View Poll Results: Which national fast food chain is your favorite for hamburgers?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burger King

12 25.00%
  • Jack-in-the-Box

12 25.00%
  • McDonalds

9 18.75%
  • Wendy's

15 31.25%
  • Other national or international chain

9 18.75%
  • None of the above

3 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

Default Re: hamburger poll #1 - non-local based fast food places

Quote Originally Posted by 808shooter View Post
    Oh hands down...

In-N-Out Burger in California and Nevada.
    I don't know why people go gaga for this place. Just ok in my book.
    Fresh ? Absolutely, but their little thin patties cooked on a flat metal grill is just so "McDonalds" to me. I DO go there, cos the wahine loves it, but I have not turned her on to Fatburger yet.

To me,and I'm not alone on this (Pomai, feel free to chime in) you have to cook a burger over an open flame to maximize the flavor. The french fries are fresh, yes, but not as good as others I've had. But hey, what the hell do I know, they have mile long lines at every location.
    808, next time you're in the mainland, try to find a Fatburger, and get a KING Burger on the char....now THAT will put a smile on yer face.

http://www.fatburger.com/home/

Bigger and more ominous than the Krispy Kreme burger of HT thread fame:

The Killer Kamikaze Burger, at Lardee's.

I scoured the 'Net to try and grab a link to the video, but I guess you've gotta go through the iTunes rigamaroll, even to get it for free (which it is).

There's a link to the link, if you know what I mean, here:

http://freeitunessongs.blogspot.com/

Of course it's a parody, from Jay Leno's fake commercials. My daughter has it in her new video iPod -- which she bought with her very own, hard-earned money. Gosh, disposable income. What a concept!
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Quote Originally Posted by tikiyaki View Post
    808, next time you're in the mainland, try to find a Fatburger, and get a KING Burger on the char....now THAT will put a smile on yer face.
    Faaaaaht Burrgher..... been there a few times, not sure why they don't appeal to me. I liked it but not where I have to keep going back. I suspect it's the fact that it's a franchise and the quality standards are probably not highly maintained as they are at In-n-Out. I guess everyone's tastebuds are different.

That being said, I have a local entry to add to the best burger poll. Bubba Burger in Kapaa. They have two locations on Kauai so I guess that would qualify them as a chain :-P Went there for lunch today. Awsome! Everything was fresh and the burger was made from local Kauai beef.

http://www.bubbaburger.com/menu.html

Default Re: Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

In 2007 the Formaggio chef is opening, along with a bistro, steak house, Formaggio grill, and a tex-mex place, a Kobe burger place. Wonder how it will rank among all these other burgers! Oh wait, oops--this is local burger. Sorry, wrong thread!

Thumbs up Re: Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

Sorry so late in the reply but....

I was going to pick Wendys, because of their thick shakes, then I remembered McDonalds Has their dollar menus!!. Oooh!!.

I like their dollar menus, especially when I just feel like having their Chocolate Sundeas or their fruit/yogurt parfaits, oooh Yummy!!.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Default Re: Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
    In 2007 the Formaggio chef is opening, along with a bistro, steak house, Formaggio grill, and a tex-mex place, a Kobe burger place. Wonder how it will rank among all these other burgers! Oh wait, oops--this is local burger. Sorry, wrong thread!
    No matter... Kobe Burger place has got me interested...

Quote Originally Posted by 808shooter View Post
    Faaaaaht Burrgher..... been there a few times, not sure why they don't appeal to me. I liked it but not where I have to keep going back. I suspect it's the fact that it's a franchise and the quality standards are probably not highly maintained as they are at In-n-Out. I guess everyone's tastebuds are different.

That being said, I have a local entry to add to the best burger poll. Bubba Burger in Kapaa. They have two locations on Kauai so I guess that would qualify them as a chain :-P Went there for lunch today. Awsome! Everything was fresh and the burger was made from local Kauai beef.

http://www.bubbaburger.com/menu.html
    Really? Fatburgers are some of the cleanest burger places I've seen.
    In n Out is sucha factory to me, but hey, like you said, all tastebuds are different, and I like the flame broiled taste.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123