Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 147

Thread: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,117

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by pinakboy
    i made a batch last night fo our month supply. my wife wen trip me out wen she atem with tabasco and shoyu. not wit char siu i told her! she jus lol and grindem.
    I woulda grind um wit chinese mustard and shoyu. Carnivorous buggah yeah your wife?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    i stay salt lake
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkah
    Carnivorous buggah yeah your wife?
    i no sh*t u!! LOL freakin kapampangan no eat veggies!! dang only meat meat!!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    7,320

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    A large combo bowl of pho and some summer rolls at the other Vietnamese place on River Street (you know, the one that doesn't have the line streaming out the door).

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kapalama Heights.
    Posts
    5,194

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Home-made black-bean chili and brown rice. I love my slow-cooker.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    i stay salt lake
    Posts
    252

    Thumbs up Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    today i get laos style green papaya salad for lunch that i made last night for dinner. i goin eatem with chicharon (pork rinds) dang good lo-carb lunch!





    nice hot sour sweet and spicy!!

    ONO!!!

    my recipe on my blog checkem out!
    Last edited by pinakboy; July 28th, 2005 at 10:59 AM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    the hills of Kalihi
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Whopper, without onion, and medium fries (since they don't have anything called small fries).

    My first Burger King test this year, so I'm not exactly a faithful customer.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    i stay salt lake
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Whopper, without onion, and medium fries (since they don't have anything called small fries).

    My first Burger King test this year, so I'm not exactly a faithful customer.
    i used to love whoppers until i had the ultimate cheeseburger from Jack's...

    there is a definite difference in flame broiled vs flat metal grilled burgers...

    must be da burger GREASE!! hehehe

    my wife is a ultimate cheeseburger junkie now. i converted her!! LOL


  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    7,320

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Lunch buffet from Zaffron on N. King with nan bread extra. As Indian food goes, they're not my favorite, but sometimes you're just in the mood for that curry taste (even if it isn't half as spicy as it should be).

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Kailua, Oahu
    Posts
    1,508

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by pinakboy
    today i get laos style green papaya salad for lunch that i made last night for dinner. i goin eatem with chicharon (pork rinds) dang good lo-carb lunch!
    What part of the pig is the rind? I'm serious. I have no idea what pork rinds are. They look like deep-fried deep-fry. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,518

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by MadAzza
    What part of the pig is the rind? I'm serious. I have no idea what pork rinds are. They look like deep-fried deep-fry. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
    Hi MadAzza! the pork rinds are made from the skins of pigs. deep fried and usually sprinkled with water to cause the effect when it is finished. it is used to eat by itself, added to vegetable dishes, and used insead of pork. there are two virieties the meatless skin or the one that is used in dishes with meat & fat. It's commonly called "chicharon."

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Kailua, Oahu
    Posts
    1,508

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine
    Hi MadAzza! the pork rinds are made from the skins of pigs.
    Oh, so I guess it really is the pig's "rind."

    I sure learn a lot in this group! Mostly about food. Heh!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    the hills of Kalihi
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Ryan said about Zaffron "As Indian food goes, they're not my favorite..."

    Zaffron is okay but there's no question that India House (across from Puck's Alley) is THE best Indian restaurant in town. I just wish it weren't quite so expensive.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    7,320

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Today is Burt "Bytemarks/Quark" Lum's monthly geek lunch downtown, so I'll be getting my usual: a toasted turkey bacon sub from Subway with Maui-style potato chips and a Coke. (Free Star-Bulletin, too!) We'll be in the YWCA Richards Street courtyard from 11:30 to 1 p.m. or so, if anyone cares to join us!

  14. #39

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Did you ever try Komala Curry House in downtown?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    kahului
    Posts
    517

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Aunty,

    No Foget The Chili Pepa Watta An Shoyu With The Chicharon.

    With Da Cold Beer, Broke Da Mouth... Wait Yea I Goin Get One Cold

    One.

    Today`s Menu...... Hamburger Steak And Small Dry Mein From

    Maui`s Very Popular .....sam Sato`s......in Wailuku.

    Oggboy.......

  16. #41

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by oggboy
    Today`s Menu...... Hamburger Steak And Small Dry Mein From

    Maui`s Very Popular .....sam Sato`s......in Wailuku.

    Oggboy.......
    Oooh! Now you making ME hungry! You eva eat da Sam Sato turnovers? Ho, I would kill for one of dem (peach, please) right now! You eva eat da food from da WeiWei Noodle Shop down da street? Both Sam Sato and WeiWei right down da street from my mudda and fadda's house.

    Miulang

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    kahului
    Posts
    517

    Smile Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Yeah You Nooooooo,,,,,,

    Go Early Foa The Turnovers And Umpung And Cinnamon Donuts.

    Mine Is Da Peach And The Coconut. No Can Beat... You Rememeber

    The Locations That Sam Sato`s Was At?????

    Oh Yeah, I Go Eat At Wei-wei Too!!!

    Dey Get One Unreal Menu And The Food Is Pretty Good, But I

    Still Miss Golden Jade Restaurant..... You Remember That One Too??

    Oggboy

  18. #43

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by oggboy
    Yeah You Nooooooo,,,,,,

    Go Early Foa The Turnovers And Umpung And Cinnamon Donuts.

    Mine Is Da Peach And The Coconut. No Can Beat... You Rememeber

    The Locations That Sam Sato`s Was At?????

    Oh Yeah, I Go Eat At Wei-wei Too!!!

    Dey Get One Unreal Menu And The Food Is Pretty Good, But I

    Still Miss Golden Jade Restaurant..... You Remember That One Too??

    Oggboy
    Ha! I so makule I rememba where Sam Sato used to be in Happy Valley. Neva went wen was in Puunene though (isn't that where they had da first store? In one of the plantation camps?) When was in Happy Valley, wen burn down, I tink dat's why dey in da Wailuku Industrial Park now (Imi Kala?)

    Small kid time, I wen Iao School, and Golden Jade was almost right across da street (had Kaohu Store too, we used to go ova there for crack seed and inari sushi, lidat). Yeah, Golden Jade was da best. I used to like da chow mein and da duck.

    Miulang

    P.S. My parents used to take me and my bruddah to eat at Hale Lava and Tasty Crust, too, just so we would learn how to eat with one knife and fork and learn table manners. I miss Hale Lava too, had onolicious mac salad.
    Last edited by Miulang; July 29th, 2005 at 05:43 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    kahului
    Posts
    517

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Eh Tita Miulang,
    I Hope I Can Call You Dat Cause I Feal Like I No You Already. Yes
    The First Sam Sato`s Wuz At The Puunene Plantation. As Wea My
    Fadda Use To Take Me Go Eat Breakfast, And The Mama-san Would
    Come Talk Story With Me And My Dad...
    After That Wen H.c.& S. Started Closing Down Those Plantation
    Housing.....sam Sato Wuz Looking Foa One Place.
    They Wen Find The One In Happy Valley, But Neva Burn Down, Just
    Wuz To Small Foa Dem Operate Since All The Local People Use
    To Go There.........

    So, You Rememeber Golden Jade Eh,,,, That Was One Ono Kine
    Place Foa Get Chinese Food. And No Was Cantonese.......
    Now Day`s All Get Is Cantonese Food.....

    Oh Yeah Kaohu Store Still Dea.... Remember The Short Old Man And Old Lady................. Oggboy

  20. #45

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by oggboy
    Eh Tita Miulang,
    I Hope I Can Call You Dat Cause I Feal Like I No You Already. Yes
    The First Sam Sato`s Wuz At The Puunene Plantation. As Wea My
    Fadda Use To Take Me Go Eat Breakfast, And The Mama-san Would
    Come Talk Story With Me And My Dad...
    After That Wen H.c.& S. Started Closing Down Those Plantation
    Housing.....sam Sato Wuz Looking Foa One Place.
    They Wen Find The One In Happy Valley, But Neva Burn Down, Just
    Wuz To Small Foa Dem Operate Since All The Local People Use
    To Go There.........

    So, You Rememeber Golden Jade Eh,,,, That Was One Ono Kine
    Place Foa Get Chinese Food. And No Was Cantonese.......
    Now Day`s All Get Is Cantonese Food.....

    Oh Yeah Kaohu Store Still Dea.... Remember The Short Old Man And Old Lady................. Oggboy
    Eh,foa sure you can call me Tita, because I one A#1 Tita to da Max!
    I keep up with what's going on by reading da online version of da Maui News, but long time I neva see anyting about Ah Fook Supermarket. So dey wen tear da whole ting down yet? Going rebuild? I was on Maui da day after wen burn. I sad about Ooka too. Where da makule kine guys in Wailuku going get their groceries from? I heard Safeway going build down by da old Apana junk yard where get all da multimillion dollar kine houses? Das true or wat?

    Malama pono,
    Miulang

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,117

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Miulang

    Eh,foa sure you can call me Tita, because I one A#1 Tita to da Max!
    Picture Frank Delima's version of Mary Tunta.

    Komoda Bakery cream puffs is da bomb!

    Now you folks is forcing me to drive ovah to Walmart so I can get some custard pie. Yeah, dey get ono kine custard pie too ovah heyah. Just gotta imagine it's from Liliha Bakery.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    kahului
    Posts
    517

    Unhappy Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    TITA,
    FOA ALL THESE MAKULE PEOPLE, I FEAL FOA DEM......
    REMEMEBER NODA MARKET, CLOSE!!! AH FOOK`S BURN DOWN
    OOKA`S GO CLOSE DOWN.... SOME PU TING I FEEL FOA OUR KUPUNA`S...
    ONLY KINE PLACE IS TAKAMIYA MARKET.....

    FROM WATT I NO, AH FOOKS LIKE REBUILD IN THE SAME SPOT.....

    ITS JUST A WAIT AND SEE GAME BY A&B WATT GOING TAKE PLACE..

    BUT SOME SADDDDD FOR SEE ALL THESE KUPUNAS FEAL SOOOO LOST.

    KAHULUI SHOPPING CENTER WAS, THERE GATHERING PLACE...........

    OGGBOY..................

    p.s. REMEMBER HAROLDS INN, CRAFT`S DRUGS, TODA DRUGS OR PORT
    TOWN DELI....................

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by oggboy
    TITA,
    FOA ALL THESE MAKULE
    ...


    you have got... to buy a new keyboard. old one steh broke azzwhy.
    I know that has gotta be why you using all caps. Not for the other reason... one hopes.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    kahului
    Posts
    517

    Thumbs up Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Eh, Kimo, So Sorry But Why Not????

    At Least I Get On Moa Free Hand Fo Pound Da Cold Ones Eh!!!!
    ,
    Oggboy

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

    Quote Originally Posted by oggboy
    Eh, Kimo, So Sorry But Why Not????
    hmmmm...
    "why NOT type in all caps" ??

    ok;
    it's considered rude.
    lazy.
    it's a common newbie infraction.
    It's universally reviled.
    it looks like hell.
    It is considered yelling. or screaming.

    http://tinyurl.com/cp2de

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •