No announcement yet.

Video game addicts in the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there any video game addicts in the house?

warioware was too ADD for me. nintendogs might be cute. its basically a tamagochi but with wireless to meet other players. i hear animal crossing is popular.
    i traded in my ds for a psp, which suits me better.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I used to love GTA on PS2, but that has since taken a back seat to World of Warcraft.

Comment

i played wow for awhile. i got stuck in ungoro and got distracted by other games.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Animal Crossing Wild World is a fine game but after awhile you really need to start making use of the WiFi gameplay or else...well, it'll get boring fast. More or less like the original Animal Crossing except you could use the universal codes for everything instead of having to connect online to travel through gates for item trades with friends only, etc. And I haven't seen my poor Nintendog chiahuahua for months now...thing must be starving >.<
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
            Hmm hmm hmm puzzle...Let's see...

Bust-a-Move DS or Tetris DS are decent classics that you could waste time with. You could get one of the Sudoku games that's out for the DS, too if you like that. If you like pinball you could try Metroid Prime Pinball, although I dunno if the whole Metroid aspect will be fun for you. And Warioware: Touched! is full of lots of crazy acid trip like puzzle mini games. Perhaps you could try out Cooking Mama. It's supposed to be a cute little kitchen themed game from what I understand. Trauma Center: Under the Knife is a great puzzley medical game but I never see it anymore, argh.
            I saw WarioWare and came close to buying it but was unsure I may have to go pick it up today. I wish they had more word games. I get bored with playing Scrabble for the 3000 time. I do like Pinball too. I hadn't intended to get the DS it was a surprise so I'll have to see what they have. Thanks BTW
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Re: Video game addicts in the house?

If you got a DS and like puzzles I think Brain Train is actually pretty good.

WarioWare is good but can get weird at times but it offers alot of little puzzle games.

But I bet by now you already have both those games huh?
              As long as my Wasabeefu Chips, my Tonkotsu Ramen, and my Chocoflakes stocks are good and I live less than 10 miles away from an L&L's all is right in the world. Yes Utah has an L&L's actually they have 2 now.

But I'm all out of Chocoflakes so I'm only 3/4's fine the last 1/4 of my life you can find me in a fetal position rocking back and forth trying and possibly failing to do College Algebra....Sad but true..

Comment

I have Brain Age...and like it but it gets old. My Brain in trained I guess!! I haven't seen Brain Train..I wish they has a Scrabble specifically for the DS.
                I tried to find Wario but they were out in 3 stores so I said screw that!
                I did get Sudoku but now I have 2 of them and I like them but you can only play so much,

Comment

I'm a big sports game addict. I defy anyone to beat me at Madden 07 on a XBox 360. Am also pretty good at NBA Live, MLB 2K6, pretty much any sports game.

My buddy tried to get me into WOW and Elder Scrolls, etc, but it just wasn't my thing. I'm also fairly decent at Halo 2, for what that's worth. Prolly nothing.

I was thinking of giving Silent Hill a shot, having heard from some that it's the only game that's ever genuinely scared them while playing it. I think it was recently made into a movie. I may check out Metroid, too.

Comment

I just watched Silent Hill. very good. Didn't know it was a video game until right now.

Comment

Yeah the movie is loosely based on the first game's storyline/setting, and has very heavy design elements from the second game (and Pyramid Head is straight out of the second game as well, although his use is much different).

The Silent Hill series is great. You play that stuff at night, in the dark...even the very first game with it's PS1-era graphics...you will be one very anxious person. The game makes excellent use of warped, disturbing (but not necessarily gory) images to freak you out, and it also makes excellent use of sound...walking through a pitch black hallway with just a flashlight, and you hear footsteps other than your own and the white noise on your portable radio goes haywire...you KNOW you've got trouble. The combination is enough to keep you on edge the whole game while the story unfolds. The game is more about the psychological scare than the "BOO! ahaha I popped out of this door and freaked out you, didn't I?" scare.

The first 2 games, to me, were the best. SH3 is a direct sequel to the first game and it's a fairly good game, but it could stand to be better. The second game has a new cast and new setting within the town of Silent Hill, but it's also a great game, a lot of people pick this one as their favorite. The 4th game was not even supposed to be in the SH series but they shoved it in at the last minute and made a somewhat convoluted connection to the rest of the series, but it was still an okay game.

Definitely a series worth checking out. The only thing is that the story is not so cut and dry all the time. I mean it's not so vague that you won't be able to enjoy it, there is just a LOT of symbolism that make fully understand how and why certain things happen not so obvious. But there are lots of well done analyses on the internet.

As for Metroid, well I just plain freaking LOVE the Metroid series. Samus Aran, probably my favorite female video game character ever. Excellent side-scroller platforming series as far as main series goes. The Metroid Prime series like a mix of FPS and platforming adventuring, with a bigger emphasis on exploration than "kill all of this stuff before you can move on." I still play Super Metroid for SNES to this day, trying to speed run it. I haven't quite reached the 100% item collection record time of 55 minutes, but someday I plan to.

Comment

So the PS3 came out today on the mainland (not here, though). Anyone pre-order one online and wanna give a review? Looks like they already sold out: PS3

I'm more a XBox guy, and $500-$600 for a gaming console is just nutz.

Originally posted by kupomog View Post
                        As for Metroid, well I just plain freaking LOVE the Metroid series. Samus Aran, probably my favorite female video game character ever. Excellent side-scroller platforming series as far as main series goes. The Metroid Prime series like a mix of FPS and platforming adventuring, with a bigger emphasis on exploration than "kill all of this stuff before you can move on." I still play Super Metroid for SNES to this day, trying to speed run it. I haven't quite reached the 100% item collection record time of 55 minutes, but someday I plan to.
                        I went to get Metroid based off your rec, but forgot that it's not available on XBox. Bummer. So instead I got NBA Live 07 and Dead or Alive 4. Both look pretty fun, so I'm looking forward to playing them when I'm pau with class. I was also thinking I would relive my childhood days and try to find Street Fighter, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Comment

gamestop says the ps3 comes out nov17th...
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                            gamestop says the ps3 comes out nov17th...
                            Hmm. You're right. I wonder why my cousin told me it came out today? Maybe I misunderstood what he was telling me.

Anyways, thanks for the correction.

Comment

PS3 pre-orders started recently, and I think they just started today in Canada. Also today, EB Games/Gamestop/Software Etc. in US/Canada started pre-orders for the Nintendo Wii, all of which are sure to be filled up by now for both Wii and PS3. I'm waiting for the PS3 to drop in price before I bother with it. There are a lot of games that I wanna play on the PS3, but it's simply too expensive. I'm going to try to get a Wii on launch day/online, though.

Marco, you could probably get Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting on XBLA for now if you don't already have it. The difficulty is fairly ridiculous, though... I have a decent enough strategy worked with Chun Li (one that doesn't involve spamming the Lightning Kick) but it's still hard even on the lowest difficulty setting. I wanna get one of the SF anniversary collections, but for PS2 since I'm more used to the controller set ups there.

Oh yeah, and blueyecicle, if you like card games and board games (and other classic variety games) you could try out Clubhouse Games for the DS. It's got stuff like Solitaire, Darts, Billiards, Backgammon, Hanafuda, Hangman, and a lot of other card/board games. A lot of them go by different names though ("Last Card" is really Uno).

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog View Post
                                Marco, you could probably get Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting on XBLA for now if you don't already have it. The difficulty is fairly ridiculous, though... I have a decent enough strategy worked with Chun Li (one that doesn't involve spamming the Lightning Kick) but it's still hard even on the lowest difficulty setting. I wanna get one of the SF anniversary collections, but for PS2 since I'm more used to the controller set ups there.
                                Yeah, I played SF2 Hyper at my buddies, and was so junk at it. I figured it was because I was rusty having not played it in a while, but maybe it is just that difficult.

Anyways, I prolly won't buy SF. I don't wanna lay down $40-50 just to relive some memories I had when I was 9. I'm plenny happy with Dead or Alive 4. It's a pretty badass 3D fighting game, even though I completely suck at it right now.

I won't be buying the PS3 when it comes out, and may not at all. It seems overhyped and overrated to me, but I guess I'll wait till it comes out before I start going off on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X