Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post a picture of yourself!

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    So here is a new one of DS. He's such a sweetie!
    He looks like he has the potential to be a future President of the USA! Congratulations! Teach him tolerance, fortitude, and the value of a well rounded education. Courage and virtue will follow in their wake.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
      Aloha! I'm going to be joining you all in 6 weeks. My husband's being transferred to Oahu for a year to do some work for the KamKam school district. He's out there right now for training and scoping out houses for us. I'm 27, he's 30, and we've both lived in Texas all our lives. (He has an accent, but I don't....or at least that's what I've been told!) We live in Dallas, which is where I grew up. He moved here from Houston about 4 years ago.

I'm excited to move, but really nervous, too. It'll be a huge change. I came out to visit him once in May when he was setting up the project, and of course I loved it out there. But we're having to leave behind our 2 dogs for two months until they can come out without having to be quarantined. (His company didn't give us enough notice for us to get all the stuff done in time) And I don't know anybody out there, so...

Anyway, here's a picture of us:
      Welcome, but, honeychild if you grew up in Texas you better reconsider your assertion that you have no accent! Believe me, you do!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Ah, so now I have Makurokurosuke to myself once again! (The "soot balls" from the AF's favorite movie, "My Neighbor Totoro.")
        BTW, Leo...been to the Hayao Miyazaki museum? We saw it featured on one of the local Japanese channels recently. I would love to go there; I bet I would miss a lot of the little "easter eggs" they have hidden in the museum due to my lack of cultural understanding. The show explained that you need reservations placed years in advance to be able to go.

And Matapule, thank you for your kind words. May I drop him off with you when he suddenly knows all and parents are no longer of any use....?

Comment

BTW, Leo...been to the Hayao Miyazaki museum? We saw it featured on one of the local Japanese channels recently. I would love to go there; I bet I would miss a lot of the little "easter eggs" they have hidden in the museum due to my lack of cultural understanding. The show explained that you need reservations placed years in advance to be able to go.
          We did indeed go to the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka. We bought our tickets about 3 months in advance, if I recall correctly, through our contact at JTB. This was in June of 2004, when we spent three weeks in Japan for the AF's birthday. It certainly helped that she was fluent in Japanese, and familiar with much of Miyazaki-San's work.

I recall that they also had an "exchange" display about Pixar, with early sketches and material for their (at that time) upcoming film, "The Incredibles."

Comment

May I drop him off with you when he suddenly knows all and parents are no longer of any use....?
            Being the proud father of two beautiful daughters, I can assure you that happens right after their 3rd birthday!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              Being the proud father of two beautiful daughters, I can assure you that happens right after their 3rd birthday!
              Haha! Now I understand! That's why he works on my POG and Pokemon skills occasionally; he is feeling sorry that his old parents are not up to date

Comment

That's me at Kanaha on windless day.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MadRussian View Post
                  That's me at Kanaha on windless day.
                  Что ваше имя? Borat? очень хорошо!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    Что ваше имя? Borat? очень хорошо!
                    Do I look like Borat? I'm not from Kazachstan. I'm not even british jew as Sasha Baron Cohen is.
                    Меня зовут Андрей, я из России, с Урала. Да, это неплохо.

Comment

I think i did it right. This is me, the hubby and nephew sefa!
                      Attached Files
                      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

okay, lets see if this works! The first is me.. the second is my son Noah when he was two. The third was taken in August on the island of La Gomera, Spain (he is four now). You can see he has improved his tiger face! He practises a lot... da little buggah
                        Attached Files

Comment

That last pic has Noah looking like he is in Lord of the Flies!! What a cutie!

Comment

Hmmmm...I don't think there are any decent ones of me with my hubby AND son...I will probably post 2 pics, both from our trip there last month. The first one will be of me with our son Jimmy (21), at Waimea Canyon; the 2nd of me with my husband Frank, at Cheeseburger in Paradise on Kalakaua Blvd., taken the same day we renewed our vows for our 25th anniversary, which is next month. FUN TIMES ALL AROUND!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Myself and my wonderful hubby.

And just moi after chopping all my hair off

Comment

Lots of good looking peoples!

Saying aloha after a long time of being gone.

Me lately...
                                Attached Files
                                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Working...
                                X