Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

If you work in the Downtown Area, you have seen a Homeless person by the Fort Street Mall Area near Ross with a lot of suitcases? Ukapila suitcases. I mean UKAPILA SUIT CASES!!!

District 13 Neighborhood Board Meeting on July 5, 2007

" Concern was expressed about a homeless person on Ft. Street Mall near the Ross store who had a lot of belongings arranged on the Mall. Major Macadangdang reported he is back on duty at the Honolulu District, having temporarily been assigned to the Waikiki District. He noted that the department works with social service agencies to deal with homeless persons, noting that if the persons are not doing anything illegal, there is no action they can take, as is the case with this person. Chair Smyth reported that the Downtown Business Improvement District has resolved this situation by addressing storage of the person’s belongings, the person will then move from the mall."

Ok...who going pay foa the storage after the initial payment? And where is the person going? Will the person comply cause the person has been there for years.

*There are plans to rename Chinatown Gateway Park to Dr. Sun Yat Sen Memorial Park and install a statue.
    I'd like to see a Statue dealing with the Hungry and the Homeless! A hand extending TO hand ~ Hope, Love and ALOHA!

Yeah, KauKau Wagon uses that Park every Saturday. So does the Church on the last Saturday of every month. We don't get paid. We go there because we Love what we do.

How do you get Park named for the People? It is a cause dat is staring in our faces daily!

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 27, 2007, 06:23 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

"Adopt-A-Block/Weed and Seed Community Care" Sponsored by The Weed And Seed Program and City and County of Honolulu. Das where I was this morning, doing my share for my community.

Moomoo leg neba stop me.hehehe I wobbled in heels. I not shame. "Shame is wen you STEAL!"

Only easy to use a trash can. Some people's children too lazy to use um.

SAD.

It starts in the home. Make it a habit.

Opala is OPALA.

Do your share.

Be AKAMAI ~ Kokua Hawai`i!

Representative Karl Rhoads, NB 15 Member Auntie Pupule and Councilman Romy Cachola!

Comment

Representative Karl Rhoads, NB 15 Member Auntie Pupule and Councilman Romy Cachola!

Did Councilmember Cachola actually work or did he show up just for the photo op?

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post

Did Councilmember Cachola actually work or did he show up just for the photo op?

He worked. One of his workers asked me if I knew him. I laughed and told her I knew him many years before he went into Politics. As he was sitting down, I approached him. I said "Crispy Lechon!" Romy blurted out "Conrado!" We know each other over thirty years.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

He worked. One of his workers asked me if I knew him. I laughed and told her I knew him many years before he went into Politics. As he was sitting down, I approached him. I said "Crispy Lechon!" Romy blurted out "Conrado!" We know each other over thirty years.

Auntie Lynn
            Save this picture Aunty. Seeing Romy do something productive is like catching a glimpse of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster.... a "once in a lifetime" visual

Comment

Das where I was this morning, doing my share for my community. Moomoo leg neba stop me.
              Aunty Lynn, you are truly an inspiration!!! You never cease to amaze me with your community involvement and the amount of time you spending helping others, even when you have your own health issues.
              I don't know you... we've never met... but I'm soooooo proud of you!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Aunty Lynn, you are truly an inspiration!!! You never cease to amaze me with your community involvement and the amount of time you spending helping others, even when you have your own health issues.
                I don't know you... we've never met... but I'm soooooo proud of you!!!
                Awwww...das nuttin. I love doing what I do. After I came home, I rested and den I went to KauKau Wagon at 1:15 p.m. heheheh There's new Volunteers from Hickim AFB so I get to rest and not serve. I go around sharing Love and ALOHA. Plus, make Sharon laugh as well as everybody else.

I'll be launching my Third Annual Christmas Slippah Wish Project soon. The President for Kamehameha Housing Tenant Association asked me if I had extra slippahs to give to the children at Kam. I told her I going get um. It is my hope to include a new housing project every year.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

It's dat time of year again! Can you believe it, this will be our 3rd Annual MWH Slippah Wish Project! I was asked by the President of Kamehameha Homes, Zara Lee, if get extra slippahs foa da kids at her project. I told her I going get um. Den word got around to the President Ka'ahumanu Housing, David Yaw. You guessed it, I told um, to get me the number of children.

Hopefully, next year, we can include KPT and den the next year Kam IV and so forth until all the keikis from Public Housing going have Rubbah Slippahs foa Christmas!

And it all started from my Christmas Wish!

Star Bulletin Christmas Day Front Page!
                  http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/25/news/story01.html

Pictures of last year's celebration!
                  http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=906

Happy Holidays 2007

Mahalo!

Donations: zztype@alohatown.com
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; October 20, 2007, 07:39 AM.

Comment

WTG, Tita! Mary Vorsino did a good job this morning explaining what's going on with the hot water at MWH. You're right: you and the other residents of MWH don't deserve to be treated like second class citizens. Now let's see how fast they get those faulty solar panels replaced so you and your neighbors can get your hot water back.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

heheheh

Mahalo Tita Miulang!

UPDATE!!!!

October 24, 2007 11:00 a.m.

Representative Karl Rhoads called me. Panels are being sent and will be fixed in two weeks!

Mahalo EVERYBODY who cared and HELPED!

Auntie Lynn

As foa our Christmas Slippah Project, we now have ChipIn!

This is actually a link to a page with the "real" widget on it, from which you will be able to click to donate.

or zztype@alohatown.com

Mahalo

Comment

On November 7, 10:00 a.m., there will be a joint Senate/House informational briefing to address various issues related to public housing.

"The public and legislature will be updated about progress being made to renovate vacant public housing units and the status of repair and maintenance projects for all public housing projects across the State of Hawaii will be provided by the HPHA. There will also be discussion by Public Housing Tenant Associations about concerns they have at the housing project where they reside."

Come one, Come ALL!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I'm ready to represent my Community this morning.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

It's Happening!

Slippahs have been ordered.

Donors Christmas Slippah Wish 2007

Donna of Champuru.net, Pooge, Kalei, Dennis Morioka, Mike Lowery, LikaNui, Maria (Sassy), Leo Lakio and Lovely AF Lori, TutuSue, Jade Moon, The Hobbs a.k.a. Blueyecicle, Evelyn from HomeSpun Honolulu, Marisa Shreve, Doris Roberts, Anita B. King, Leah Ledward, Corrin, Christine Wetzold, Ted and Soos, Rodney Choy, Roxanne, Shane, Lurkah, Patti Inada, Rep. Karl Rhoads and wife Cindy, Elizabeth Turley, Beau, Quijana Byrd, Mary & Avon District Manager, Leon & Claire Dodson, AbsoluteChaos, Karen Moser, Charles & Helen Khim, James, Kathleen Cooper and Margaret Calfee!

Anita King (Skeeter) of Waianae matched her Readers in Donations!

Sharon Black and The KauKau Wagon Crew.

Mahalo!!!

Auntie Lynn and Blaine
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; November 29, 2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Sharon Black and The KauKau Wagon Crew.
                              No kidding? One grass-roots, real people-level, getting-something-done-without-too-much-bureaucracy-crap group helps out another --- that's the chapter I want to read in The Great, Grand Book Of The History Of Humans after we are all extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                No kidding? One grass-roots, real people-level, getting-something-done-without-too-much-bureaucracy-crap group helps out another --- that's the chapter I want to read in The Great, Grand Book Of The History Of Humans after we are all extinct.
                                People helping People. Our goal is the same ~ HOPE!

Pictures from last year's celebration.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X