Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Aloha,

I went to the State Capitol to lobby for another Bill. However, I could not stay silent when the following Bill came up. As I was sitting in the front, I heard Director Chad Taniguchi speak as he has so many times in the past. The problems existed way before he became Director. Some things have been fixed. As I gave my testimony to the Senators, I spoke from my heart as I always do. Investigate Public Housing! Listen to the people. I lived without hot water for thirty days. Some lived without for years. I keep getting calls of residents who live in apartments with rodents. They live in fear. Afraid of reporting. Year after year, Fetu and I went before our Legislature. We testified and learned about the process. One of our Bills made it and became Law. Yes. I will not stay silent any longer.

I'm in Support of this Bill. We need a Special Master.

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna

25. SB734.DOC SB734 Status
    Context: SB734.DOC Report Title: Hawaii Public Housing Authority; Special Master; Appropriation � Description: plan to assist the Hawaii public housing authority in resolving the health and safety violations at public ... housing projects statewide; appropriates funds from the public housing revolving fund. relating to the hawaii public housing authority. � �
    http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/site1/...2085&Next=Next

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio...lls/SB734_.pdf

Note: I moved out of MWH in Oct 2008. I am an Advocate for the Homeless and Public Housing Residents.
    Last edited by 1stwahine; February 6, 2009, 12:37 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

YAY AUNTIE!! Thank goodness for people like you!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        YAY AUNTIE!! Thank goodness for people like you!
        Mahalo turtlegirl.

In other news.

Securitas USA expands in Hawaii
        http://www.starbulletin.com/business...ss_Briefs.html

"Securitas Security Services USA Inc. said yesterday that it has bought the Hawaiian commercial assets of Akal Security Inc. in a transaction scheduled to close on February 20. The acquisition will include more than 30 locations and 300 security officers.

Akal's pacific region director, Lee Donohue, will be joining Securitas USA in the capacity of director of security for Hawaii.

Securitas USA employs more than 2,400 workers in Hawaii, with 11 branch managers, overseeing four offices on Oahu, Maui and Kauai, and two offices on the Big Island."

We were told the other day. All of us have to re-apply with Securitas. I really enjoyed my job. I gained knowledge, met wonderful people and lost weight. I can run and walk up and down the stairs without holding a rail with ease. I am fit now. I am sad for my fellow workers. Nothing is guaranteed. I am sad to hear of the Star Bulletin too. I have friends who lost their jobs there. It is a scary time for all.

Good night and God bless Everyone.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          We were told the other day. All of us have to re-apply with Securitas. I really enjoyed my job. I gained knowledge, met wonderful people and lost weight. I can run and walk up and down the stairs without holding a rail with ease. I am fit now. I am sad for my fellow workers. Nothing is guaranteed. I am sad to hear of the Star Bulletin too. I have friends who lost their jobs there. It is a scary time for all.
          Good luck to you. Hopefully, you will a have job and your new employer will be nice to everyone.

At my company, the security guards had it rough when Centurion closed a few years ago. Not only did their last paychecks bounce, but the management taking over (Ali'i) lied to and screwed over their new employees. It was not a good start.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            Good luck to you. Hopefully, you will a have job and your new employer will be nice to everyone.
            I received a call from Securitas at 9:00 p.m.

I am re-hired as long as I submit my papers by Feb. 12th. I will be going to their office tomorrow morning on Waikamilo Road. I report for duty as scheduled tomorrow.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I am re-hired as long as I submit my papers by Feb. 12th. I will be going to their office tomorrow morning on Waikamilo Road. I report for duty as scheduled tomorrow.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
              YAY!!! congrats aunty!!!
              stay forever young

Comment

. I really enjoyed my job. I gained knowledge, met wonderful people and lost weight. I can run and walk up and down the stairs without holding a rail with ease. I am fit now.
                I'm happy for you Auntie Lynn. I remember awhile ago when you were unhappy about losing a job, but as it worked out, you've instead landed in a place were you enjoy your work, and they value what you do.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Congrats Lynn!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                    YAY!!! congrats aunty!!!
                    Originally posted by Amati View Post
                    I'm happy for you Auntie Lynn. I remember awhile ago when you were unhappy about losing a job, but as it worked out, you've instead landed in a place were you enjoy your work, and they value what you do.
                    Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
                    Congrats Lynn!
                    Everything happens foa a reason.

Yes. I truly am very HAPPY. My job is in the heart of Waikiki. I get to walk 3.5 acres of Queen Emma's Estate. Making shua everything is secured and safe for it's vendors and visitors. The Hula Show is fabulous and I get to see and know the performers of the streets too. It's exciting to work in beautiful Waikiki. Of course there is the ugliness side too. I've been trained by the best to handle all kinds of situations. No whack whacking when it comes to reality.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Are you working at the International Marketplace? If so, that's great. There's always a need there for vigilant and conscientious guards there. Good luck in your new assignment.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        Are you working at the International Marketplace? If so, that's great. There's always a need there for vigilant and conscientious guards there. Good luck in your new assignment.
                        heheheh

Yes I am.

Queen Emma Property owns International Market Place and Waikiki Town Center on Kuhio Avenue. I'm the Rover. I'm always observing. I've also learned to call for back-up and not handle situations by myself. We work as a team.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

heheheh

Yes I am.

Queen Emma Property owns International Market Place and Waikiki Town Center on Kuhio Avenue. I'm the Rover. I'm always observing. I've also learned to call for back-up and not handle situations by myself. We work as a team.

Auntie Lynn
                          You are a STAR I adore that area and go (when I can afford to get there). I have lots of friends there and take up work in that locality,,,, so at least I am kept informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            You are a STAR I adore that area and go (when I can afford to get there). I have lots of friends there and take up work in that locality,,,, so at least I am kept informed.
                            I ain't no STAR!

I'm Auntie Lynn aka 1stwahine aka Auntie Pupule

Next time you come, we'll get together Barry.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

K-den. Three pants, shirts, belt, badge and thingys to put on top of the shoulder area of the shirt. Look like red/black cloth bars. All dat is needed is alteration of da pants. And den I'm good to go.

Still working for AKAL till 20th.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hey Auntie... Thanks for being you, eh.
                                Wish you a very lucky year and soon your posts shall reach 8,888! Mega lucky.
                                Lookin' good.
                                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X