Local TV Jingles From Yesteryear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Local TV Jingles From Yesteryear

Ole Bucky's toothpaste was Ipana. As in " brusha brusha brusha with Ipana toothpaste, brusha brusha brusha Ipana for your teeeeeeeeeeeeeth. " LOL. Old enough ?

Comment

Yeah, das da one too. jingles. wen you think of one...smiles and laughter. den da bugga stay in ya mind all dey!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Does Hawaiian Host still use its "Hawaii's Gift to the World" tune?[/QUOTE]

actually, i can't remember the last time i saw a Hawaiian Host commercial, but i'm not a fan of The Hawaiian Moving Company, either...the old one they used to run during Kikaida on KIKU is the one i remember...

that "We're Woolworth's, Hawaii's Favorite Store" jingle was slickly produced...i can remember hearing all of the rough cuts and demos that got made throughout the project, before that song ever went to air...lots of orchestration, although i'm pretty sure is was synthesizer and early MIDI stuff...
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

This is not a jingle from yesteryear, but it will become one for me at some point in the future: The Victoria Ward Centers jingle. Can somebody tell me exactly how it goes?

I know it goes something like this: "Victoria Ward Center(s?)..always (your?in?) style.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
            I know it goes something like this: "Victoria Ward Center(s?)..always (your?in?) style.
            I think it's "Victoria Ward Centers, always your style." Which has a descending melody that, in my view, isn't quite as catchy or upbeat as the previous version, which was, "Victoria Ward Centers... centers around you!"

Comment

Mahalo, PZ. I've never been good at deciphering radio jingles!!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
                Mahalo, PZ. I've never been good at deciphering radio jingles!!
                Well you set me straight on the Exchange song! Nice work!
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

Sometimes when I'm happy
                  I stick out my tongue
                  and put on the flavors
                  of Yick Young

Or something like that!
                  Last edited by alohabear; June 2, 2005, 06:30 AM.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

Cool one....Yick Lung.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
                      Cool one....Yick Lung.

oh that's it....I haven't seen those seeds in a long time! Do they still make them?
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Hey, how about some of the local TV jingles from the late 80s?

We're 4 Hawaii! It's you we're working 4! Come help us celebrate, we're 4 Hawaii on 4!

K-5, K-5, Hawaii is watching us grow, K-5... watch us grow, step by step, watch us grow, we'll show you the best! Exciting sports... all the great movies... your favorite shows... watch us grow! K-5, K-5, Hawaii is watching us grow... K-5!

KHNL, brings excitement to your screen, Hawaii's very own Channel 13.. KHNL, brings excitement to your screen.. KHNL... KHNL... KHNL... 13!

Comment

On some old beta tapes from 1983 I see KITV's news chopper flying around the city with the Eurythmics "Here Comes the Rain" song in the background.

Anyone remember that? Anybody else have tapes they can dig out or let me borrow, I'd love to make available for everyone a DVD of local commercial jingles on video.

I even have some old Bob Sevey/Linda Coble newscasts!!

KalihiBoy

Comment

Kalihiboy, I'd pay you cold, hard cash to get dubs of some of those old broadcasts. Did you keep the commercial spots too? I'm seriously getting excited... I unfortunately don't have much by way of old broadcasts -- just a few KITV from the late 80s.

Comment

Hey Doctah,

Let me know what kind of old KITV stuff you have and maybe we can set
                              some type of deal up!

Anyone else out there with old local shows/newscasts/network broadcasts
                              from the 70's or 80's WITH commercials still intact, please let me know!

Thanks!

KalihiBoy

Comment

it's not an ad, but does anyone else remember the song from the summer of probably '71, which questioned "timothy, timothy, where on earth have you gone". it was about a cave-in or some such thing, and when the survivors were rescued, no trace of timothy was to be found....
                                i think it was only played in hawaii, nobody from the mainland that i know ever heard it.

Comment

Working...
                                X