Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video game addicts in the house?

This topic is close enough...

Any Need for speed players out there? Are you getting the latest edition? (NFS: Carbon). I'm getting it tomorrow.

(and atleast I keep it in the computer, and not on the streets - plus I'd kill my car)
    Last edited by adrian; October 31, 2006, 08:48 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      I'm more a XBox guy, and $500-$600 for a gaming console is just nutz.
      Back in the late 80's early 90's, they had a game system called the Neo Geo that had games for 200 dollars and systems for 600 dollars. But having one was like owning your own "arcade game". It was only for rich kids, though :P

As for me, I like the occasional video game. I'm a fan of the "Dragon Quest" series, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        Back in the late 80's early 90's, they had a game system called the Neo Geo that had games for 200 dollars and systems for 600 dollars. But having one was like owning your own "arcade game". It was only for rich kids, though :P
        Well, that's a little before my time. I was born in 1985, so don't really remember games and consoles until the mid 90's at least.

Wasn't sure where to post this, so here's as good a place as any: anyone planning to go to the Sony 2007 Expo at the Ala Moana Hotel tomorrow? I might be coming into town with my keikis and check it out. $600 is still nutz for a console, imo, but it should be fun to at least check out. If anyone else here is planning to go, gimme a holla. I'm dying to see what this Blu-Ray stuff has to offer.
        Last edited by Marco; November 3, 2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I would so love to go to that just to see it in action. Lord knows it'll probably be packed, though. Pretty much no chance of me getting down there, especially not by myself. Parents are not fans of short notice :x
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I may be the only fan but I really do love my DS I just wish there were more game options.
            I may have to switch the the psp just for that reason alone
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
              I may be the only fan but I really do love my DS I just wish there were more game options.
              I may have to switch the the psp just for that reason alone
              I heard good things about Rocket Slime, check reviews

Comment

I love my DS. I have never felt the need to get a PSP. Even with the Metal Gear and GTA games on the PSP, I just have so much more fun with my DS. I have very, very little interest in the PSP as of now, although I do love my PS2 a great deal. And the DS is getting a lot of games that I personally love to play (platformers, RPGs, etc.), so I don't think I'll ever feel bored with it.

I've just picked up Clubhouse Games for the DS, too. Love it. Soooooo much time spent just playing all these classic games. Other than that, I've been investing my time in Final Fantasy XII on the PS2, mucho fun.

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog View Post
                  I would so love to go to that just to see it in action. Lord knows it'll probably be packed, though. Pretty much no chance of me getting down there, especially not by myself. Parents are not fans of short notice :x
                  Bummer you missed it, kupo. I could've given you a ride if wanted one. That is, if you wouldn't have minded sitting in the back of a truck with a bunch of loud keikis and my dogs!

I gotta admit, I was impressed. I've kind of been down on Sony lately, but it looked seriously badass. Even my wife, who thinks video games are for pathetic losers (ah, what does she know!), was impressed. Of course, almost any console looks 1000 times better on a 60" flat panel . I may have to rethink getting one or not. Maybe I'll take a look at the Wii, too. Anyways, it's shot up to the top of my Xmas list, that's fer sure.

I'm kinda pissed at my Xbox 360 right nows, too. I had to rebuy Madden 07 cuz the console says the disc is damaged. wtf? It has like one minor scratch on it! I wasn't pleased. Especially since I lost all my franchises and points I had accumulated and basically have to start over again.

Comment

Hehe, that's nice of you. Going to see the PS3, I probably would've rode with Jason Voorhees if I had to!

To hear that you were impressed makes me happy, though. I've been wanting to hear some good news for Sony, everything has been pretty negative but this makes me happy. I haven't given up on them but everyone else seems to have so it's kind of sad. I would hardly call myself a Sony fangirl, but a lot of my favorite game franchises go to Sony so I wouldn't want stuff to fail there and all.

I think Gamestops are also setting up Wii kiosks with Excite Truck demos. You have to turn in your car keys or license to get the Wiimote to play, makes sense, though. Anyone could just walk off with the Wiimote otherwise. I hope to get a chance to play one soon.

Sucks about Madden, though I remember I lost 120 hours of play on one of my RPG games because my memory card messed up. I lost a lot of other files too but that one was the most irritating loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                      I'm kinda pissed at my Xbox 360 right nows, too. I had to rebuy Madden 07 cuz the console says the disc is damaged. wtf? It has like one minor scratch on it! I wasn't pleased. Especially since I lost all my franchises and points I had accumulated and basically have to start over again.
                      did you try a disc repairer? and how does buying another copy of the gmae make you lose your franchises? are the maddens cd-key now?
                      some manufacturers used to trade in damaged discs, i dont think they do anymore, but maybe you could pursue it for a backup?
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I've just picked up Clubhouse Games for the DS, too. Love it. Soooooo much time spent just playing all these classic games. Other than that, I've been investing my time in Final Fantasy XII on the PS2, mucho fun.
                        You know I looked at ClubHouse games several times and passed it by..I may go pick it up today!. I am a puzzle game freak. So I love the soduko and Brain Age games I have but not so much the Princess game hubby bought me. I'll get the clubhouse, I love card games. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

To hear that you were impressed makes me happy, though. I've been wanting to hear some good news for Sony, everything has been pretty negative but this makes me happy. I haven't given up on them but everyone else seems to have so it's kind of sad. I would hardly call myself a Sony fangirl, but a lot of my favorite game franchises go to Sony so I wouldn't want stuff to fail there and all.
                          Yeah, I admit I was one of the people that was so down on Sony. It just seemed like they were overhyping, overpricing and outright lying sometimes. But it looks great. You would've fallen over yourself Sony fangirl gushing if you had made it to the convention yesterday!

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                          did you try a disc repairer? and how does buying another copy of the gmae make you lose your franchises? are the maddens cd-key now? some manufacturers used to trade in damaged discs, i dont think they do anymore, but maybe you could pursue it for a backup?
                          OK, that's kinda a lot of questions. I'll try to answer them all.

did you try a disc repairer?
                          Nope, didn't even know they had those. Thanks for the tip though, I'll see if I can get one. Madden isn't the only game that it's complaining about being corrupted. It's saying the same for my NBA Live game, as well.

and how does buying another copy of the gmae make you lose your franchises? are the maddens cd-key now?
                          Uh, I dunno. When I put in the new game, none of my old franchises showed up, so I just assumed they were lost. Is there something I'm supposed to do to get my old stats to show up? I'm not very technology-savvy, so don't know what a "madden cd-key" is either.

some manufacturers used to trade in damaged discs, i dont think they do anymore, but maybe you could pursue it for a backup?
                          Yeah, I asked Gamestop if I could trade it in, but I didn't save the original receipt, so there wasn't much they could do about it. They're usually really cool, though, and would've let me get a new one for free if I had had the receipt. Damn my lazy ways!

-----

Random story:
                          I got so huhu playing my cuz in Madden today that I threw my wireless controller out the window, and it ended up hitting my little cousin in the eye! We had to take her to ER. Damn, I felt such shame and like a total tool, which I obviously am. I swear, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been truly angry in my entire life, and playing video games counts for all but one of them. I think I need help. Help me

Comment

I know a few of you are dabbling in World of Warcraft (dick, scrivener... it's always the folks who already don't have enough hours in the day!). Well, if you're new to WoW or are curious, Lauren H. (formerly of Metroblogging Hawaii) will be giving a public talk on the game and other MMOGs (like Second Life) today at HPU. Yes, really.

It's from 12 noon to 1 p.m. in HPU FC 112. FC is the annex to the 1132 Bishop Street Building (mauka side, I think), and you enter it from the Fort St. Mall side. Bring your lunch!

It's part of the new "Techspotting" series of talks, sponsored by HPU and Hawaiian Telcom and coordinated in part by our own Quark (of Bytemarks fame). I did one last month for exactly four people, but I hope Lauren will have a better turnout!

Comment

So, I picked up ClubHouse Games at Christmas time. I LOVE it, it has so many games I don't get bored. It is right up my alley!
                              I am addicted already and can't stop woth Koi - Koi. I don't even know how to play but amd slowly learning.

My husband keeps stealing it too. He likes the bowling and darts.
                              We are going to buy a second one because he keep taking it and putting it in his DS. Thanks for the Recommendation!

Comment

I had a 360 before, but lost it when my store closed. A great friend gave me his 360 and a stack of games for xmas.
                                I've been playing Gears of War, a great fps game.

Its funny, I bought my wife Uno, I went online to play it against people and everyones got live vision cameras. I kept getting booted from games where there were 3 guys with cameras, apparently they only want people with cameras in games. What does this say about online gaming communities that they not neccessarily want girl gamers, but just a face, any face in a game like Uno? I can understand the usefulness in a game like poker, but uno?
                                Eventually I found a game where the host did not have a camera. The other players had cameras, which was a teenage girl named 'potsmoker69' or something who didnt want to talk into her mic, but would listen to the conversation and a thoroughly drunk 15 year old. The Jagermeister imbibing teen related a story about xbox vision cameras and olos he saw early that day...
                                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                                X