Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody Like Venture Bros?

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Ah yes hencemen #21 and #24. Have to admire #21's collection of toys.
    oh yeah, it's every geek's dream! and i love how they referenced the toy closet during dr. girlfriend & the monarch's wedding. that had me rolling!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The scene that had me rolling was the time they had to take back the Coccon from the new hencemen and all they had for weapons was #21's stash of collectable toys. #24 had the use of a sword but because #21 still wanted it in mint condition he told #24 not to take it out of the box so #24 ended up wielding this box with a sword inside of it.

Comment

Yeah the show is great...kinda sucks..i think the final episode of season 2 was on earthquake day and my dvr never tape it...I haven't been that motivated to search for it but I might track it down. I like alot of one liners that hank and dean used to do in season 1. Not as much this season. Hopefully it won't take 3 years for a dvd to come out.
        'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

Part one of the final episode is playing now on the Cartoon Network so I suspect next week Sunday part two will air, assuming the Cartoon Network don't reschedule it due to the holidays.

Comment

Cartoon Network plugged a Venture Bros marathon for this Christmas Day (consult local listings for the times aired).

Comment

Just saw a promo on the Cartoon Network saying that the third season of Venture Bros will start airing on June 1, 2008.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Helen.
                flickr

An email from God:
                To: People of Earth
                Date: 9/04/2007
                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

Re: Anybody Like "The Venture Bros."?

This past Sunday night's episode of The Venture Bros. focused mostly on early careers of The Monarch, Dr. Girlfriend and Phantom Limb.

And henceman #24, he was originally under Phantom Limb as henceman #24.

Comment

Tonight's episode had a small bit where Hadji from Jonny Quest working for Dr. Venture twin brother.

Comment

It seems that the theme for this season (#3) is to show the various aspects of Dr. Jonas Venture Sr.'s life and what he did when he was alive.

Yesterday's episode (7/13) showing a group of people trapped in a fallout shelter for 30 years under the Ventures compound didn't say what their source of food was for all that time.

Comment

Re: "The Venture Bros." on the Cartoon Network

The 4th season of "The Venture Bros." will start on October 18.

Comment

Normally The Venture Bros is a 30 minute cartoon but today's airing showed a 15 minute episode twice. I don't know if this was mistake in airing the episode or this is the way it is going to be.

Comment

The replayed airing of last night's episode at 1am showed the complete episode.

Comment

Tonight's episode parodied the concept "whatever happened to kid adventures when they grow up"?

Comment

I don't know what is more bizzare, that Dr. Rusty Venture still uses a Commodore 64 with an acoustically coupled modem to go on-line or that he has a factory on the Venture Industries grounds that is used as a headquarters for the Sphnix organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X