Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Venture Bros." on the Cartoon Network

Default Re: Anybody Like Venture Bros?

I'm surprised there was no comment from the "Groovy Doo" gang about Hank dressing just like Fred (/Groovy Fred analogue) from Scooby Doo.

Speaking of Dr. O. I think the episode comparing Dr. Orpheus' view of the afterlife with Dr. Venture's way of resurrecting the boys was a great one. I'm not sure what my favorite episode would be though. Hmmm... actually I think it would be the episode with the pirates "Ghosts of the Sargasso". The ghost of Major Tom appeared looking like that howling ghost from the Scooby Doo series. There were a ton of David Bowie references in that one. I laughed my @ss off the whole time.

BTW, the theme song is done by J. G. Thirlwill who is probably best known for his Foetus project. He's one of the best underappreciated artists out there.

Venture Bros. page on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Venture_Bros.

I love Venture Bros! I got Season 1 on DVD and have watched it twice. There's a joke in almost every line, and I really liked the last two episodes of the second season (Showdown at Cremation Creek). Dr. Girlfriend is my favorite character, but I like Brock and the Monarch too.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Talking Re: Anybody Like Venture Bros?

the beau got me hooked on venture bros. has anyone seen the eppy where the two monarch minions start off dressed as normal folk and then they get the call so they start suiting up? they start "dunt-dunt-da-da-dunt"ing that piece by Holst ("Mars: The Bringer of War," I believe)? omg. that is such the most hilarious thing i have seen on a cartoon in a looooong time!

here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vta822al5iM

btw, if you're an adult who is disdainful of all cartoons of all types...then, in my opinion, you're missing a beautiful, joyful piece of childlike soul, and life is truly tragic for you (with the tragedy being you not knowing what you're missing).

but then again, if you don't believe in souls in the first place, it may be no big.

Cool Re: Anybody Like Venture Bros?

Quote Originally Posted by kimo55 View Post
    and BROC: ya name yerself after one o' the cartoon characters. The dumbest one!?

i believe the voice of brock is also the voice of the joe swanson in family guy and the tick in the tick (one of my most favorite-est toon characters ever...how can i NOT adore that tight blue butt??!! *sigh*).

Quote Originally Posted by ericncyn View Post
    has anyone seen the eppy where the two monarch minions start off dressed as normal folk and then they get the call so they start suiting up?
    Ah yes hencemen #21 and #24. Have to admire #21's collection of toys.

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Ah yes hencemen #21 and #24. Have to admire #21's collection of toys.
    oh yeah, it's every geek's dream! and i love how they referenced the toy closet during dr. girlfriend & the monarch's wedding. that had me rolling!

The scene that had me rolling was the time they had to take back the Coccon from the new hencemen and all they had for weapons was #21's stash of collectable toys. #24 had the use of a sword but because #21 still wanted it in mint condition he told #24 not to take it out of the box so #24 ended up wielding this box with a sword inside of it.

Yeah the show is great...kinda sucks..i think the final episode of season 2 was on earthquake day and my dvr never tape it...I haven't been that motivated to search for it but I might track it down. I like alot of one liners that hank and dean used to do in season 1. Not as much this season. Hopefully it won't take 3 years for a dvd to come out.
    'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Part one of the final episode is playing now on the Cartoon Network so I suspect next week Sunday part two will air, assuming the Cartoon Network don't reschedule it due to the holidays.

Cartoon Network plugged a Venture Bros marathon for this Christmas Day (consult local listings for the times aired).

Just saw a promo on the Cartoon Network saying that the third season of Venture Bros will start airing on June 1, 2008.

Thanks for the update, Helen.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Default Re: Anybody Like "The Venture Bros."?

This past Sunday night's episode of The Venture Bros. focused mostly on early careers of The Monarch, Dr. Girlfriend and Phantom Limb.

And henceman #24, he was originally under Phantom Limb as henceman #24.

Tonight's episode had a small bit where Hadji from Jonny Quest working for Dr. Venture twin brother.

It seems that the theme for this season (#3) is to show the various aspects of Dr. Jonas Venture Sr.'s life and what he did when he was alive.

Yesterday's episode (7/13) showing a group of people trapped in a fallout shelter for 30 years under the Ventures compound didn't say what their source of food was for all that time.

Default Re: "The Venture Bros." on the Cartoon Network

The 4th season of "The Venture Bros." will start on October 18.

Normally The Venture Bros is a 30 minute cartoon but today's airing showed a 15 minute episode twice. I don't know if this was mistake in airing the episode or this is the way it is going to be.

The replayed airing of last night's episode at 1am showed the complete episode.

Tonight's episode parodied the concept "whatever happened to kid adventures when they grow up"?

I don't know what is more bizzare, that Dr. Rusty Venture still uses a Commodore 64 with an acoustically coupled modem to go on-line or that he has a factory on the Venture Industries grounds that is used as a headquarters for the Sphnix organization.

Promos on Cartoon Network says that next week Sunday (Sept. 12) a new season of The Venture Bros. will begin.

Just finished watching an episode where they pay homage (or parody) House M.D. and Fantastic Voyage.

The episode doesn't say want happed to Doctor Rusty Venture but he is unconscious and Peter White and Billy Quizboy comes in to help out using a board to list all of the possible things that might be wrong with Dr. Venture. One of the things he might be suffering from is Red Tide.

Tonight's episode reveals that Rusty Venture has another kid besides Dean and Hank, also the third kid is not a clone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12