Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What restaurant has the best Sushi?

Originally posted by jkpescador
    I like going to Zippy's Pearl City. It has a full sushi bar.

Yeah Zippy's PC has some excellent sushi. You wouldn't think it would be that good. Actually my brother said the sushi chef that works at Zippy's used to be the chef at KATS sushi by the city and county building.
    'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      The word you're looking for is omakase. And that's the best way to experience Sushi Sasabune. Not only do they choose for you, but they instruct you on the proper way to eat and appreciate each item. This one you add shoyu, this one you don't, this one you put in your mouth all at once, this one you can bite. Very strange, but educational, and again, all the harassment in the world and that sushi would still be worth it.
      Ah; so so so. Domo arigato. Boy, it's embarrassing being Japanese and not knowing how to speak Japanese properly.

Comment

The guys from Sushi Supreme run the sushi bar at Queen Bee... they used to have a restaurant downtown, but now stick to catering and working out of that bar and nearby Zen Nightclub. The amazing thing? I think they offer the $20 all-you-can-eat sushi as a catering special too. Gotta have a minimum number of people, but that is a damn good deal.

Had dinner at Makino Chaya recently too... that place is winnahs for boo-fay, but the sushi is only so-so. I always hear people raving about Yanagi, and as long as you're not ordering nigiri (the fish is way too rubbery), Sansei is good too for the late night menu. It's all about the Rock Shrimp Dynamite! Yum...

Comment

Working...
        X