Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Explosions in London's transit system

Default Mathematical certainty we'll be next...

I hope it doesn't come to pass, but from everything I've been reading since the London suicide bombings seems to indicate that besides Italy and Denmark, suicide bombers could strike somewhere in this country, too, and we really have no defense against it, until AFTER it happens, all because of our illegal occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.

According to Robert Pape, who I cited earlier, the reason why suicide bombers attack is not out of religious fervor, but because of the notion that they want to hurt people from countries who are occupying their homelands.

In today's news from London, they identified 3 of the 4 suicide bombers as being British-born Pakistanis, and the fourth suspect is now believed to be Jamaican. They also believe that the mastermind of the whole plot left Britain the day before the bombings, destination unknown.

Ironic that this morning Michael Chertoff, the head of Homeland Security, announced plans to dramatically revamp his agency. It may be a little too late, and with too few resources available.

So, where would a sleeper cell of suicide bombers most likely attack? A large city, or a medium sized one? And would they be American, as in the OK City bombing of the Murrah Federal Bldg? I remember the outrage and the immediate assumption that "they" must be Islamic terrorists. I remember the hate crimes committed against peace-loving Muslim Americans just because they believed in the Koran and not the Bible.

The enemy may look exactly the same as everyone else in your community. Would you turn your next door neighbor in to authorities if they did anything suspicious? And if we let this paranoia become epidemic, the citizens of this country would find most of their freedoms stripped away, and we will be living in an armed camp...just like Israel.

"...Israel is the only state on earth that has ever got near successfully countering the onslaught of suicide bombers but only at a terrible cost.

By most normal standards Israel has turned itself into a modern day Sparta where 50 per cent of the population is armed at all times and where every bus stop, every restaurant, every public building has its own security guard who ruthlessly checks handbags and warily eyes every suspicious character.

Beyond the human guards is an army of soldiers who ring every major Israeli city and who can cordon off every area within seconds...." And even those precautions didn't stop the suicide bomber in a marketplace in Israel a few days ago...

Miulang

P.S. Some things to look for in a suspected suicide bomber: wearing bulky coats or jackets, especially when the weather doesn't call for wearing one (could be concealing a bomb taped to his body), carrying bulky backpacks in unusual places, and shortly before blowing himself up and everyone in his vicinity, he goes into a zombie-like trance...
    Last edited by Miulang; July 14th, 2005 at 06:38 PM.

Default Re: Explosions in London's transit system

Sadly, it has happened again in London. They also caught a suspect near the Prime Minister's home. Citizens starts to say they don't want to use the subways. My prayers and thoughts are for those there today!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

From the sound of it, it was a pretty pathetic bombing attempt. Maybe this was a copycat instead of the Real Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Miyashiro
    From the sound of it, it was a pretty pathetic bombing attempt. Maybe this was a copycat instead of the Real Thing.
    That's what I'm thinking too. It sounds like whoever built the bombs couldn't even wire the things correctly...some news outlets said witnesses said they smelled something sulfurous (rotten egg) which sounds like the detonator (the detcord) burning and not the bombs themselves.

It could very well be a conspiracy (love those!) by Tony Blair to get Parliament to enact stricter "Patriot Act" type policies on his country...and it sure does tie in nicely with the sunsetting of the US Patriot Act at the end of this year, doesn't it?

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; July 21st, 2005 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Miyashiro
    a copycat can and will do as much damage as "the real thing"

The Terrorists bought their explosives the same way the US would, they went to the lowest bidder. The rest is history.
    Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12