KUPA mea culpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUPA mea culpa

Boy this is embarrassing, but my column is screwed up today and the online version is going to have a hideous, glaring correction box in it and y'all deserve better from me, so here goes.

I hate making mistakes and I hate for mistakes by others to appear under my byline -- but I hate it even worse when the mistakes are in a column about RADIO.

The first correction brought to my attention pertains to WCAP, which was not based in New York, but Wash., D.C. The p.m. paper will say both were on the "East Coast" for space considerations.

The most glaring error was in the hed and lede (headline and lead paragraph), pointed out by Mel. KUPA has not been Japanese language for some time -- but has been simulcasting 99.5 FM -- something the buyer didn't correct me on when I asked him about the Japanese-language format. I honestly haven't tuned in to 1370 AM since I was checking to see if it was still silent -- and of course I didn't get the true scoop confirmed until I spoke with Mahlon this morning. Bummer. My apologies to you readers/posters.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Re: KUPA mea culpa

Hey Erika, we all make mistakes...but I don't think I ever made one that big ...actually I think I did make one big booboo on the air when I was doing the news on KGU and I pronounced Jean Charlot the artist as Gene Charlotte. Boy I never knew there were so many pissed off people listening to talk radio! Sheez!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

No shame, Erika! Stuff happens.
      We promise not to start a "flogging" thread!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Aw come on, everybody deserves a little bit of ribbing now and then...since we're all friends here right?

Comment

Erika:
          No biggie, no biggie. One of my favorite Star-Bulletin mistakes was a giant A-1 headline that said "hed goes here." I think it was 1996-97 sometime. I hung it up at PBN for the longest time, it cracked me up. But, also while at PBN, where I read the Wall Street Journal daily every morning (prior to starting my real day there), I found they had one of those, too. Don't think it was page 1, but even the WSJ screws up. You're in good company. You're so conscientious. Tell Frank it's time for a raise, LOL!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            since we're all friends here right?
            What's that saying? With friends like these...

Comment

hee hee hee...

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                Erika:
                No biggie, no biggie. One of my favorite Star-Bulletin mistakes was a giant A-1 headline that said "hed goes here."
                and that's why homeless people use da pepah as a pillow.

Comment

StarBulletin.com did a nice job of fixing Erika's story on the web. I haven't seen the print edition today.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                  X