This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

Whopper, without onion, and medium fries (since they don't have anything called small fries).

My first Burger King test this year, so I'm not exactly a faithful customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
      Whopper, without onion, and medium fries (since they don't have anything called small fries).

My first Burger King test this year, so I'm not exactly a faithful customer.
      i used to love whoppers until i had the ultimate cheeseburger from Jack's...

there is a definite difference in flame broiled vs flat metal grilled burgers...

must be da burger GREASE!! hehehe

my wife is a ultimate cheeseburger junkie now. i converted her!! LOL

Reggie aka pinakboy
      Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
      Raw Eats Veggie Videos
      Recipe Tube TV!
      Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Lunch buffet from Zaffron on N. King with nan bread extra. As Indian food goes, they're not my favorite, but sometimes you're just in the mood for that curry taste (even if it isn't half as spicy as it should be).

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
          today i get laos style green papaya salad for lunch that i made last night for dinner. i goin eatem with chicharon (pork rinds) dang good lo-carb lunch!
          What part of the pig is the rind? I'm serious. I have no idea what pork rinds are. They look like deep-fried deep-fry. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            What part of the pig is the rind? I'm serious. I have no idea what pork rinds are. They look like deep-fried deep-fry. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
            Hi MadAzza! the pork rinds are made from the skins of pigs. deep fried and usually sprinkled with water to cause the effect when it is finished. it is used to eat by itself, added to vegetable dishes, and used insead of pork. there are two virieties the meatless skin or the one that is used in dishes with meat & fat. It's commonly called "chicharon."

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Hi MadAzza! the pork rinds are made from the skins of pigs.
              Oh, so I guess it really is the pig's "rind."

I sure learn a lot in this group! Mostly about food. Heh!

Comment

Ryan said about Zaffron "As Indian food goes, they're not my favorite..."

Zaffron is okay but there's no question that India House (across from Puck's Alley) is THE best Indian restaurant in town. I just wish it weren't quite so expensive.

Comment

Today is Burt "Bytemarks/Quark" Lum's monthly geek lunch downtown, so I'll be getting my usual: a toasted turkey bacon sub from Subway with Maui-style potato chips and a Coke. (Free Star-Bulletin, too!) We'll be in the YWCA Richards Street courtyard from 11:30 to 1 p.m. or so, if anyone cares to join us!

Comment

Did you ever try Komala Curry House in downtown?
                    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Aunty,

No Foget The Chili Pepa Watta An Shoyu With The Chicharon.

With Da Cold Beer, Broke Da Mouth... Wait Yea I Goin Get One Cold

One.

Today`s Menu...... Hamburger Steak And Small Dry Mein From

Maui`s Very Popular .....sam Sato`s......in Wailuku.

Oggboy.......
                      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy
                        Today`s Menu...... Hamburger Steak And Small Dry Mein From

Maui`s Very Popular .....sam Sato`s......in Wailuku.

Oggboy.......
                        Oooh! Now you making ME hungry! You eva eat da Sam Sato turnovers? Ho, I would kill for one of dem (peach, please) right now! You eva eat da food from da WeiWei Noodle Shop down da street? Both Sam Sato and WeiWei right down da street from my mudda and fadda's house.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah You Nooooooo,,,,,,

Go Early Foa The Turnovers And Umpung And Cinnamon Donuts.

Mine Is Da Peach And The Coconut. No Can Beat... You Rememeber

The Locations That Sam Sato`s Was At?????

Oh Yeah, I Go Eat At Wei-wei Too!!!

Dey Get One Unreal Menu And The Food Is Pretty Good, But I

Still Miss Golden Jade Restaurant..... You Remember That One Too??

Oggboy
                          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Yeah You Nooooooo,,,,,,

Go Early Foa The Turnovers And Umpung And Cinnamon Donuts.

Mine Is Da Peach And The Coconut. No Can Beat... You Rememeber

The Locations That Sam Sato`s Was At?????

Oh Yeah, I Go Eat At Wei-wei Too!!!

Dey Get One Unreal Menu And The Food Is Pretty Good, But I

Still Miss Golden Jade Restaurant..... You Remember That One Too??

Oggboy
                            Ha! I so makule I rememba where Sam Sato used to be in Happy Valley. Neva went wen was in Puunene though (isn't that where they had da first store? In one of the plantation camps?) When was in Happy Valley, wen burn down, I tink dat's why dey in da Wailuku Industrial Park now (Imi Kala?)

Small kid time, I wen Iao School, and Golden Jade was almost right across da street (had Kaohu Store too, we used to go ova there for crack seed and inari sushi, lidat). Yeah, Golden Jade was da best. I used to like da chow mein and da duck.

Miulang

P.S. My parents used to take me and my bruddah to eat at Hale Lava and Tasty Crust, too, just so we would learn how to eat with one knife and fork and learn table manners. I miss Hale Lava too, had onolicious mac salad.
                            Last edited by Miulang; July 29, 2005, 04:43 PM.
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Eh Tita Miulang,
                              I Hope I Can Call You Dat Cause I Feal Like I No You Already. Yes
                              The First Sam Sato`s Wuz At The Puunene Plantation. As Wea My
                              Fadda Use To Take Me Go Eat Breakfast, And The Mama-san Would
                              Come Talk Story With Me And My Dad...
                              After That Wen H.c.& S. Started Closing Down Those Plantation
                              Housing.....sam Sato Wuz Looking Foa One Place.
                              They Wen Find The One In Happy Valley, But Neva Burn Down, Just
                              Wuz To Small Foa Dem Operate Since All The Local People Use
                              To Go There.........

So, You Rememeber Golden Jade Eh,,,, That Was One Ono Kine
                              Place Foa Get Chinese Food. And No Was Cantonese.......
                              Now Day`s All Get Is Cantonese Food.....

Oh Yeah Kaohu Store Still Dea.... Remember The Short Old Man And Old Lady................. Oggboy
                              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Eh Tita Miulang,
                                I Hope I Can Call You Dat Cause I Feal Like I No You Already. Yes
                                The First Sam Sato`s Wuz At The Puunene Plantation. As Wea My
                                Fadda Use To Take Me Go Eat Breakfast, And The Mama-san Would
                                Come Talk Story With Me And My Dad...
                                After That Wen H.c.& S. Started Closing Down Those Plantation
                                Housing.....sam Sato Wuz Looking Foa One Place.
                                They Wen Find The One In Happy Valley, But Neva Burn Down, Just
                                Wuz To Small Foa Dem Operate Since All The Local People Use
                                To Go There.........

So, You Rememeber Golden Jade Eh,,,, That Was One Ono Kine
                                Place Foa Get Chinese Food. And No Was Cantonese.......
                                Now Day`s All Get Is Cantonese Food.....

Oh Yeah Kaohu Store Still Dea.... Remember The Short Old Man And Old Lady................. Oggboy
                                Eh,foa sure you can call me Tita, because I one A#1 Tita to da Max!
                                I keep up with what's going on by reading da online version of da Maui News, but long time I neva see anyting about Ah Fook Supermarket. So dey wen tear da whole ting down yet? Going rebuild? I was on Maui da day after wen burn. I sad about Ooka too. Where da makule kine guys in Wailuku going get their groceries from? I heard Safeway going build down by da old Apana junk yard where get all da multimillion dollar kine houses? Das true or wat?

Malama pono,
                                Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X