Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Da Slippahs arrived this afternoon!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Last night, MWH celebrated our 3rd Annual Slippah party. It started at 2:00 p.m.

Roxanne from Hawai'i Food Bank donated ten palettes of various lettuce, sodas, candies, etc.

Major Rod McCabe and his crew delivered ukapila clothes, furniture, toys and so much more.

P.K. and I gave away boxes and boxes of vegetables.

The clothes were neatly folded and put into a pile for the evening.

Everyone started to arrive early. By 6:00 p.m. the whole area was loaded with residents. Sharon arrived with the KauKau Wagon Crew. Chili, Rice, Hot Dogs, Shave Ice and Chips enough for all.

We raffled boxes of Shmoozy's and other gifts for the adults. Each woman was given a bouquet of flowers.

Justin, Ligaya, and her friend Brittney from Seattle were in charge of the Slippahs. They did an excellent job making shua the children were given the proper size and each child had one.

Pictures of MWH:

Major Rob McCabe delivered four truckloads of gifts!

Clothes.

More pictures at http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=1269

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn and The Slippah Ohana!

Comment

Auntie, words can't begin to describe how proud we all are of what you've accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Mahalo nui loa to you and your helpers Blaine, PK, Sharon and the others!
        God bless you.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Wow, Auntie...you wen done it again!
          CONGRATULATIONS!

Shoots, why did I think last Christmas was the first annual party?! Am I having an attack of 'tutu brain'?

Comment

Mahalo LikaNui and Tutusue for being part of the Slippah Ohana! I never dreamed it would become this Big.heheheh To see and hear the laughter and appreciation from everyone is awesome!

Yes. Wishes and Dreams come true; you just gotta Believe!

Delivery To The Leeward Coast!
            http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=1270

We arrived at 6:15 a.m. The break of "Dawn" and also the lady's name. She wasn't there. In fact, nobody was there who was going to deliver presents. My daughter, Ligaya said "Mom, we'd better leave. We don't know this area."

I looked at her, smiled then said "We are going to do what we came out here to do and that is deliver the Slippahs/Gifts to the Homeless Children of the Leeward Coast!"

Dean and Malissa arrived with the Flatbed truck. Malissa also brought lots of clothes and toys too.

Skeeter arrived with her friend whom became our driver. OMG! I forgot her name.

We were going to be ok. P.K. was raised and graduated from Waianae High School! Skeeter was the reason we were there. More than anything else, God was with us. I could feel his presence.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              [...]
              Shoots, why did I think last Christmas was the first annual party?! Am I having an attack of 'tutu brain'?
              Yesireeeeee...Tutu brain is in full gear! December 06 is but a blur for me after the Thanksgiving death of a friend. So, yah! Now I remember...Christmas 05 was the first slippah wish project. Duuuuuuuh!!!!

Dang...time sure flies!

Comment

Just...just...wow.

Wow.

So much in only three years.

Wow.

Wai maka time...'scuse me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Just...just...wow.

Wow.

So much in only three years.

Wow.

Wai maka time...'scuse me.
                  heheheh...

Mahalo Leo Lakio and Beautiful AF!!

Looking forward to Slippah Project 2008!! Another Housing Project or two to be added on...until all Public Housing and Homeless Keiki of Hawai'i nei have Rubbah Slippah foa Christmas!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn and Da Slippah Ohana which you and AF are a part of!
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; December 23, 2007, 04:04 PM.

Comment

More pictures and story on Skeet's Stuff!
                    http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/2...-accomplished/

Keiki Slippah Wish Project - Mission Accomplished!

"Oh, what a day we had! There are a lot of reasons that I hope Saturday stays fresh in my memory for a long, long time. I got very discouraged about the problems of the homeless in Waianae some time back. Saturday reminded me why I care, and why it’s important to ignore the political ugliness, look beyond the smoke and mirrors and do something. Saturday was about people and about community. My community - Waianae!"

Comment

For the past month, my hale and front yard has become a meeting place for MWH'S Bike Youth. They come to talk story and fix their broken bikes. They ask to borrow our ranch and tools. P.K. tries his best to assist them.

MWH does not have a playground. I'd rather have them here having FuN and keeping busy than getting into trouble. If you would like to share any knowledge about bicycles to these youths, please contact me.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

HPHA Board of Directors
                        http://www.hcdch.state.hi.us/general...ninfomenu.html

I attended a meeting yesterday. It was for the HPHA Board of Directors to hear testimonies. It was recessed for next week where they will vote to either rescind their approval of the project or to leave it as is.

The majority of those in the room were against Transitional Housing in Puahala Housing. In fact, only two from NB 14 were for it. From NB 15, Chairperson Bernie Young, Co-Chairperson David Yaw, Board Members Ken Harding and Lynn Vasquez attended. One young woman who represented the youth of Puahala, put it well. "We weren't informed. We have a say to what goes on in our community."

Even our Elected Officials of the area are against, except one ~ Republican Corrine Ching. Senator Suzanne Chun-Oakland took time from her busy schedule and spoke against it.

Due Process wasn't done. The HPHA Board of Directors took it upon themselves and approved the Project without notifying the Neighborhood Boards, Various Boards, especially the Residents.

I am a Homeless Advocate. I am a Resident of Public Housing. My children and I have lived in a Transitional Housing, the now defunct Kokea Homeless Shelter for Women and Children. It was not managed by Public Housing.

Public Housing is PUBLIC HOUSING!

I have testified HPHA is not managing MWH right. Others have testified as well in front of our Legislators how their Projects are badly run. Rules and Regulations are not being followed. Living in fear is common. And they have the nerve to approve a new Project which they have no experience in?

This is not funny.

Those who apply for Public Housing know the wait. This Transitional Housing is not a permanent one. It is temporary...two years. After two years, where do they expect to make another project? MWH?

They are not solving the problem.

I am also angered at those who testified "negatively" against TRANSITIONAL PEOPLE! My children and I are products of a TRANSITIONAL HOME! I didn't testify because I am torn.

The most powerful testimony was the last. A woman who works in Applications for HPHA. She read it with passion yet kindness...in essence, she told The HPHA Board of Directors what they did was FRAUD!!

This all wouldn't have occurred if only The HPHA Board of Directors did what they were Appointed to do.

"For the PEOPLE!"

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; February 16, 2008, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I went to a Weed and Seed Walk yesterday. Residents from various communities participated.

Hosting the walk was David H.A. Soares of Kukui Gardens.
                          Sgt. Santos was in charge. Also present were Officer Anderson, Officer Mata, and Sgt. John of the Weed and Seed Detail and his staff.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            Anyway, the pit bull/bulldog was thinking the same thing about Auntie Lynn's elevators too. Auntie, if you want to start a new thread on the problem, I'm sure several of us pit bulls here would like to try to help. I know this one would.
                            You are so kind LikaNui. However, at this point and time nothing can be done. We are at the mercy of the elevator repair company. According to Rep. Joey Manahan's Aide who spoke last night at our Kalihi-Palama Neighborhood Board Meeting.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              However, at this point and time nothing can be done. We are at the mercy of the elevator repair company.
                              That just seems like something that calls to be shaken up, doesn't it? Is it because public housing work has to be done by the lowest possible bid? No one's health and safety should be "at the mercy" of some company.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                That just seems like something that calls to be shaken up, doesn't it? Is it because public housing work has to be done by the lowest possible bid? No one's health and safety should be "at the mercy" of some company.
                                The Kalihi-Palama Neighborhood Board feels the same way. Questions were asked and will be answered at our next meeting in April.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X