Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hamburger poll #1 - non-local based fast food places

The key is to drink the entire case of beer first, then the "slyders" will actually taste more like food. That's how people in NY do it. That's why White Castle is open 24 hours. No person in their right mind would eat it without a strong alcohol inebriation (sp?)

Go to a White Castle at 3 am on a Friday or Saturday Night, and you are almost guaranteed to get into trouble, not to mention the trouble you get into AFTER eating the burgers.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
      Carl's JR!!!!!

I'll have a Double Western Bacon Cheese burger please! Actually, make that 3 dozen... frozen so i can eat them over a long period of time cause we don't have CJr here in PA
      Ehh KP...

I'm with you on da Carl's Jr. These burgers are da bomb! Flame broiled unlike Jack n the Crack, and Mickey D's, and they are rather plump in size. They are juicy,and they specialize on different types of burgers like the guacamole burger, jalapeno burger, 1/2 lb. burger, to name a few. My vote would be for the 100% Angus beef burger. If you should ever be near a Hardees in Pennsylvania and throughout the south and mid-west you can count on the similar style as Carl's Jr. as it is under the same ownership of CKE (Carl Karcher Enterprises).

Comment

I dont really eat fast food that much.. Im a health junkie when it comes to fast food lol... but when I do go to have some easy meals I usually go to Burger King

Comment

My fave is Fatburger, hands down...when I need a good quick fix and there's not Fatburger around, Burger King is my choice...their burgers taste like backyard bbq to me.

Thanx to Pomai and his Tasty Island Blog www.tastyisland.wordpress.com , I will be tracking down a Kiawe BBQ and trying thier burgers

http://tastyisland.wordpress.com/tag/korean/

Now THAT looks like a great burger.
          Last edited by tikiyaki; October 24, 2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Oh hands down...

In-N-Out Burger in California and Nevada.

Double Double extra cheese, fries animal style and a coke. Killa. If you have the chance to go to one while on the mainland, you'll end up wishing you never did because you have to travel to California or Vegas to have them.

Another bummer is that this is not a franchisee chain. They are actually family owned and started up before Ray Croc and McD's. They are still family owned 50 years later and the quality shows.

The best is seeing them put a potato into this slicer thing-a-ma-bob and watch them cook fresh real french fries. Ug I'm dying for one again.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
              Oh hands down...

In-N-Out Burger in California and Nevada.
              I don't know why people go gaga for this place. Just ok in my book.
              Fresh ? Absolutely, but their little thin patties cooked on a flat metal grill is just so "McDonalds" to me. I DO go there, cos the wahine loves it, but I have not turned her on to Fatburger yet.

To me,and I'm not alone on this (Pomai, feel free to chime in) you have to cook a burger over an open flame to maximize the flavor. The french fries are fresh, yes, but not as good as others I've had. But hey, what the hell do I know, they have mile long lines at every location.
              808, next time you're in the mainland, try to find a Fatburger, and get a KING Burger on the char....now THAT will put a smile on yer face.

http://www.fatburger.com/home/

Comment

Bigger and more ominous than the Krispy Kreme burger of HT thread fame:

The Killer Kamikaze Burger, at Lardee's.

I scoured the 'Net to try and grab a link to the video, but I guess you've gotta go through the iTunes rigamaroll, even to get it for free (which it is).

There's a link to the link, if you know what I mean, here:

http://freeitunessongs.blogspot.com/

Of course it's a parody, from Jay Leno's fake commercials. My daughter has it in her new video iPod -- which she bought with her very own, hard-earned money. Gosh, disposable income. What a concept!
                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                  808, next time you're in the mainland, try to find a Fatburger, and get a KING Burger on the char....now THAT will put a smile on yer face.
                  Faaaaaht Burrgher..... been there a few times, not sure why they don't appeal to me. I liked it but not where I have to keep going back. I suspect it's the fact that it's a franchise and the quality standards are probably not highly maintained as they are at In-n-Out. I guess everyone's tastebuds are different.

That being said, I have a local entry to add to the best burger poll. Bubba Burger in Kapaa. They have two locations on Kauai so I guess that would qualify them as a chain :-P Went there for lunch today. Awsome! Everything was fresh and the burger was made from local Kauai beef.

http://www.bubbaburger.com/menu.html

Comment

Re: Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

In 2007 the Formaggio chef is opening, along with a bistro, steak house, Formaggio grill, and a tex-mex place, a Kobe burger place. Wonder how it will rank among all these other burgers! Oh wait, oops--this is local burger. Sorry, wrong thread!

Comment

Sorry so late in the reply but....

I was going to pick Wendys, because of their thick shakes, then I remembered McDonalds Has their dollar menus!!. Oooh!!.

I like their dollar menus, especially when I just feel like having their Chocolate Sundeas or their fruit/yogurt parfaits, oooh Yummy!!.
                      Aches & Pains
                      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                        In 2007 the Formaggio chef is opening, along with a bistro, steak house, Formaggio grill, and a tex-mex place, a Kobe burger place. Wonder how it will rank among all these other burgers! Oh wait, oops--this is local burger. Sorry, wrong thread!
                        No matter... Kobe Burger place has got me interested...

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                          Faaaaaht Burrgher..... been there a few times, not sure why they don't appeal to me. I liked it but not where I have to keep going back. I suspect it's the fact that it's a franchise and the quality standards are probably not highly maintained as they are at In-n-Out. I guess everyone's tastebuds are different.

That being said, I have a local entry to add to the best burger poll. Bubba Burger in Kapaa. They have two locations on Kauai so I guess that would qualify them as a chain :-P Went there for lunch today. Awsome! Everything was fresh and the burger was made from local Kauai beef.

http://www.bubbaburger.com/menu.html
                          Really? Fatburgers are some of the cleanest burger places I've seen.
                          In n Out is sucha factory to me, but hey, like you said, all tastebuds are different, and I like the flame broiled taste.

Comment

Working...
                          X