Radio Free Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radio Free Hawaii

Sounds good to me... would be happy to host it on 808shows or link it if it lives elsewhere (which might be better) or whatever... fill me in.

ps - you've all seen dave carr's 'scene museum' right?

if not, I have a link to it under the "resources" tab on my site.
    it's got some real good stuff already!

bye for now, busy busy weekend planned!!!
    808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Originally posted by Doctah
      Not to interrupt the string... but how many of you out there still have tapes of Radio Free Hawaii?
      I have about a dozen 90 minute tapes of Radio Free Hawaii, which I should transfer to CD... however these would end up being 2 CD sets since a CD is only 70 minutes long.

Most of my tapes are of Norm counting down the Top 36, a small handful of tapes where some of my friends (and even I) were guest DJs on the station and I think one of the day the station came back on the air in April of 1995.

I had a Mad Mohammed tape at one time but gave it away to a friend years ago, who after he heard it erased it!
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Radio Free Hawaii (?)

where'd that thread go?

...is this my alzheimer's setting in??

Comment

hey... turned up in a search... will this thread come back to life if i reply... or will my computer blow up??!!! let's find out...

3... 2... 1...

Comment

Yes, the thread is still alive.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

i just found this thread...sweet...radio free kicked arse...i remember having a barbeque with reel big fish at the station, among other things...mad mohammed, man, that brings it all back...he was classic...
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                I'd be more than happy to provide the technological back-end for this project. (I think something similar might be a great workspace for scrivener's Diamond Head Crater Festival as well.) I've been playing with MediaWiki, and even have an installation sitting here with nothing to fill it with...

Drop me a PM, Kathy and Kamapuaa and anyone else... I'd love to see what I can do for you.
                i was there back in the day, and am sure i could track down some archival footage and live stuff...if any one is on this, pm me or whatever...i'd love to be on board for a project like this...
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shows.com
                  ps - you've all seen dave carr's 'scene museum' right?

if not, I have a link to it under the "resources" tab on my site.
                  it's got some real good stuff already!
                  Holy crap that Scene Museum rules.

I completely forgot about the old "Scrawling Wall" 'zine! I had nearly every issue shoved in a dresser drawer when I was younger and unsavvy to the historical and collector value of such a collection of obscure newsprint.

Which means, of course, that at one point during the late 80's when my Dad threatened to beat the crap out of me unless I cleaned my room, all of my Scrawling Wall zines ended up somewhere in the dump on Kapaa Quarry Road...

Along with many of my homemade cassette recordings of both Radio Free Hawaii and KTUH...

ARGH!!!!

Comment

Love the radio free and jelly's trying to reach Norm? Anyone have his email? looking for a long lost friend of mine named Gina who used to do the book keeping for Jellys?

Mahalo for the help,

PEE WEE

Comment

Radio Free Hawaii Rewind. - a stream
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                        Very cool! Now if only my cell network didn't disable streaming media...

Comment

We used to do an Olelo show called "junk" when Radio Free was alive. Kathy with a K, Sean Speedy, Franchon, Pinky and some of the others were involved from the start. I'm slowly putting the videos I have left on youtube so people can see them again and re-live / remember some of the fun that surrounded the station. search for radio free when you are on youtube and check it out. Have fun. btw.... we all miss Sherrif Norm, I know I love hearing his voice again on the oldies show!!!!

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, I was 'e-cycling' some old electronics, including a Sony cassette deck. In it, I found a tape labeled "Misc. Radio Free." I was worried that I'd recorded over it with something else, but my friend (and fellow Mililani High School grad) Jason Taglianetti was able to digitize the contents.

So, if you feel like taking a trip down memory lane, here are some sounds of 1995:

An original song written to celebrate the return of the station:
                            https://soundcloud.com/hawaii/radio-...d-juslyn-royos

Commercials aired that summer, including ads for Ala Moana Center, Mahalo Airlines, and The Jungle nightclub:
                            https://soundcloud.com/hawaii/radio-free-hawaii-ads

One of the fun traditions of RFH, a song nominated for the "sledgehammer," banning it from the station forever:
                            https://soundcloud.com/hawaii/radio-...i-sledgehammer

If you just want to sit back and listen to both sides of the tape (sadly with the songs themselves edited out), here you go:

http://www.mixcloud.com/hawaii/radio...r-1995-side-1/

http://www.mixcloud.com/hawaii/radio...r-1995-side-2/

Comment

Working...
                            X