X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid bumperstickers

Spread da Aloha
    on a car driven by a chick.

What I don't get are the window stickers that say "MAUI BUILT" Like, is there a vehicle factory on Maui that I don't know about?

And then there's the dedications on the back of cars and trucks, on the windows. Usually of kids who died in speeding wrecks, under the influence of one thing or another. I guess, if you just don't know the deceased, you can't really appreciate what good people they were.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
      Spread da Aloha
      on a car driven by a chick.
      careful there, lava!

What I don't get are the window stickers that say "MAUI BUILT" Like, is there a vehicle factory on Maui that I don't know about?

aaah c'mon! you know what that means.

I have a big ol honkin huge one (sticker i mean) that says Hawaiian Built with a profile of an Alii with a mahiole. the design is set against a big outrigger canoe paddle.

And then there's the dedications on the back of cars and trucks, on the windows. Usually of kids who died in speeding wrecks, under the influence of one thing or another.

I do despise those with a seething hate-passion usually reserved for child molesters and cat killers. IF I die in a wreck no matter the cause, PLEASE do not plaster my name and some cheap-ass sentiment and equally sappy flowery graphics on the back of yer vehicle so people on the freeway can say; "get da hell outta my lane...uh... who da phuk was kimo55!?"

oh, and that reminds me of its warped evil deformed cousin, the roadside memorial.
      I have seen blacks and ku klux klan members dropping their differences to join in unison and concerted effort against these evil scenarios...
      http://www.tikitv.com/wotda.jpg

Last edited by kimo55; June 30, 2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I saw 2 good ones on one car...
        1) EVE WAS FRAMED!
        2) MY GODDESS GAVE BIRTH TO YOUR GOD
        Have to admit they both made me laugh!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Or my favorite: "TRD" on Toyota pickups.

Do you really want to advertise that you drive a TRD? What marketing brainiac thought of this? Yeah, I know, "Toyota Racing Development," but ... it says TRD!

Haaaa!

Comment

Kimo: Dude, that photo was off the hook. Almost spit my drink all over the monitor. The scattered beer bottles were a nice touch. I always thought it was absurd that people always bring beers to those roadside memorials where kids went up in flames because they were all liquored up and got behind the wheel.

Those "In loving memory of" window affairs are pretty lame. I'd hate to be trivialized (I mean memorialized) like that.

As for TRD, in addition to the 'trd' factor, alot of times they (whoever 'they' are) got those plastered on crap stock Corollas. Now that's a real race car there.

Comment

What's dangerous about these modified ricers is that they lower their cars by cutting springs and using low profile tires with a narrow footprint.

When you cut your springs you only reduce the suspension's ability to work by a factor of that much cut percentage. Cut your springs 20% of it's original height, reduce it's effectiveness by at least that much.

When you put low profile tires on narrow rims you think you got high performance. However you need a bit of sidewall flex to let you know when your tire is about to break from traction when rounding that mean left bank turn on the Airport offramp Ewa bound on the H-1 freeway. With no sidewall flexing you think your car is glued to the road when suddenly the tires break with no indication and you slam your rice cooker into the embankment at 90-mph.

Today's low profile tires on these cars are 185-mm across not like true sports cars with at least 225 or more of tread laterally across the width of the tire.

Sorry to get OT but this one really gets me when tire retailers sell low profile tires that are narrow to keep the ratios down to kids who haven't a clue as to performance and safety.

As I tell all would be Earnhardts: If you want a sports car buy one that was designed from the ground up, not some econobox all ghettoed out to look like a performance car.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Think of it as evolution in action.

Comment

somewhat OT but this is one off a back window

Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Now that's clever.

Comment

Originally posted by dick
                      I always thought it was absurd that people always bring beers to those roadside memorials where kids went up in flames because they were all liquored up and got behind the wheel.

"One fer me, and one fer mah homie."

I see them on the tv news, lamenting the death of their friend, as they forlornly sit drinking (and toasting their dearly departed) on the roadside next to a pile of cheap crap erected to memorialize a life cut short by a stupid act. Such an ironic scene.
                      So what do we all learn from this?
                      It's the new sentimental funeral ceremony; If (but most likely, when) a loved one, family member, some one who you feel sorry for, or some one you feel guilty for killing, dies beside a roadway: memorialize them by putting up some cheap plastic flowers, metal balloons, stuffed bears and toys, beer, soda, various kaukau and 2 boards nailed perpendicularly together. I will do my part by coming along and laughing at how horrible it must have been to not only die slowly on the side of the road but to have some crap thrown in a drainage ditch as an honor to their life (although, ironically, I bet that's the perfect metaphor for that life). Next, I will tromp through that beautifully tacky, ad-hoc memorial, put on a shit-eating grin and have my picture taken as I wave like a tourist on a white-trash safari.
                      Last edited by kimo55; July 1, 2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                        Or my favorite: "TRD" on Toyota pickups.

Do you really want to advertise that you drive a TRD? What marketing brainiac thought of this? Yeah, I know, "Toyota Racing Development," but ... it says TRD!

Haaaa!

There's a chick in our neighborhood and her plate said TRD GRL
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Today's sightings:

"No Panties Allowed" A red sticker on the rear window of a black Chevy pickup with heavily (illegally) tinted windows, but enough to see that it was being driven by a chick. Maybe there was also one that said "No self-esteme inside."

"Cum to your daddy" on a white F150 truck.

Maybe these people are single? These are worse than bar pick-up lines from the 80s!!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

ok, since whe're ranting:
                            was behind a convertible miata whose plate read topls42 and the plateframe read; I'd rather be topless.
                            ok, then Drop yer top! perfect day for it.,
                            Like the bumper stickers that say: I'd rather be sailing.
                            ok, then GO sailing. When I get da hankerin, I do it. I don't force my shopping list on the captive freeway audience.

Or how bout the bumper sticker that reads:
                            I love my wive.
                            (or - I heart my wife)
                            Ok, well and good. But that should be a given.
                            that should be the norm rather than ; "hey. looka me. I wuv my hunnybunny. isn't that spay shull?"
                            ok so; Does this mean, you didn't love your wive before putting that bumber sticker on yer auto?
                            Are you afraid of the possibility others may think you don't care about your wife?
                            Did your wife make you slap that on yer beater?
                            Last edited by kimo55; July 1, 2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

"No Panties Allowed" A red sticker on the rear window of a black Chevy pickup with heavily (illegally) tinted windows, but enough to see that it was being driven by a chick.
                              Just remember, on trucks it is perfectly legal to black out all the windows except for those on the driver and passenger doors and the windshield. You can go as dark as you want with the extended cab and rear window.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                                ok, since whe're ranting:
                                was behind a convertible miata whose plate read topls42 and the plateframe read; I'd rather be topless.
                                ok, then Drop yer top! perfect day for it.,
                                Hahahaha! Was it a wahine who was behind the wheel of that Miata? That license plate begs the following questions: 1) were there 41 other "toplsxx" license plate owners in Honolulu and 2) if that car had the only license plate like that, and if the "42" part of it was meant to indicate the owner's age, and the owner was a wahine, would she really want to be topless at 42? Unless there was some bodily enhancement, gravity usually takes care of perkiness in your 30s

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X