Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Five Questions: Firsts

My 1st car?

Four door 1968 Dynamic 88 Olds (the family car)
    I remember how the wing windows used to shake when I got past 100mph...weee! First purchased car 1978 Firebird with "T-top"...remember those.

My first romantic Kiss?

Neighbor girl, we were around 8 or 9 years old. Later, she told her dad about it and her dad came over and asked me if I planed to marry her. I said no. I don't think I kissed another girl until I got into college.

Celebrity Crush?

Dorris Day or Sandra Dee as Tammy Tyree "Tammy Tell Me True" (1961)

First thing I do in the morning?

Coffee & smoke

1st thing I learned to Cook?

eggs if toast doesn't count.

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

saw this yesterday but didn't want to be the FIRST

What was your first car?
      A sapphire blue 1994 Sentra...just sold it last year

Who was the recipient (or deliverer) of your first romantic kiss?
      Brian...caught me by surprise! But wooo.

Who was your first celebrity crush?
      *blush* Donny Osmond. Shut up! I was only 5 or so. But I remember having to get the lunch box with him on it for school, I'd have no one else.

Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
      Turn on the TV to watch/listen to the morning news while I'm still lying in bed ... then I can judge how much more time I have before having to get my butt out of bed for real by seeing what feature is on (when Mr. Food comes on, then I know I'm really late!).

What was the first thing you learned to cook?
      Hmmm...I learned to bake first...baked cookies first, probably. I think the first thing I learned to cook, several years later, was marinara sauce...

thanks for the memories!

Comment

First car was a 1965 MG 1100 four-door. (Photo at http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/ve...74;p=574010520 )

First kiss was... shoots, I don't remember! Probably Carol G., who lived a couple of houses away.

First celebrity crush was definitely Farrah Fawcett!
        (Most recent celebrity crush is... still Farrah Fawcett!)

First wake-up task is, like so many others here, putting on the glasses.

First thing I learned to cook was eggs. And homemade ice cream, if you can call that "cooking".

Kewl quiz!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Opel Cadet

Stacey Tackett

Barbara Eden

Down a gallon of Kona coffee

bacon and eggs hash browns, stuffs li dat.

Comment

1) My first car was a 71' Chevy Malibu convertible. Perfect High School car, we would all pile in to go to class at Makapu'u.
            2) First "romantic" kiss was with Lisa T. and we truly were sitting in a tree-house. Funny how we can remember something so vividly from so long ago.
            3) Celebrity Crush- The foxy black chick from Mod Squad. oh yeah,baby!
            4) first thing in the morn.- push the button on the coffee pot, then check for emails.
            5) First thing to cook was saimen, and I would throw just about anything in.
            This was really fun. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I waited and waited to post this...

1. What was your first car? Brand new Datsun 2 Door Sedan. Black Vynyl Top with Bright Orange Body, Mustard Interior (My 16th BD gift from my parents!)

2. Who was the recipient (or deliverer) of your first romantic kiss? Victor M.

3. Who was your first celebrity crush? None

4. Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Thank God, Pray

5. What was the first thing you learned to cook? Rice, hey...I filipino! wasa madda you? heheheheh

Thank you, this was fun. MORE, please!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hi ya buddy2. mod squad had the haole girl, julie/peggy lipton, but the black star was a guy, linc/clarence williams III. the other star was pete/michael cole. (no, i didn't memorize this, i found it on the net, 'cuz i didn't remember a black girl on it). anyway, you must be thinking of another program...?

Comment

Okay thanks SouthKona. I remember that one now, but can't come up with the name of the show the lady I'm thinking of was in. She had a beautiful face and medium size afro and slim figure. Oh well, just fantasy anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
                    ...but can't come up with the name of the show the lady I'm thinking of was in.
                    I wonder if you mean Nichelle Nichols from the original Star Trek, or maybe Odessa Cleveland in the early seasons of MASH. I realize neither of these shows is anything like The Mod Squad, but the time period's about right, and both women were quite lovely.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yeah, I liked Nichele from "star trek" too. Wish I could see a photo of Odessa.
                      Who knows maybe I'm thinking of one of the dancing ladies from "The Smother's Brothers". Anyways...

Comment

1. What was your first car? 1962 Ford Falcon

2. Who was the recipient (or deliverer) of your first romantic kiss? Pookie my stuffed teddy bear.
                        3. Who was your first celebrity crush? I dream of Jeanie

4. Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Kiss my wife

5. What was the first thing you learned to cook? Instant saimin
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

What was your first car? A red on white 75 Mustang that i payed 500 bucks for.
                          Who was the recipient (or deliverer) of your first romantic kiss? On Schofield Barracks, HI......a soldier with the initials of SL
                          Who was your first celebrity crush? I dont honestly think i *crush* on celebrity's.
                          Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? I dont use an alarm.....i pretty much get right up and so the first thing would be using the restroom.
                          What was the first thing you learned to cook? I guess maybe pancakes from a mix or a basic egg and cheese omelet.
                          If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

What was your first car? 1991 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition

Who was the recipient (or deliverer) of your first romantic kiss? Yack! romantic means love. The first guy I kissed that I loved was my husband. That's a safe answer!

Who was your first celebrity crush? I don't have one. Still. Actors don't do it for me.

Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? 99% of the time, I use the potty.

What was the first thing you learned to cook? spam and saimin! yay!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              1. What was your first car? 1962 Ford Falcon
                              Sheesh. What's the odds of that? See my response earlier in the thread. 3-speed on the column, with hood locks!! I was working construction for Del Webb and so the whole front seat got covered in red dirt throughout the summer.
                              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                                Sheesh. What's the odds of that? See my response earlier in the thread. 3-speed on the column, with hood locks!! I was working construction for Del Webb and so the whole front seat got covered in red dirt throughout the summer.
                                Cool mine was a three speed column shifter too! Up for first, straight down for second then push back then straight up for third. Reverse was pull forward then straight up.

I still think column shifting was faster than floor shifting, your hands were closer to the wheel so when you had to downshift on a hard left bank turn the response time was lightning quick.

Mine had the inline 6-cylinder and was painted a latex baby blue house paint...yeah it was a $50 beater that was handed down from one guy to the next at my Air Force base in Idaho.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X