Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Venture Bros." on the Cartoon Network

Has anyone seen the cartoon series "The Venture Bros"

It has been on cartoon network for little over a year.

I personally love the show and I was wondering how popular the show was. It seems like alot of people didn't like it.

I was just wonderin.

Re: Anybody Like Venture Bros?

uh..

it's a frikken....
    "cartoon".

a "carTOON"!

so..

uh

no.
    Last edited by kimo55; July 11, 2005, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Down! Down Kimo! Good boy!

Broc, I haven't seen it; can you tell us what you find appealing about it?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        Down! Down Kimo! Good boy!

Broc, I haven't seen it; can you tell us what you find appealing about it?
        I dunno its just a real funny cartoon with awesome writers. I'm not that sure if everyone knows about it. I almost think its as funny as family guy. No one ever talks about it and there is barely any merchandise available on the internet about. I'm hoping the come out with a dvd and a season 2.

If anyone is interested check out this site

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/venturebros/index.html

Comment

very interesting ...

people want cartoons.
          seeming adults searching out cartoons.
          and dvd's of cartoons and merchandising based on cartoons.
          they want it and they are actively seeking it.

amazing...
          boy I yearn for the good ol days.

hey; aren't we busy enuff with adult stuff and suffused with a mature enuff presence of mind to NOT need or want this level of entertainment anymore?!

do you, in person, at happy hour or on the job, actually ask a co-worker:
          "Hey; seen the latest teenage subject two dimensional carTOON?"
          man... more power to ya if ya have that kinda "savoir vivre".

ok. it is even less clear, now after a little searching.
          It's described as the hardy boys minus many I.Q. points.

uh huh.

and BROC: ya name yerself after one o' the cartoon characters. The dumbest one!?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            boy I yearn for the good ol days.
            What a surprise.

If you don't like cartoons, don't read this thread. Simple as that... no need to be a jackass to new users who don't recognize you for what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              It's described as the hardy boys minus many I.Q. points.
              I think it's more a parody of Jonny Quest, than the Hardy Boys. I haven't seen all the episodes but I try to watch it on Sunday nights even through sometimes it conflicts with The 4400 or The Dead Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                If you don't like cartoons, don't read this thread.
                Actually this thread is in the wrong forum, it should be in The Tube, not in Mixed Plate.

Comment

Sorry I'm a Looney Tunes kinda guy myself. But out of curiosity I looked for Venture Brothers on the guide then tuned in to the Cartoon Network. Dang they got some cool toons late at night! I think the one I watched was Cowboy Bepop. Dark, action comedy like. I left it on that channel while I was finishing up some paperwork (woulda finished earlier if I didn't turn on the tv duh) and realized through the credits that a lot of these cartoons are made in Japan. If I remember correctly I think Speed Racer is a Japanese product too...no?

Comment

Yes, Speed Racer was originally from Japan but when it was imported to the US they used American actors to voice the parts.

Going back to Venture Bros, it takes a while to get the hang of it, the first episode I watched a few months ago was the one with Race Bannon fighting some bad guys in a plane, he wins the fight by throwing a grenade in the plane, he jumps out and parachutes to safety. The grenade explodes, the plane is on fire, makes a U-turn and then it clips Race thereby he falls down to ground and the plane goes through the Venture compound while Brock Samson is washing his car, one bad guy is running around burning and Brock turns the hose on the burning guy.

I don't why I didn't watch the rest of the episode at that time but I did manage to watch that episode at least a couple of times, it's also the parody of the Fantastic Four.

Comment

The DVD for Season One comes out on May 30 (tomorrow). And the second season episodes will be airing some time in June.

Comment

Found out that the second season of Venture Bros will start on Sunday June 25, 2006. Oceanic's Digital Guide list it as two 1/2 hour episodes. One starting at 7 pm HST and the other follows at 7:30 pm HST and repeating again at 11 pm HST.

I am guessing that the first episode might be the last episode of the 1st season while the second episode is for the new season.

Comment

I missed out on the 2nd season premire last month, but it's re-airing this week.

I was tempted to put the following as a spoiler but since this episode is over a month old, what the heck.

Dean and Hank are clones, they have died at least 14 times. One thing I don't understand is if Dr. Venture doesn't care much for the boys why does he always clone them to replace the ones that have died?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                            I think it's more a parody of Jonny Quest, than the Hardy Boys. I haven't seen all the episodes but I try to watch it on Sunday nights even through sometimes it conflicts with The 4400 or The Dead Zone.
                            Jonny Quest Rocks!!!!!

That is all..........
                            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

i like the show, its goofy.

to kimo, i dont know if your joking around or not. yeah, its cartoons and im a self professed geek. but in anime/cartoons they can do alot of things that live action cant. theres some good stories out there, dont be biased just because its an animation.

and then you get stuff like south park.

btw, i think you can catch some of the episodes on youtube.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X