X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

Originally posted by pinakboy
    bugga ono but auntie u wen look behind ur shoulder fo da ghosts?? dey sed get choke weird stuff dea since Zippy's wen build em on a former mortuary property...

i like my hamburger steak with tabasco and shoyu!!

ok back to da post....

we had pork denengdeng with saluyot fo lunch yesterday. my wife neva had it b4 and she one filipina!! lol she not ilocana das why. she da kine picky kapampangan no eat veggies only like meat girl! but i changin dat.
    Pinakboy, The Mortuary was located across Zippy's Vineyard. Hosoi is next to it while Borthwick is across. I not scared of the dead...it's the live ones I'm afraid of! As far as choke weird stuff dea and around the place, nothing new. You can get Sally on Kukui, Rachel on Aala, Marvalous on Nuuanu, etc. Mmmmmm the pork dienengdeng with saluyot sounds good to go. I usually put shrimps too. Me Ilosayan (Ilocano-Visayan), Potorican, Cherokee Indian. Hot blooded!

Silly me, forgot what I had for lunch! Oxtail soup and coke.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 25, 2005, 04:02 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

tamale beans and rice plate at da restaurant row mexican restaurant.

ok. I may be missing something here; at lunch ya otta have a lil quicker service as usually ya gotta get back to work.

lunch service was slow, tho the place was sparsly populated for the 2 oclock hour.
      hadda wait for the two beers, then after the decent lunch... the check was delivered before we were pau. but i still steh t'irsty! Hot day, hot food, only two beers.. wot kine dat!?

So, as he handed me the check, I ask if i may have another beer. As if i were Oliver asking for permission to have a wee bit more ration...

and I swear; he stood there and actually thot about it! Hmmm... well ok.
      and a little after that, got my beer.

wow.

food was good, but it really would taste better had i not remained high and dry so long..
      2 stars.

Comment

sorry gang, yesterday's;
        and I goin bitch a lil more;

ok so we hele on ovah to brew Moon cuz da owner cool dude. and da brew is no ka oi.
        ordered
        nachos = a not so hefty serving of red corn tortilla chips balancing precariously along the ouside rim of this wavy ridged brushed metal sculpture thing that looked too impracticle for food but did serve to remind me well of metalshop days central intermediate school... cuz it looked like someone's unfinished metallic potential piece of modern art. That ya don't wanna touch cuz o the unground sharp edges and the metal shrapnel and dust... whuhooo!

chips were cold.
        thankfully so was the beer.
        again:
        bar owners: atENshun!
        have yer servers be johnny on the spot and keep the customer's glasses full! don't make them wait. you WILL miss out on bar profits!

nachos came with a bowl in the middle of chile beans and beef... with a lil cheese. and I mean a little. as if they passed a block of cheese quickly over the arrangement.
        Well, in my world nachos has cheese. alot of it.
        also included was a small thin cheap plastic cup, about a two oz size with sour cream and anodda one with guacamole.
        I'm sorry but if yer gonna pass yerself off as a slightly upscale bar, purveying quality beeers at 4 bux + a pop, puLEEZ do away with the platelunch food holders. get and use real ceramic ramekins.
        Look; I am paying ten bux for 35 cents of corn tortillas, 45 cents of chile, 10 cents of sour cream and 12 cents of guac. Don't insult us by serving it to us in junk that looks as if the F&B manager tried to save every last quarter cent on the expenses by sourcing elementary school cafeteria disposable tartar sauce cups.
        (some prefer decorative ceramic or even fosted glassware. THIS may decide whether people return or not. It IS the little touches that do it. Stop thinking it's these little touches that save ya money. cuz ya look cheap.)
        Ya wanna grab hold of the

wheww. Ok, feel bettah.
        hey. it wasn't all bad. coulda been a bad day for them
        And my dining partner couldn'ta been more chah-ming. so it all evens out.
        Last edited by kimo55; July 25, 2005, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Half-pound shoyu ahi from Safeway at Manoa Marketplace. Costs almost twice as much there than at Foodland, but is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Pinakboy, The Mortuary was located across Zippy's Vineyard. Hosoi is next to it while Borthwick is across. I not scared of the dead...it's the live ones I'm afraid of! As far as choke weird stuff dea and around the place, nothing new. You can get Sally on Kukui, Rachel on Aala, Marvalous on Nuuanu, etc. Mmmmmm the pork dienengdeng with saluyot sounds good to go. I usually put shrimps too. Me Ilosayan (Ilocano-Visayan), Potorican, Cherokee Indian. Hot blooded!

Silly me, forgot what I had for lunch! Oxtail soup and coke.

Auntie Lynn
            oh yah auntie da burger king on beretania was da one on da mortuary eh?!
            i wudve put da shrimps but i wen usem all for da sinigang. lol

me ilocano visayan too. my fada ilocano and my mada visayan.
            now my wife is kapampangan and i tryin fo make her eat moa veggies ilocano style coz she only like meat meat meat like nilagang baboy, kalderata, adobo etc.

today i get same kine lunch but i cut down on da net carbs to jus one slice whole wheat bread with egg salad and chicharon. befo i was eating 4 slices=2 sandwiches and i was wondering why no can lose weight! lol
            Last edited by pinakboy; July 26, 2005, 12:50 PM.
            Reggie aka pinakboy
            Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
            Recipe Tube TV!
            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

There was a Mourtuary located on the property that is now Burgerking on Beretania. I forgot it's name. Anyway's back to the topic. I had Lunch Plate w/ fried rice from New Mui on Liliha Street. Delicious.

I also enjoy eating Calding Kalderata. Theres this place in Waipahu that has a buffet lunch and dinner at the Waipahu Shopping Plaza. Masarap! They have pinapaatan, lauya baka, and other choices to choose from.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

There was a Mourtuary located on the property that is now Burgerking on Beretania. I forgot it's name. Anyway's back to the topic. I had Lunch Plate w/ fried rice from New Mui on Liliha Street. Delicious.

I also enjoy eating Calding Kalderata. Theres this place in Waipahu that has a buffet lunch and dinner at the Waipahu Shopping Plaza. Masarap! They have pinapaatan, lauya baka, and other choices to choose from.

Auntie Lynn
                ooooo auntie now i like eat pinapaitan!!! my wife no like da papait strong. i likem strong with da black bindongo tripe!! buggah can grow hair on da chest! LOL

whea in waipahu?? Elena's kalihi restaurant no moa already. dey had good buffet. get funny kine owners now at da same location. dey call deir restaurant "sari-sari" and get local japanese owner and had one popolo cook come out from da kitchen fo smoke break! ROFL!!
                da food not fresh and look like they jus reheatem. my wife didn't like it at all and i've tasted junk filpino food but dis place wen take da cake!
                Reggie aka pinakboy
                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                Recipe Tube TV!
                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

ooooo auntie now i like eat pinapaitan!!! my wife no like da papait strong. i likem strong with da black bindongo tripe!! buggah can grow hair on da chest! LOL

whea in waipahu?? Elena's kalihi restaurant no moa already. dey had good buffet. get funny kine owners now at da same location. dey call deir restaurant "sari-sari" and get local japanese owner and had one popolo cook come out from da kitchen fo smoke break! ROFL!!
                  da food not fresh and look like they jus reheatem. my wife didn't like it at all and i've tasted junk filpino food but dis place wen take da cake!
                  pinackboy, the papait is the best! the more bitter the better as the saying goes. i never did go to elena's or sarisari. "mabuhay" on river street makes the best karikari (ox-tail w/ peanut butter sauce), "cafe dalisay" on maunakea street makes pork/shrimp balatong w/paria leaves and an upfront seat to drug deals. the one i'm referring to in waipahu is "kaimbigan"!

when we get our next pot lock picnic, i hope you and your wife come. dat way get plenty filipino fine foods and desserts. maraming marasap (very ono)!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

pinackboy, the papait is the best! the more bitter the better as the saying goes. i never did go to elena's or sarisari. "mabuhay" on river street makes the best karikari (ox-tail w/ peanut butter sauce), "cafe dalisay" on maunakea street makes pork/shrimp balatong w/paria leaves and an upfront seat to drug deals. the one i'm referring to in waipahu is "kaimbigan"!

when we get our next pot lock picnic, i hope you and your wife come. dat way get plenty filipino fine foods and desserts. maraming marasap (very ono)!

Auntie Lynn
                    yah auntie da stronger da papait da betta!! buggah make da house stink tho and my mom would run away and go out shopping at ala moana wen my dad wud start cooking... hehehe i rememba dalisay and mabuhay. we used to go dea back in da 70's wen i was smallboy.

i tink da criminal element in chinatown actually gives it flavor. lol not!
                    yah i love pot lucks! i grind everybody's food! woo hoo!! hahaha

Reggie aka pinakboy
                    Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                    Recipe Tube TV!
                    Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

On today's lunch lo carb menu fo me get:

brown rice and char siu... dang my mouth watering now. da laway(drool) stay coming out!

i made a batch last night fo our month supply. my wife wen trip me out wen she atem with tabasco and shoyu. not wit char siu i told her! she jus lol and grindem.

Reggie aka pinakboy
                      Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                      Recipe Tube TV!
                      Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

i made a batch last night fo our month supply. my wife wen trip me out wen she atem with tabasco and shoyu. not wit char siu i told her! she jus lol and grindem.
                        I woulda grind um wit chinese mustard and shoyu. Carnivorous buggah yeah your wife?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                          Carnivorous buggah yeah your wife?
                          i no sh*t u!! LOL freakin kapampangan no eat veggies!! dang only meat meat!!
                          Reggie aka pinakboy
                          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                          Recipe Tube TV!
                          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

A large combo bowl of pho and some summer rolls at the other Vietnamese place on River Street (you know, the one that doesn't have the line streaming out the door).

Comment

Home-made black-bean chili and brown rice. I love my slow-cooker.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

today i get laos style green papaya salad for lunch that i made last night for dinner. i goin eatem with chicharon (pork rinds) dang good lo-carb lunch!

nice hot sour sweet and spicy!!

ONO!!!

my recipe on my blog checkem out!
                                Last edited by pinakboy; July 28, 2005, 09:59 AM.
                                Reggie aka pinakboy
                                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                                Recipe Tube TV!
                                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
                                X