Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

So where do you like to go to eat a hamburger when the mood
    strikes you? For this poll going to stick with the fast food places. I don't know if Dairy Queen still sells hamburgers or not and I don't know the status of MOS Burgers so that's why I have the "other" choice. This will allow multiple choices so if you are torn between 2 or more places, this will allow it.
    Burger King
    20.00%
    Jack-in-the-Box
    20.00%
    McDonalds
    15.00%
    Wendy's
    25.00%
    Other national or international chain
    15.00%
    None of the above
    5.00%

Re: hamburger poll #1 - non-local based fast food places

All those places are fine with me, but Jack-in-the-Box is where I go most often. Wendy's is next, but a bit far from me. There are three McDonald's and a Burger King nearer to me than JitB, though.
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Ya know, i have been a semi vegetanarian for sooo long, last time i had a hamburger, was at carl's hawaii kai. about one month ago. Just fer ol time's sake, had to have one.
      also cuz we wuz haulin lava rock. beeg bumboocha boulder kine.
      So; whachoo goin do to hando da kine?!
      Beer and heavy solid food! what else!?
      beeg mistake.
      I felt for da nex 5 hours, as if I swallowed a brick. da buggah slowed me down sooo much.

Nope. i will stay with healthy live raw food, some dairy and seafood.
      a taco and tamale now and then.
      But da mexican food is my only concession toward allegience to my carnivorous past.

Comment

Jack In The Box, mainly, just cuz it's the closest. But the Angus Steak burger at Burger King is probably the best one around.
        Funny you should ask, tho, cuz about 2 hours ago I had a burger (with avocado) at Bob's Big Boy. Not fast food, per se, but.
        Now I'm ready to help Kimo with those rocks!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Jacques... jumbo jack and two tacos for is my answer to a hamburger and fries.

Comment

Being that I'm from the birthplace of Wendy's (miss ya, Dave Thomas!), I'm all about Wendy's...however I don't eat beef anymore. Their non-beef stuff is great, though! I've never been to any of the Wendy's chains here, but I used to go regularly on the Mainland.

Jack n da box is next, simply because there's one right next to my house and there's still some novelty in it for me (I didn't grow up in areas with this chain).

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              Ya know, i have been a semi vegetanarian for sooo long, last time i had a hamburger, was at carl's hawaii kai. about one month ago. Just fer ol time's sake, had to have one.
              also cuz we wuz haulin lava rock. beeg bumboocha boulder kine.
              So; whachoo goin do to hando da kine?!
              Despite all that you've said here Kimo55, where the heck is Carl's in Hawaii Kai because I live out here and I'd go in a heartbeat to have a burger smothered in ortega chiles!

The burgers are great at Kua Aina Ward, but you get them with surly service. I used to love Ted's Diamond Head and when they came to Hawaii Kai, the burgers were so bad! I sent back a really raw burger because blood was all over the roll and lettuce and stuff and the staff refried it and put it back on the same roll! WHAT THE PHO? SO NOW I TELL EVERYONE WHO ASKS ME ABOUT TEDS in Hawaii Kai. SCREW THEM.
              Last edited by helen; June 10, 2005, 12:21 AM. Reason: fixing up loose tags
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I like all of these places, and I agree with the Angus-burger statement, but nothing really beat a Big Mac. If there were no consequences, I'd have one twice weekly.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I haven't had a Big Mac since 1999. It wasn't the taste that turns me off but the Big Mac is a messy burger to eat with shread lettuce in it. Same goes with the Big Whopper too.

However McDonalds Double Cheeseburger for a $1 is a good cheap eat and if you want lettuce, get the side salad for $1 too. Speaking of which for Wendy's for the combo meal you have a choice of fries, two kinds of salad or a baked potatoe.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                    I haven't had a Big Mac since 1999. It wasn't the taste that turns me off but the Big Mac is a messy burger to eat with shread lettuce in it.
                    I hear 'ya, and I hate, hate, hate, hate getting food on myself. When I order a large burger, I rebuild it, making sure that nothing messy is hanging out, even removing excess lettuce if necessary, and I take careful bites. If I can get one, I use a plastic knife to cut the burger in half, making it easier to take a neat bite.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                      WHAT THE PHO? SO NOW I TELL EVERYONE WHO ASKS ME ABOUT TEDS in Hawaii Kai. SCREW THEM.

oh yea. teds bigger burgers? that place with the prefab FAAAKKKEEE 50's synthetic retro look?
                      hate their stuff. BLLAANNNDDD city.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        oh yea. teds bigger burgers? that place with the prefab FAAAKKKEEE 50's synthetic retro look?
                        hate their stuff. BLLAANNNDDD city.
                        So Kimo...where is Carl's in Hawaii Kai? Been here 30 years and never saw one.

Comment

"Which national fast food chain is your favorite for hamburgers?"

if I MUST... absolutely must have a boiguh;

In-N-Out.

Comment

Originally posted by WWK888
                            So Kimo...where is Carl's in Hawaii Kai? Been here 30 years and never saw one

ok.
                            I give up;
                            where?

wait; is this a trick question?!

Comment

There is a Carls Jr at Kahala Mall maybe that is what he is thinking of. It used to be a Burger King I think.

There is also a Carls Jr. on Nimitz, near Sand Island.

I thought I heard there was one in Millilani or one planned in the future. I like it but think they are expensive and after I read the fat content of the guacamole burger I wonder if I should eat that again. I do have LOVE their Pastrami Burger!

I prefer Wendy's, hands down. I wish we had a Fuddruckers over here, you get to build your own burger. Also would love to have a WhatBurger as well, but they are only Southwest based.

Someone mentioned MOS Burger there is one in Waikiki still.

Teddy's Burgers left Monseratt recently and are now on Kapahulu by the zoo.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
                              X