X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Source of Korean TV soaps

Note today's Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/03/25/b...s/story02.html

Searched the Tizer Web site for this story, given all the space they devote to KDramas ... they didn't have it.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Re: New Source of Korean TV soaps

Originally posted by Erika Engle
      Note today's Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/03/25/b...s/story02.html

Searched the Tizer Web site for this story, given all the space they devote to KDramas ... they didn't have it.
      KBS America on Oceanic Channel 80 offically started on 04/06/06. Been watching it since day one. Nice we get another korean channel to watch with programs that are being subtitled in English. Plus picture quality is a way step above than KBFD. Yes even better than their so called digital channel 82. Better yet you get full unedited episodes commercial free. In fact all programs on KBS America channel 80 are commercial free. Beats Kbfd when many times drama episodes are missing scenes even when they rerun the episodes the next day. But give them credit they show many dramas. Hopefully with KBS America channel going live. Kbfd will be showing more SBS & MBC dramas.

As you can tell by my name I am a huge korean drama fan. Been watching korean dramas over 15 years. All the korean dramas being played on KBFD I record to dvd. I just started recording the Korean dramas from KBS America to dvd also. I also have purchased over 30 korean drama dvd box sets so far. Along with over 100 OST cd's. My korean movie dvd collection is over 100 now. My tv is always tuned to a Korean channel.
      Last edited by kdramafan; April 14, 2006, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Re: Korean TV soaps

kdramafan, That' mighty impressive! I also collect dvds but not nearly as much as yours. My favorite stars are Gwon Sang-Wu "Stairway to Heaven" and Lee Bjung-Hun "Beautiful Days" and "Bitter Sweet." I also enjoyed watching "Something Happened In Bali" and the Soap that started it all "Sand Glass."

We don't have cable at our Hale but we have Korean Movie on all the time too. My 81 year old MAMA and 1 yr. grandson are avid Korea Soap Addicts!

Moa betta than American Soap Operas anyday.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

MAMA and I are avid fans of Korean Movies.heheheh

For the past two days and nights we have been glued to the T.V. watching "Over Rainbow!" If you have never watched a Korean Soap Opera before I highly recommend this one.

"Stardom is youth's perpetual pursuit." The Movie is Hot! Romance, Break Dancing, Singing, and the magical lights and sounds of Entertainment ~ Korea at it's Best!!!

We watched three times going four. It's dat good!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

*sigh* I hope I never get sucked in to this. My mom is already an addict. A friend of hers let her borrow a 24-DVD collection. Now she agrees to tape episodes for people who can turn her on to something not being shown on t.v.

Soap operas. My babysitter made me watch them when I was a little kid. One of the main reason I developed male P.M.S. I think.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
              *sigh* I hope I never get sucked in to this. My mom is already an addict. A friend of hers let her borrow a 24-DVD collection. Now she agrees to tape episodes for people who can turn her on to something not being shown on t.v.

Soap operas. My babysitter made me watch them when I was a little kid. One of the main reason I developed male P.M.S. I think.
              Wow! 24-DVD Collection? You got a great mama! Wat happened to you?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hmmmm...you suffering from Male P.M.S. already and not even MARRIED? You got serious problems kiddo!!!

Hugs

Auntie Lynn

Comment

My aunty let me borrow this one Korean Soap on DVD called "My Sassy Girl"
                I loved it and totally reccommend it.

Laugh... Cry..Wipe Eyes...Laugh...Bawling...Sobbing...Wipe Eyes...Blow

Nose...Laugh Again......Cry ..Wipe Eyes...Laugh...Bawling

...Sobbing...Wipe Eyes...Blow Nose...Laugh Again......

My husband, on the other hand...thought I was nuts. Go figure!

Comment

Working...
                X