X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Afternoon Drive Traffic Reports

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Good old Slick Vic...where you been?
    Not here, that's for sure. His last post was on June 20.
    Of 2004.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Since this old thread has been revived I'll throw in my two cents as a regular Ewa-bound commuter coming from the Sand Island area. Jason and Dave's traffic reports have about as much value as a farting cat. Danielle Tucker on the other hand actually bothers to take a look at the traffic and communicate when Kamehameha or Salt Lake are better options than the H-1 or H-201, something those other two never think about.

Comment

I also agree that Danielle Tucker is more specific and better with the traffic reports gridlocks, alternatives, etc. than Dave and Jason...

Comment

I hate commuting and So I Invented my own traffic reporting system. It allows users to record their own reports and it allows other users to vote based on the content... dumb reports will get deleted quickly. Also USers that subscribe to the twitter user Will get any Trafic ALERTS (real alerts like nimitz the otherday) SMS'd right to the cell phone. There is also a leaderboard to ecourage good reporting. Give it Try, I am trying to get users to Use the system! It would have saved me time on nimitz If i knew (since I could have listened on the system) and taken the h1 thru town.
          the website is http://www.kokuatraffic.com
          and you can call in to the number 792-8884 its totally free.
          I hope it helps some people get the road conditions in realtime before you leave the office and during the commute!

Comment

Originally posted by 808blogger View Post
            I hate commuting and So I Invented my own traffic reporting system. It allows users to record their own reports and it allows other users to vote based on the content... dumb reports will get deleted quickly. Also USers that subscribe to the twitter user Will get any Trafic ALERTS (real alerts like nimitz the otherday) SMS'd right to the cell phone. There is also a leaderboard to ecourage good reporting. Give it Try, I am trying to get users to Use the system! It would have saved me time on nimitz If i knew (since I could have listened on the system) and taken the h1 thru town.
            the website is http://www.kokuatraffic.com
            and you can call in to the number 792-8884 its totally free.
            I hope it helps some people get the road conditions in realtime before you leave the office and during the commute!
            This is awesome! I'll definitely participate especially because I'm often on the road and I can send reports as well as get them.

You should post the info in the Route 808 thread as well if you haven't already.
            Last edited by glossyp; October 19, 2007, 05:59 PM. Reason: Add suggestion

Comment

hey 808blogger

been trying to keep up kokuatraffic for a few days. some days pretty good, some so-so. interesting concept.

nice to call in and hear a report when you want and not wait every ten minutes...

how bout this...for the morning commute, i think most people want to know how it is at the airport viaduct off ramps, middle street overpass, and the new nuisance, the h1 ewa bound from pc to the merge. ridiculous.

for the pm, airport viaduct, middle street townbound, stadium, and maybe ft. weaver, but that's the same story.

looking forward to more reports from whoever. do you look at cameras or your own commute?
              Always check and double check

Comment

Both Cameras and commute and also other people call in and report!

Feel Free to leave your own reports! thats the point! if you are in traffic or a know that traffic is really good in an area call in and leave a report (option 2)

the real point is to have the entire community calling in and reporting

792-8884 kokuatraffic

option 1 listen to reports
                option 2 Leave a report

Originally posted by Video Guy View Post
                hey 808blogger

been trying to keep up kokuatraffic for a few days. some days pretty good, some so-so. interesting concept.

nice to call in and hear a report when you want and not wait every ten minutes...

how bout this...for the morning commute, i think most people want to know how it is at the airport viaduct off ramps, middle street overpass, and the new nuisance, the h1 ewa bound from pc to the merge. ridiculous.

for the pm, airport viaduct, middle street townbound, stadium, and maybe ft. weaver, but that's the same story.

looking forward to more reports from whoever. do you look at cameras or your own commute?

Comment

Working...
                X