Any good local computer stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any good local computer stores?

Really cool online shop mightymonk.com located on oahu. fair prices free shipping .

Comment

Last nite my mobo or psu died and can't turn back on after da system locked up.

So it's been a while to Alliance Computers in Dillingham and Personal Touch near Compusa fo pc parts.

I checked Alliance website but look lame and Personal Touch site not working.
      Alliance from what I rememba had mail order prices on all deir stuff and friendly service.

U guys rememba da rude service from Byteware in Kalihi??!! lol

i rememba i get one item in my hand to pay at da cash register checkout and da salesguys jus ignore me!! lol
      Reggie aka pinakboy
      Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
      Raw Eats Veggie Videos
      Recipe Tube TV!
      Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

yeah i remember how those guys would make anykine if you look poor or too local. i would bring my friends that needed parts to there store. if the owner only knew how ron and his other dense buddies would make anykine too certain real customers

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
          Last nite my mobo or psu died and can't turn back on after da system locked up.

:
          Does it power up at all? Any beeps. If you're getting a sequence of beeps (preferrably even number of and not odd beeps) then try reseating your memory modules then reboot.

If absolutely nothing like even your CPU fan not running, then it's probably the power supply (PSU). I'm thinking its the PSU as they tend to go out sooner than later especially with this hot weather we've been having lately.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            Does it power up at all? Any beeps. If you're getting a sequence of beeps (preferrably even number of and not odd beeps) then try reseating your memory modules then reboot.

If absolutely nothing like even your CPU fan not running, then it's probably the power supply (PSU). I'm thinking its the PSU as they tend to go out sooner than later especially with this hot weather we've been having lately.
            da mobo was a oem micron and had been transplanted in a clone atx case due to previous probs with its soft switch.

found out with a psu tester bought from CompUSA dat it wasn't da psu at all. it was da mobo... so afta pleading wit my wife i bought a new mobo from Alliance. i bought a good quality shuttle for $99 and 1 gb or DDR ram for $139, a few tiny case fans and i was good to go.

pc running gud now. burn in for a week now. no errors with winxp pro sp2.

but i do need a bigger newer case with more vents etc. i was lookin at those water cooling systems... dang now das trippy!!
            Last edited by pinakboy; July 25, 2005, 09:49 AM.
            Reggie aka pinakboy
            Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
            Recipe Tube TV!
            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Okay, I read through some of the links in this thread, and now I'm trying to look for a local store that sales Small Form Factor (SFF) cases.

I'm doing a grad project for school this quarter and I'm thinking of doing a watercooled SFF computer. The reason why I'm doing a SFF computer, is because I take the bus to school, and I've seen my brother take his SFF computer to the airport in a backpack (where airport security questioned him about the contents, so he busted out his computer, LCD monitor, keyboard and mouse and booted the computer at the security gate) and I want to do the same thing (minus the security check). I added the watercooled technology because this would need to be something special to the computer, and not a boring 2 hour build.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Pimp my G-5 ride

What amazes me is how gamers are turning CPU's into a desktop version of a pimped-out import car.

Neon Lights, processor heat sink fans that look like turbo chargers and heat sink fins that look like they belong in the avionics compartment of a B-2 bomber.

What next? Hydraulic Keyboards that you can make dance on your desk with the touch of the mouse!
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Pimp my G-5 ride

Originally posted by Pomai
                  What amazes me is how gamers are turning CPU's into a desktop version of a pimped-out import car.

Neon Lights, processor heat sink fans that look like turbo chargers and heat sink fins that look like they belong in the avionics compartment of a B-2 bomber.

What next? Hydraulic Keyboards that you can make dance on your desk with the touch of the mouse!
                  Don't tease my baby. I modded it with a window, added a few lighted fans, and I'm this close to painting it.

Actually, its like every hobby: you make your computer your own creation. I'm just waiting for someone to chrome his case (or keyboard/mouse or even monitor.)

Comment

Talk about modding, I have this 14" electric radiator cooling fan I bought from Checker Auto Parts to help cool my BMW (never needed it). I'm thinking of mounting it in one of my many computers that I've built and running slow on +5vdc from the PSU. With that low voltage the fan should run slower but because of the large blades, it should cool pretty quickly and quietly.

Imagine the looks on the faces of people who see that monster cooling fan

One thing I could never understand is why would you want to show off your computer's innards. I'd rather look at a sleek case instead.

Comment

One thing I could never understand is why would you want to show off your computer's innards. I'd rather look at a sleek case instead.
                      Its like a car's engine. People pop their hoods to show their work, and since its a pain to open the side of the case to people who see your computer, we add a window. Plus, it'll let us show our wiring skills, what we have, and how clean we keep our computer.

But then again, if you don't do it right, then the plastic will break while on transport.

Comment

And if you don't do it right you're just letting everybody see your messy wiring.

If you want to let everybody see your work just breadboard the entire computer.

There was a time when showing off your latest circuit board was kinda geeky. I guess times have changed and everybody's trying to show off their attributes.

Muscleman: Check out these abs...pure tone man!

Gamer: Das nothing...check out my ATI Radeon graphics card! Smooth man!

Hot Chick: Hmmm decisions decisions.

Comment

Kikaida's G-5 Conscience Circuit Revealed

Have you ever seen the innards of an off-the-shelf OEM APPLE G-5? An electronic work of art!

We remove the hood off the one in our office every now and then just to show it off to the PC guys in the other dept..

Speaking of customizing, seen one once at theapplecollection.com. Oscar De La Hoya (the boxer) had his Apple G4 POWERBOOK gutted and fitted with a solid wood carved case duplicated exactly like the OEM shell. Not sure what type of wood, but looked like Koa! Kinda' neat how the keyboard and screen looked framed with real wood instead of metal or plastic.

Definately one of the most original custom cases I've seen yet.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I just checked out Alliance computers on Dillingham, and they're a geek's paradise. The salesperson there was very knowledgable and made sure that the components I choose were compatible and performed at the utmost fastest speed possible. I only checked their cases (which they have my case of choice), watercooling kits, and XP pro 64 bit OS, but looks like I'll be shopping locally for this project. Personal Touch Computers finally has compeition.

Comment

Working...
                            X