• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

Various manapua and Mountain Dew.

Comment

Mix BBQ Plate and 1/2 Chicken Special with Fries form MAMA from BOB'S on the corner of Dillingham/Houghtailing. It's better than buying the whole shabang and charcoal...for only MAMA and me.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

dallah beers and happy hour prices on da puupuus at Dixie grill. nice place. casual. fahnkee.
        today; crab/arty choke dip
        so onooo! with toasty garlic style bread.
        hoh! chance um!

Comment

Todai tonight for the 2-for-one special (if someone's celebrating their birthday and they can prove it, they get their dinner free). It's about the only time we get to go to Todai because it's kinda expensive for a buffet.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I was at Todai couple weeks ago! Happy Birthday Miulang! I ate so much I had to abort.

I love Dim Sum at Golden Palace. Being Pake, they have the cheapest Dim Sum in Hawaii! Not only cheap but very good, except for the chicken feet (yuck!). Believe it or not, I have a local haole friend that loves chicken feet. Unbelievable.
            Last edited by kahalabrah; September 5, 2005, 06:20 PM.

Comment

dass disgusting! right there in da restaurant?!

Comment

Originally posted by kahalabrah
                I was at Todai couple weeks ago! Happy Birthday Miulang! I ate so much I had to abort.
                Wasn't my burpday (was my kane's), but I know what you mean <urp> and I didn't even go back for seconds! What cracks me up about some people who eat there is how they stack their plates up high with king crab legs (about all they have on their plates). You spend all that time extracting so little meat...me? gimme da stuff that all I gotta do is pop in my mouth. I hear Bruddah Lurkah as a special "secret" to getting all that manini meat out of a crab leg wikiwiki, though.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  I hear Bruddah Lurkah as a special "secret" to getting all that manini meat out of a crab leg wikiwiki, though.
                  he sticks it in a glass of meat tenderiser and sucks da buggah like a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

What cracks me up about some people who eat there is how they stack their plates up high with king crab legs (about all they have on their plates). You spend all that time extracting so little meat...me? gimme da stuff that all I gotta do is pop in my mouth. I hear Bruddah Lurkah as a special "secret" to getting all that manini meat out of a crab leg wikiwiki, though.
                    First of all, it's obvious you're an amateur when it comes to eating crab because Todai only serves the skinny snow crab legs and not the bumbucha Alaskan king crab legs. And yes, there is a technique for getting the maximum amount of snow crab meat out from the legs, but mo bettah you just stick to eating sushi and leave the crab legs for me. And about eating all the different kinds of sushi they have there, the trick is to remove most of the rice from the sushi or you'll get full way too fast anden what, poho yeah if you get full by eating too much rice at a buffet with all that raw fish around?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                      First of all, it's obvious you're an amateur when it comes to eating crab because Todai only serves the skinny snow crab legs and not the bumbucha Alaskan king crab legs. And yes, there is a technique for getting the maximum amount of snow crab meat out from the legs, but mo bettah you just stick to eating sushi and leave the crab legs for me. And about eating all the different kinds of sushi they have there, the trick is to remove most of the rice from the sushi or you'll get full way too fast anden what, poho yeah if you get full by eating too much rice at a buffet with all that raw fish around?
                      Who taught you da technique? Moki? No worries, bruddah, I ate da poke to da max and dey had extra maguro on da side, so I wen whack up da fresh fish. Oni had about 6 pieces of sushi, mostly nigiri anyway because I like da fresh fish and not so much da "stuff" in da maki rolls. Whose bright idea was to put cream cheese in sushi anyway? You going let Panzo and me sit at your feet in LV so we can "apprentice" wit da expert?

Miulang
                      Last edited by Miulang; September 5, 2005, 07:24 PM.

Comment

A couple of cheeseburgers, onion rings and a bottle of water.

Comment

And for dessert? Chocolate mochi at Nori's Saimin and Snacks in Hilo Town. Chewy and chocolaty. Onolicious!

Comment

Yesterday? Chicken caesar salad from Costco. I actually didn't eat the chicken! Today? Combination teishoku (sashimi and tempura) from Kabuki in Aiea.

Comment

A couple of cheeseburgers and a bottle of water.

Comment

Pork shredded after roasting in a homemade chili verde sauce on tortillas and cheese with diet cola spritzed up with a half of meyer lemon that grows in the back yard. mmmmmmmm.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X