• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ice Cream

Daaang poi cocktail, I want that!!
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

There is a new ice cream store at the Ala Moana Food Court and a Ben & Jerry's ice cream store at Ward Center.

Comment

I see Cold Stone's mentioned a few times! Their ice cream is nuthin' but a big, ol' party in the mouth! That's the only place I ever doggy-bagged ice cream! In addition to what I ate at the store I also got 3 more desserts out of it! My friend and I had no idea what we were in store for when we ordered!

A true ice cream story! My dad knew a man who seriously disliked kids. One halloween he made the outside of his home very welcoming and when trick or treaters opened their bags (at that time it was only paper bags) in anticipation of receiving candy, the guy would drop a full scoop of ice cream into each bag. The children were thrilled and went on their merry way, knocking on doors for a couple of more hours! Yep...you guessed it! At some point along the way, the ice cream would melt, the bag would break and all the candy would fall to the ground!

Comment

Haagen-Das "Dulce con Leche" - a very rich vanilla with swirls of caramel. Used to find it only in Mexican food stores in So. Calif. but now you can buy it anywhere.

2nd favorite is straight coffee ice cream - no sauce, no nothing - just the ice cream, in a cup.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

My favorite ice cream flavor is coconut! Richardson's Diary is where we get the best tasting ice cream! I love coconut ice cream in frappes and shakes too!
            Lovena

Comment

Black cherry vanilla or Bear Foot Brownie.

Comment

Do they have Italian style Gelatto in Hawai'i?

I don't recall ever trying to look for it when I lived there. It's become my favorite kind of ice cream since going to Italy some time ago. Coconut is good flavor, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
                  Do they have Italian style Gelatto in Hawai'i?

I don't recall ever trying to look for it when I lived there. It's become my favorite kind of ice cream since going to Italy some time ago. Coconut is good flavor, too.

yes they do..there is small shop called La Gelateria by the Meadow Gold Milk plant.

not necessarily in any order but my favorite flavors are

Ube (purple sweet potato) ice cream

Cookies and Cream

Jamocha almond fudge

and tha vanilla thingie with praline swirls.

oh and mochi ice cream that my daughter just made me try yesterday!

and i love ice cream cones sometimes ill just eat that without the ice cream.

Comment

Not my favorite, but certainly a pleasurable memory --- Lime sorbet with crushed black peppercorns, from Bubbies.

My all-time favorite was a former Baskin-Robbins concoction called Red, White & Blueberry - vanilla ice cream, blueberry swirled throughout, plus hard cherry candies.

Now, ice cream is something I have maybe once a month, and I usually have something that involves peanut butter (such as having it mixed in at Cold Stone, which is just around the corner from my office, or as simple as a Butterfinger Blizzard from Dairy Queen), though mint is another flavor I like.

Rainbow Sherbet is another long-time favorite, as are Grape Ice, Lime Sherbet, Oregon Blackberry, Raspberry Cheesecake...better stop here, before the drool zaps my keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
                      [...]Jamocha almond fudge[...]
                      YES!!! That brings back great kid time memories of treks to Wil Wright's Ice Cream Parlor in Newport Beach. Jamocha almond fudge was my absolute fave.

Comment

My fav' is the classic Nestle DRUMSTICK.

Conveniently ready to serve with all the good stuff built right in: Sugar cone, creamy vanilla ice cream, caramel center and chocolate coating with nuts. Nuff said.

Sometimes we opt for Safeway's generic Lucerne version of the Drumstick, which is just as good at a much cheaper price.

I wish Costco would bring in the same bulk-size DRUMSTICK variety pack like they have at Sam's. That's a good deal. Hawaii Kai Costco's ice cream selection SUCKS.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Mmmm... this is a tasty thread! I enjoy teh Mac Nut Ice cream, Ben & Jerry's, and I must gets Bubbies!!!

Comment

That new ice cream store at the Ala Moana Food Court is called Marble Slab Creamery. It's a franchise type of place (napkins even had a phone number and a URL if you wanted to start one) that seems to be another alternative to Stone Cold Creamery, prices are slightly higher, the staff doesn't feel the need to sing while working but the counter person making my dessert did pile a lot of chocolate chips into my 7 ounce cup.

They even had a Slab Club card. Buy 5 ice cream get your 6th free. However the fine print in the back says you get a stamp for each purchase. So if you buy 3 cups as one purchase does it count for 1 stamp or 3 stamps?

Comment

The Marble Slab Creamery at Ala Moana Food Court closed up a few months ago. A Cinnabon is in the space now.

Comment

oh, i love ice cream! My faves from Cold Stone are: Chocolate Devotion, Peanut Butter Cup Perfection, and Germanchokolatekake!

I love choclate ice cream with lots of stuff in it - love brownie pieces and nuts (mac nuts, walnuts, pecans - whatever)... in the freezer right now we have Dreyer's Grand Double Fudge Brownie. I will usually scoop out the ice cream and then add stuff to it like Hershey's chocolate syrup and nuts.

At Cold Stone, I get the kiddie size, too, PZ, not because I couldn't finish it, but because I shouldn't finish it all!
                                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X