Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Last night, Residents were given a flyer:

Attention All Mayor Wrights Residents

GET INFORMED
    & GET INVOLVED!

Housing Authority plans
    to renovate the buildings...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The meeting is at 6:00 p.m. at the Community Hall.

I expect it to be very crowded.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

In stead of starting a new thread, I'll post here that Honolulu is one dirty town. Maybe all others are worse, and ours is hidden to a degree with the abundant natural beauties, but I ride bike and bus, and you really notice how filthy everything is along the roads. Bus stops are scummy, as are the many free news stands, gravel and dirt in the gutters, and general ick seemingly everywhere, not to mention the increasing stench of #s 1 & 2 becoming more prevelant wherever you go. Those who cruise in their ACed cars may not notice it as much, but I sure do.
      I guess it's OK with most folks as there certainly are more important things in our daily lives, but it makes for an even harder day to stay positive when you get bombarded with it constantly.
      You'd think that someone in seats of power would care more about the tourist side of it, not just keeping Waikiki clean, because you know they won't care for the general citizens that deal with it daily.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Ron,

Thats why we have Neighborhood Boards. The Public is our eyes and ears. We need to have you come to our meetings and make the reports. Take an active part.
        Oahu Neighborhood Boards Website:
        http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/nco/boards.htm

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna

Comment

Thanks for the link, Lynn! Enjoyed reading the North Shore Neighborhood Board minutes; I'm kinda disappointed that the area covered by the NS board area is so large! (Everybody from Wahiawa north! So BIG!)

Keeping you in my prayers....

Comment

You're very welcome cyleet99!!

K-den. As expected, the meeting was packed. In attendance, Rep. Karl Rhoads who has always been supportive and interested in the welfare of the MWH residents. Director of Public Housing, Chad Taniguchi and members of his Staff, Major of HPD Kalihi Unit, The owner of Alii Security, and Joanna Chaves, Manager of MWH. And a few others with titles. I neba take notes...all from head.

Anyways. What it all breaks down to: Changes.

You no pay rent, abide by rules, etc...you get EVICTED.

Excellent RULES.

Get the bad ones out.

The rent is another story.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Again Aunty Lynn I respect and commend you deeply with all your efforts...............but you can only do so much.

I agree....parts of downtown honolulu needs a wax and a pressure wash.

What is frustrating!!!

The high political officials both on the city and state level spend so much of their wasted energy on sinking state and federal programs. They spend so much of our wasted tax dollars stomping over sinking projects. My personal opinion: when an individual reaches that level of power; the quality of their image over clouds the quality of their judgments. I honestly believe there are those who serve with a purpose and there are those who serve with reasons.

It is great knowing that there are honest politicians like you out there who values the opinions of the public and actually follow through with it.

However, there are those in public who are after reasons and not purpose as well.

Rail Transit System? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard!!!!! If they want system. Ctrl + Alt + Delete...............

I've said enough.
              stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                My personal opinion: when an individual reaches that level of power; the quality of their image over clouds the quality of their judgments. I honestly believe there are those who serve with a purpose and there are those who serve with reasons.

It is great knowing that there are honest politicians like you out there who values the opinions of the public and actually follow through with it.

However, there are those in public who are after reasons and not purpose as well.
                Aloha Seeking Penance,

I am who I am because of the God I believe in.

It's not about "ME" it's about "WE!"

In fact, I'm having a very hard time making a fund raiser due to the hard economic times we are in. I can't bring myself to asking others to donate to my campaign. Slippah Project foa the Keiki, no problemo. heheheh It's ok...God moved mountains. Grass roots campaigning, my signs, word of mouth, internet, etc.

I am a advocate for the hungry and homeless. I am a Public Servant. My record speaks for itself. I love my Community, State and Country.

I hate Crooked Politicians.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hey Lynn!! Saw your pretty face and your BIG sign on the news just now...Jumping up and down and running to the computer to give you

BIG HUGS AND MUCH ALOHA!!

Love ya! Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                    Hey Lynn!! Saw your pretty face and your BIG sign on the news just now...Jumping up and down and running to the computer to give you

BIG HUGS AND MUCH ALOHA!!

Love ya! Cindy
                    heheheh

My Bumbucha Sign got everybody's attention!

I had FuN.

Mahalo,

Lynn

Comment

saw you on this morning's news, too. i really wasn't paying too much attention, but knew right away that the lovely lady was auntie. i think the story had to do with catholic charities and lanakila? sorry, we were up all night with mom--she had a terrible allergic reaction to a medication. thought we were going to lose her, but she is recovering, albeit slowly.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      reflect, repent and reboot.
                      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                        sorry, we were up all night with mom--she had a terrible allergic reaction to a medication. thought we were going to lose her, but she is recovering, albeit slowly.
                        Taking care of our loved ones, no matter what age is hard work. We are driven only by love and the grace of God. You and mama are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

ah, auntie! thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to think of and pray for us! your signature says it best, "i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." GOD bless you and your family (how's your mom doing?) and good luck with your campaign!
                          "chaos reigns within.
                          order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                            ah, auntie! thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to think of and pray for us! your signature says it best, "i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
                            Aloha! Kani-lehua,

I'm never busy for my HT Ohana.

I always think of you both for I personally know what is.

When I read your posts, often times I cry.
                            I think about the days and nights taking care of my late husband.
                            Also, during the rough times of my MAMA.

We are the mighty ones. The ones who can endure anything...because of Christ.

For we are Christians.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

• Can this be expanded?

Been seeing these guys around Waikiki www.waikikibid.org/improvementapo.htm but of course no where else that is equaly in need of such, and am curious if any neighborhood board members have heard about this and if it's been discussed towards being Honolulu wide?

Here's more of a rundown on the particulars. Seems they get $ from the Visitor Aloha Society, Hawaii Tourism Authority, the hotel industry, restaurants, and 'others'. Along with special assistance from some pretty lofty offices, like the City Prosecutor's. Other than the obvious, why would they not focus outside of Waikiki as well? It's not like it's not needed.
                              www.midweek.com/content/columns/brt_article/waikikis_aloha_ambassadors/

We have the odd # of Community Patrol-ers, that is rarely spotted in the evenings around Chinatown (I guess elsewhere as well), Guardian Angels from NY (which are even scarcer), but they are so few and far between and thus maybe not that effective. We need an increase in the WAA type.
                              Last edited by Ron Whitfield; August 10, 2008, 05:07 PM.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: Can this be expanded?

auntie, please check your private messages. i replied to your post there.

mahalo for your kind words.
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                                X