a little sad while watching the Jedi Council and others get wiped out

And I can't think of anything else to say, which is probably a good thing.

I rank the movies as:

ROTJ > TESB > ANH > ROTS > AOTC > TPM

And the reason I've got ROTJ first...is because I can.

Will likely have more thoughts when I watch it later tonight.
                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I saw Star Wars: Episode III twice on the opening weekend. I loved it! It was better than I anticipated. After the last two episodes I went into the theater with my expectations low and was in awe!
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Saw it for the third time today. I noticed that there is a ship shaped like the Millennium Falcon in the scene where Obi-Wan and Anakin bring back the Chancellor to various members of the Senate.

Comment

I was bored, much relieved when it finally ended (after what seemed like about six hours). If Lucas decides to go on to parts 7, 8 and 9, he won't find me in the audience.

Comment

Star Wars Episode III: a steaming pile of Sith

Figured he'd say that
                        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                          If Lucas decides to go on to parts 7, 8 and 9, he won't find me in the audience.
                          The thing is what kind of story could be told after the fall of the empire and the re-building of the republic? It's not that this galatic body had outside enemies to contend with, which kind of makes building the Death Star kind of senseless.
                          I can't remember where I read it but one web site suggested making an epsiode zero, where the story of the Jedi and the Sith could be told, since the Sith seemed to come out of no where and take over the galaxy.

Comment

It's almost a month since Star Wars: Episode III has opened. While I said this to a few people who have seen it and since no one else has brought it up here I will put this in a spoiler.

After 25 years (from Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, where we first find out that Darth Vader is Luke's father), that the reason why he turn to the Dark Side of the Force is that:

The Sith offerred a better health plan for his spouse! Well sort of.

Comment

wa ho!

Revenge of the Cyst
                              free!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/18/te...y/18glick.html
                              stopbug
                              bugmac
                              Last edited by kimo55; June 18, 2005, 03:33 PM.

Comment

story comes full circle. I expected more but got less. now we all know what happen. now if only dey made the movies with today's technology instead of back in the 70s. but kinda nostalgic eh?! hehehe hanabada dayz....
                                Reggie aka pinakboy
                                Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                                Recipe Tube TV!
                                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
                                X