Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hamburger poll #1 - non-local based fast food places

kimo, you wrote: Ya know, i have been a semi vegetanarian for sooo long, last time i had a hamburger, was at carl's hawaii kai. about one month ago...

wat? i no kan believe! so you no eat lau lau? kalua pig??? i going faint!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Weeeeeell...I have to admit I LOVE a big greasy cheeseburger. Sonic Drive-In (are there any Sonics in Hawai`i?) used to make the best sloppy burgers, but they "cleaned up" and cook a bit healthier now.

The best burgers, I've found, are from Wendy's. The bread is always fresh, the veggies are always fresh and crisp, and the meat is always well cooked. Only thing is, sometimes, they're a bit skimpy on the mayo.
      ~'Ailina

Comment

In-n-Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kalena32
          In-n-Out!!!
          Kimo and Kalena, let's all sing their theme song!
          "In-n-Out... In-n-Out... that's what a hamburger's all about..."
          Bet you won't get that song out of your head all day!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

No Sonics, no In-n-Out. There's a Carl's Jr. at the Pearlridge Uptown Food Court, too; it's the only fast food place I've ever seen which offered fried zucchini slices.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
              kimo, you wrote: Ya know, i have been a semi vegetanarian for sooo long, last time i had a hamburger, was at carl's hawaii kai. about one month ago...

wat? i no kan believe! so you no eat lau lau? kalua pig??? i going faint!

Kalua pig, yea. But that is mixed in with odda ono stuffs, and it's not a huge chunk like whatcha see in a burger, which is prepped in a much less caring fashion, and the meat in a corporate fastfood burger is the cheapest, oldest, most chemically infused piece of sh. .. naaah, ya don't wanna know how they make burgers for the fast food industry;
              Semi veg means I won't wolf down a big slab of bloody dead cow. I am happy to scarf down hawaiian plate lunch anytime. (one o da bes is at waihole poi factory) Or tamale or taco. Mex being anodda favorite.
              Semi veg means alotta seafood too.
              Last nite, was da ono est at Bluwater in Hawaii kai; Opah prepped cajun style, caesar salad, mashed potatoes (how DO they do it like that!?) and sauteed veggies. washed down with three well earned Chimays.
              http://www.greylodge.com/chimay.jpg
              I do appreciate how they present them; frosted chimay glass each time.
              http://www.monasterygreetings.com/pr...imay_glass.jpg
              surrounded by water and beautiful wahine... bluwater no ka oi.
              Last edited by kimo55; June 24, 2005, 09:43 AM.

Comment

kimo, i'm not a vegetarian but even so, i think most people will acknowledge that the typical american diet is wacked big time. funny how we know/suspect that a lot of what we eat is not good for us, but we still go ahead anyway. convenience is a big factor. and so is price.

a long time ago, i had an aunt who was a seventh day adventist and she used to make the most delicious meals! i was amazed.

can you whip out a short list of places that you like in town that serve healthy dishes?

tanks!
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

i miss In-n-Out when we were in vegas! dam das homecooking style burgers!! as if i madem!!

but gotta settle for jack's. da ultimate is our fave!

but i've been wanting to have a double whopper lately... hehehe
                  Reggie aka pinakboy
                  Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                  Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                  Recipe Tube TV!
                  Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
                    can you whip out a short list of places that you like in town that serve healthy dishes?
                    no

Comment

Sort of noticed that Jack-in-the-Box has raised the price of Jumbo Jacks from $1.29 to $1.99.

Comment

While visting my sissy one summer in LA, I had a cheeseburger from In & Out burger....best I ever had. Other than that...I love Wendy's.
                        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                          Sort of noticed that Jack-in-the-Box has raised the price of Jumbo Jacks from $1.29 to $1.99.
                          Yeah? Hmm, that probably means they raised the price of a Big Cheeseburger from $1.29 to $1.99 too.

Oh well, I knew it had to happen sooner or later. For me, the Big Cheeseburger with lettuce tomatoes pickles, mustard No mayo, for $1.29 was/is the absolute best deal in cheap cheap burgers anywhere.
                          Last edited by mapen; October 12, 2006, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                            Other than that...I love Wendy's.
                            So do alot of locals. I read in the newspaper that the Wendy's by the airport is in the Top 5 Busiest Wendy's in all of the USA!

Comment

Can you believe that a BIG town like Hilo has no Wendy's ? Kona has two, but ever since the Wendy's in Hilo closed when "Kaniala" owned most of them. They never returned.
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Darn I got foiled again by another multiple choice poll by answering the poll first before reading the first post. Somehow there should be a way to put the first post at the top and then the mulitiple choice poll after that. Now I can't go back to vote for the other 2 places I usually go... Jack in the Box and McD's. My first choice is Burger King. I like the Whopper. I have never been to a Wendy's since the firm started franchises in Hawaii again. The last time I ate at a Wendy's, Ronald Reagan was still president.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X