Stupid bumperstickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid bumperstickers

I seen some dandy bumperstickers and window decals but the one I saw today took the cake so far. It said something like "My kid beat up your honor roll kid at school"... sheesh.

Re: Stupid bumperstickers

I've been seeing this one a lot:

We don't care how it's
    done on the Mainland

But I think I've come up with the best one:

Divers do it deeper but
    Japanese eat it RAW!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Heh heh heh. That one's been around for a while, and it's not hard to see why. All those "Proud Parent of an Honor Student at _______ School" bumper stickers can get mighty annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
        I seen some dandy bumperstickers and window decals but the one I saw today took the cake so far. It said something like "My kid beat up your honor roll kid at school"... sheesh.

Someone should come up with a rebuttal bumper sticker for that one that says:

But my kid will be
        your kid's boss someday!

Comment

I bristle at those "Honor Student" bumper stickers, too, but those drivers got a little more empathy out of me after I had kids. Though it hasn't happened yet, I imagine those bumper stickers are like ugly ties on Father's Day. When your kid hands it to you, smiling broadly, the only right choice is to display it with pride.

"Slow Down, This Ain't The Mainland" is a favorite of mine, and one I've wished I'd had now and then when I'm tooling along at a cool 55 in the right lane, thank you, and some moron still feels like zooming up and riding my ass when there are six other perfectly servicable lanes they could be in.

If we're going to pick on bad bumper stickers, can we add magnetic ribbons, too? Talk about a relatively decent idea gone horribly, horribly wrong. I want one of those parody magnets that say, "God Bless the Magnetic Ribbon Industry."

Comment

You know somewhere down the line, those magnetic ribbons will need to be recycled.

I wonder how one recycles magnets like that?

Comment

I don't think students automatically get those stickers if they make honor roll at their school. I suspect that parents have to actively seek those stickers out from whoever is selling them. My kids were honor roll students at their schools but they never brought home one of those stickers the whole time they were there. But I saw 'em on cars in my neighborhood for sure. So pzarquon, you won't have to grin that cheesy delighted-dad grin and stick one on your car... unless you really want to.

Comment

I saw a "Save the Earth" bumper sticker on an old Toyota Tercel but the soot from the exhaust pipe on that car covered the "th" so it read, "Save the Ear". Yeah do us a favor quit driving that car so you can save our senses!

Comment

The one I had to think about the first time was "Envision Whirled Peas." The fad I'm currently seeing is the "memorials" on rear windows.

In Loving Memory of
                  Harvey Fershlugginer
                  1981 - 2003

If too-dark tint is a hazard, why isn't that?

(Yes, I'm bitter about tint. I once failed an inspection on my dad's car and spent two hours scraping factory-installed film off, and every time I see someone with film so black I can't see the driver I get furious at my wasted time and at that oh-so-fussy inspector.)
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                    Someone should come up with a rebuttal bumper sticker for that one that says:

But my kid will be
                    your kid's boss someday!
                    Personally, I like the ones which say 'My cat/dog/parrot/gerbil is smarter than your honor student'.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                      I don't think students automatically get those stickers if they make honor roll at their school.
                      Depends on the school. One school I taught at sent them home with report cards.

Cezanne, don't get upset by a silly bumpersticker. It was only meant to be funny; the best stuff is the stuff that pokes fun at cliche, and those honor-roll stickers have become ridiculously cliche. One I find especially annoying is "Every child is a winner at _________!" Please.

I'm a Christian and have had fish-stickers on cars I've owned, but I thought the Darwin fish with feet was such a clever parody I immediately wanted one. The Christian response was typically un-clever; it was of another fish, labeled "The Truth," eating the Darwin fish. So, so lame.

Another really good parody is the rear-window strip-sticker, written in fancy script, that says, "Your College Sucks."
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        If we're going to pick on bad bumper stickers, can we add magnetic ribbons, too? Talk about a relatively decent idea gone horribly, horribly wrong. I want one of those parody magnets that say, "God Bless the Magnetic Ribbon Industry."
                        Alternatively, you could buy a totally biodegradable t-shirt that echoes the same sentiments.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                          The fad I'm currently seeing is the "memorials" on rear windows.

In Loving Memory of
                          Harvey Fershlugginer
                          1981 - 2003
                          At first I thought it was mainly for memorializing guys who died young (car crashes, drug ODs, fights, etc.) until I started doing the arithmetic and realized some of the dead people being memorialized were in their 50s and 60s. I wonder whether they would have wanted their names spread across Junior Boy's back windshield that way.

Comment

Eh Miulang...don't wear that biodegradable t-shirt on a rainy day

Someone should invent bumper stickers in "trim black" and "chrome" so we can use em to cover up lame bumper stickers and bring our bumpers back to factory finish!

Comment

Eh Craig: just use one razor blade scraper and some Goo Gone, and you can get em off just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X