Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

In The Advertiser http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...0356/1010/NEWS

Sting uproots dealers in Kalihi

By Peter Boylan

"Responding to a rash of community complaints about drug dealing near an elementary school on 'Akepo Lane in Kalihi, Honolulu police arrested 11 people, including five convicted felons, on federal and state drug charges this week.

A four-month undercover drug sting culminated in the arrests Tuesday and Wednesday by District 5 crime reduction unit officers."

Born and raised in the area...I've seen them come and go. Just like Chinatown, HPD have to be consistent! The problem is gone for a little while...they will be back. In fact, they were back. Pua Lane is across the street and very active with the same kind of Drug Dealings which was going on at Akepo.

Auntie Lynn
    Da Undacova BLOGGA!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

On March 19th, I testified along with two others for a Resolution to have The MWH Tenant Association Board audited. It passed. We were waiting for it to go to another committee to be heard and passed for funds. I received a call this morning from Patrick of Rep. Karl Rhoads's office. The Resolution has taken a Bigger Step...instead of an Audit for The MWH Tenant Association Board, it now includes the Hawaii State Public Housing Authority Management and ALL Tenant Association Boards!

From only a few PUA and Unafraid Residents of Mayor Wright Housing...we were MIGHTY!

We testify again tomorrow!

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS GRAND!! God Bless AMERICA!

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; April 4, 2007, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I was hanging clothes. I noticed plenty people going in and out of the MWH Office! Being Ms. Niele, I wen go look too.

Upon opening the front door, I see Al Jacobs giving out checks.

I asked him what was going on.

"Eh, next week is MWH! Today is Kahuamanu!" Al told me.

"What foa?" I replied.

"Da overpayment on electric bills from a certain period....come back Monday!" He answered.

I went home still confused.

My neighbor called me outta my Hale.

A woman from Kahuamanu Homes just came see her and showed her a check of $900.00!!!!!

WOW!!! All Housing Residents who lived in the Projects from a certain period will be getting a hefty CHECK!

Me too!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

K-den...I'm almost ready. I look spiffy.heheheh

Now if only I can remember not to SWEAR I'll be fine.

Imua Mayor Wright Housing and ALL Residents Of Hawai'i Public Housing!!!

No SCARED Anymoa!

Auntie Lynn
          Da Undacova Blogga
          Last edited by 1stwahine; April 5, 2007, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I just got back! HCR 51 HD 1: Relating to an Audit of HPHA and Tenant Associations should have brought ukipila people and representatives from HPHA. But it didn't. The only ones who were there to give testimonies were Fetu, the President of Kuhio Park Terrace and me in support. Once again there were many written testimonies submitted by residents of MWH.

This is not a game. This is Serious.

I am waiting for Patrick of Rep. Karl Rhoads's office to call me of the results.

btw: I met a fellow HT'er. Dang! So handsome! Look like one MODEL! heheheh

Update: 3:48 p.m. HCR 51 HD 1: Relating to an Audit of HPHA and Tenant Associations ~ PASSED!!!!!

Yeeeeehaaaaa!!!

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; April 5, 2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

In The Honolulu Advertiser http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...04060376/1001/
              "But some worry the trend won't last.

"It's a bomb ready to explode," said Lynn Vasquez, who has lived in Kalihi all her life.

The active community leader and Mayor Wright public housing resident said she worries about tensions between different ethnic groups, tensions that are bubbling in Kalihi and show no signs of dissipating.

They only appear to be getting worse, she said.

Vasquez said fights between gangs of youth from different ethnic groups are a common occurrence just outside her housing complex — so much so that she and other Mayor Wright residents helped introduce a measure that calls for more security guards at the project.

The bill is moving through the state Legislature.

Though Vasquez says she is optimistic about the city's revitalization project, she also has concerns about whether it will work as planned.

Is it possible, she asked, for the diverse resident and business populations of Kalihi — the immigrant and low-income populations, newer, middle-class arrivals and the business owners along North King Street, Nimitz and Dillingham highways — to come together?"

"Since February, city officials have been meeting with Kalihi community and business groups about revitalization. The meetings will culminate in an economic development summit this month at Farrington High School."
              I don't get invited to things like dis...why? Cause I tell it like it is. And they don't like to hear it.

Auntie Lynn :-*
              Last edited by 1stwahine; April 6, 2007, 06:24 AM.

Comment

The line started from 6:30 a.m. Residents eagerly waiting patiently to receive whatever check management had for them. A Utility Allowance Reimbursement due from Smith vs. HCDCH settlement May 1, 2002 to August 31, 2004 (74.7% of entitlement).

However, not ALL Residents knew.

There were only two notices posted. One on the Bulletin Board located near the Main Office. The other by the Guard Shack. Both places where hardly no one reads. It wasn't announced at the MWH Tenant Association Meeting either. How did residents know? By word of mouth. I told others. And they told others as well. Word spreads faster when it comes to money.

And so the line was long. Still not as long as it should have been. They will be giving out checks till Friday. Then they will mail out the rest to those who didn't come. According to Mr. Wendal Chu, Manager of the Housing Projects, not all residents will receive reimbursements. Many will go towards payment due of back rent.

I also told those in line that whatever they receive MUST be reported to their welfare and food stamp workers! It is considered INCOME! The looks I got could have killed me if they were bullets...but I was serious. And so I called the Welfare Office and let them know of the Reimbursement which HCDCH is giving to ALL Residents.

It's always betta to be HONEST!

Auntie Lynn
                Da Undacova Blogga
                Reporting Live from MWH

BTW: I'll be at the State Capitol again tomorrow. It's a habit now.heheheh

Wendel Chu looks on to a Disabled Resident who had to stand in line like everybody else.
                Last edited by 1stwahine; April 10, 2007, 11:05 AM.

Comment

That is just plain mean - he should have/could have gotten that lady a chair. She looks like she is in pain!!!
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I like how he looks like hes just standing there, hands in pockets with his big opu
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

• Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                      I like how he looks like hes just standing there, hands in pockets with his big opu
                      Probably woulda had his hands in someone else's pockets, if Lynn hadn't been taking pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                        Better view:

He did get chairs for the disabled to sit on after I complained he was violating Federal Laws and I was going to call the The Disability Hot Line. The line is still long.

Auntie Lynn
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; April 10, 2007, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          He did get chairs for the disabled to sit on after I complained he was violating Federal Laws and I was going to call the The Disability Hot Line.
                          APPLAUSE!!! Well done, Auntie Lynn (as usual)!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            APPLAUSE!!! Well done, Auntie Lynn (as usual)!

I no scared. I giff um! When Wendel sees me a coming he actually hides.heheheh He shakes his head, and tells me "now wat?"

Today, was no different. He asked me when I was moving out of MWH!hahaha

I told him soon. When everything is taken care of and the community comes together as one....then I can go.

Auntie Lynn

Update: It's raining. They still standing. $$$$ das why!heheheh
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; April 10, 2007, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Once again Patrick Clemente, Former President of the Mayor Wright Tenant Association Board, Fetu and I went in front of Chair Magaoay, Vice Chair Tokioka and Committee Members to testify in strong support for HCR 103 HD 103 1: Relating to an Audit of Mayor Wright Homes Tenant Association.

Once again we told the TRUTH!

Patrick's testimony sealed it. "When I left office, there was eight thousand dollars. In eight months there was less than three hundred dollars that is not accountable. As a Resident, I want to know where the money went. I fully support an Audit and hope you pass this Resolution!"

As we walked out ~ the Committee reminded us about the Resolution they passed last week. They told us today is to specify on what needs to be done at MWH!

Auntie Lynn

btw: An Auditor came up to us as we left the room and asked us for our names and phone numbers.heheheh
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; April 11, 2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

4/11/2007 H The committees on LMG recommend that the measure be PASSED, UNAMENDED. The votes were as follows: 4 Ayes: Magaoay, Tokioka, B. Oshiro, Finnegan; Ayes with reservations: none; 0 Noes: none; and 1 Excused: Karamatsu.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X