This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 5

BBQ Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, onion rings, corn on the cob and Mr. Phibs (a different version of Dr. Pepper) from Dixe Grill.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      BBQ Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, onion rings, corn on the cob and Mr. Phibs (a different version of Dr. Pepper) from Dixe Grill.
      I thought it was Mr. Pibb? Now I'm confused, it looks silly both ways. Do you ever do that, look at a word or a name and the more you look at it, the goofier it looks? Maybe that's just me.

Sounds like a great lunch, either way! They have a really good "kitchen sink" salad there, too. I need to go back there sometime.

I shared a chicken fajita at Duke's. Yum. With a gin & tonic on a hot summer day.

Comment

Huli Huli Chicken bought at the HCC (Honolulu Community College) Parking Lot on Dillingham Blvd. $ 4.00 for a Mini Plate (1 scoop rice, kernal corn and 1/4 chicken). Lg. $ 6.00 (2 scoops rice, kernal corn and 1/2 chicken).

The area is clean and in order. The taste of the Huli Huli Chicken: ONO

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

About to eat noodles and black bean chicken, spring rolls and Mountain Dew from U-Choice Drive Inn.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Huli Huli Chicken bought at the HCC (Honolulu Community College) Parking Lot on Dillingham Blvd. $ 4.00 for a Mini Plate (1 scoop rice, kernal corn and 1/4 chicken). Lg. $ 6.00 (2 scoops rice, kernal corn and 1/2 chicken).

The area is clean and in order. The taste of the Huli Huli Chicken: ONO

Auntie Lynn

oooo auntie das koala moa rotisserie chicken eh!! das da winnahz!! cooked jus right not burnt or raw insai. my wife's fave!! mine too if i can get my own whole chicken!! LOL
            Reggie aka pinakboy
            Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
            Recipe Tube TV!
            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy

oooo auntie das koala moa rotisserie chicken eh!! das da winnahz!! cooked jus right not burnt or raw insai. my wife's fave!! mine too if i can get my own whole chicken!! LOL
              You guys making my mout watah!

We're getting 100+ degree temps now where I stay. HO what I would give for one beeg, ono plate of cold ginger chicken! Eh Miulang, you can go make and send me some? I go pay you Tuesday for some kaukau today.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                You guys making my mout watah!

We're getting 100+ degree temps now where I stay. HO what I would give for one beeg, ono plate of cold ginger chicken! Eh Miulang, you can go make and send me some? I go pay you Tuesday for some kaukau today.
                Eh Bruddah. You can read, yeah? If you can read, you can go make 'em yourself! Up heah oni nani, not too hot, not too cold, except da weather buggahs say going be in da 90s later on dis week.

Cold Chicken with Ginger Sauce (from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", HECO, with some modifications by me)

1 qt. water
                1 T. oil
                1 small piece ginger, crushed
                4 lb. roasting chicken
                3/4 c. vegetable oil (I use canola)
                1/2 tsp. salt
                1 clove garlic, minced
                1/3 c. minced ginger root
                1/3 c. minced green onions
                1 T. chopped Chinese parsley (can use cilantro)

Poach the chicken in the water, with the small piece of crushed ginger and 1 T. salt. Let simmer on lowest heat for about 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and rinse it thoroughly. (You can use the chicken broth for soup or something else later on...freeze it if you can't use it immediately). Cut the chicken up into small 2 x 1" pieces (can remove skin if watching calories) and place in a serving dish. Heat the 1 T. oil and 1/2 t. salt until salt is dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the garlic, minced ginger and green onions. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the parsley. Serves 6.

Actually, the written recipe more complicated than it is to cook da moa!

And no go tell me you all makepo so you cannot read, you oni can eat...Izzie wen go report dat Makino's in LV betta den Todai...so I guess we going Makino's instead of Todai next month?

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

Cold Chicken with Ginger Sauce (from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", HECO, with some modifications by me)

1 qt. water
                  1 T. oil
                  1 small piece ginger, crushed
                  4 lb. roasting chicken
                  3/4 c. vegetable oil (I use canola)
                  1/2 tsp. salt
                  1 clove garlic, minced
                  1/3 c. minced ginger root
                  1/3 c. minced green onions
                  1 T. chopped Chinese parsley (can use cilantro)

Poach the chicken in the water, with the small piece of crushed ginger and 1 T. salt. Let simmer on lowest heat for about 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and rinse it thoroughly. (You can use the chicken broth for soup or something else later on...freeze it if you can't use it immediately). Cut the chicken up into small 2 x 1" pieces (can remove skin if watching calories) and place in a serving dish. Heat the 1 T. oil and 1/2 t. salt until salt is dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the garlic, minced ginger and green onions. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the parsley. Serves 6.

Actually, the written recipe more complicated than it is to cook da moa!

Miulang
                  one of my favorites too!! wen i make dis my wife no likem, she say taste to "chickeny" and too much ginger!! LOL i told her das how supposed to be!! so moa fo me!! for parties i splash whiskey on da chicken befo i put da ginger sauce on. make everybody rosy cheeked eh! hehehe

thanks Miulang! now we need pics to drool!!
                  Reggie aka pinakboy
                  Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                  Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                  Recipe Tube TV!
                  Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Teri beef, brown rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Comment

Back to Wendy's for the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and a Caesar Side Salad. O, woe, the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, once the darling of their 99 cent value menu, now costs $1.29!

Comment

Okay,
                        So Now I get free hand and I put down da beer I can talk story so you no get bent out of shape cause I use all cap`s. Big deal, you wen understand watt you wen read so, try RELAX okay!!!!!!!

Only kidding.................

Today`s Lunch Special- Gouda cheese burger with one bay shrimp salad.

ONO,ONO........... OGGBOY
                        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy
                          Today`s Lunch Special- Gouda cheese burger with one bay shrimp salad.

ONO,ONO........... OGGBOY
                          You made 'em yourself, or you wen buy 'em from someplace? If you wen buy, which restaurant you went that has gouda cheeseburger? Not Ruby's at Kaahumanu Center, yeah?

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang,

I da head chef ova dea.......oggboy
                            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy
                              Miulang,

I da head chef ova dea.......oggboy
                              At Ruby's??? No bulai! Eh, next time I go holoholo Mau'i, I going stop in Ruby's (right afta I get one mac nut frappuchino from da Starbucks next door or one Jamba Juice) and go grine your kaukau den. Wen was Sam Choy, we wen eat in there, but foa da prices dey were charging, da servings way too manini. Too high muckamucka. Bet you guys get plenty tourists fresh off da boat come grind over there, yeah? One odda place I like in da food court is Sushi Go. Ho da good fun when you finally so full you cannot move and den you get one heart attack wen da server go count up all da green plates, da blue plates, and da red plates!

Miulang

Comment

By the way, you wen eat at my restaurant already.....

Plenty people asking wen we going open on Oahu..
                                We looking at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and also the Outrigger location on beach walk. Both these areas are undergoing extensive remolding.
                                Plenty neighbor Island ohana come in especially from Oahu. How come get Ruby`s and Krispy Kreme on Maui and no moa in Honolulu.

Well you have everything else, but We`ll be there soon!!! Maui is the first location for a Ruby`s Diner......

Do you have one in your location???????? OGGBOY
                                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Working...
                                X