This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ho, motormouth yeah?

The aggregate numbers are from the bottom of the front page. The top ten figures are from the Members List, sorted by Posts. I add the top ten up by hand.

Comment

Some people become motormouths faster than others. One distinguishing characteristic of all of them, is that most joined in 2004. The ones with later join dates indicate a shorter time to motormouth status.

Don't know if this means anything, but I have also gone through the list and posted the next 10 contenders for motormouth.

Top posters:

3,043 Miulang - August 21st, 2004
      2,918 kimo55 - August 10th, 2004
      2,332 pzarquon - April 12th, 2004
      1,492 craigwatanabe - May 10th, 2004
      1,460 1stwahine - December 15th, 2004
      1,403 Glen Miyashiro - April 12th, 2004
      1,272 helen - April 12th, 2004
      1,117 mel - April 13th, 2004
      1,088 doc1456 - May 9th, 2004
      746 Linkmeister - June 3rd, 2004

Top 10 contenders:

642 scrivener - April 26th, 2004
      629 Albert - April 14th, 2004
      619 LikaNui - May 6th, 2004
      526 Aaron S - August 2nd, 2004
      361 lurkah - June 17th, 2004
      355 Palolo Joe - July 16th, 2004
      344 Mocha - May 17th, 2004
      343 Serenity - June 23rd, 2004
      320 cezanne - August 4th, 2004
      301 Buddy2 - March 24th, 2005

Most of the next 10 have a while to go before making it to the top 10. Still it will be interesting just to keep track of this to see if there is any drastic change on both lists.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

As long as some of the top 10 motormouths keep posting the same stuff over and over again to increase their post counts, you won't see much change.

Only thing that will happen is some of the newer members, with their "me toos" and "atta boys," will crack the top 10 as they flood the site with useless posts.

What's the motivation? For some, I think it's the prospect of wielding more power with the reputation function of the board. The bigger post whore you are, the more weight your reputation votes carry.

Comment

Maybe. As for me, I just like talking story.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            Maybe. As for me, I just like talking story.
            Ain't nothing wrong with talking story... I just think some people have other motives when they hit that "post" button. And it shows in the motormouth statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
              Ain't nothing wrong with talking story... I just think some people have other motives when they hit that "post" button. And it shows in the motormouth statistics.
              No Joe, you're just envious. Most of the time I don't post pointless posts like you do. Most of the time I do have things to say as opposed to you trying to play like a cat covering up his caca. I've noticed that only recently have you actually started acting like the intelligent person I always knew you were. And now that I've acknowledged your intelligence you can stop inflating everyone else's ratings just so you can try to ding me. Thankyoueverso.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; September 7, 2005, 02:48 PM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                No Joe, you're just envious. Most of the time I don't post pointless posts like you do. Most of the time I do have things to say as opposed to you trying to play like a cat covering up his caca. I've noticed that only recently have you actually started acting like the intelligent person I always knew you were.
                Did your name somehow come out of my fingers and into one of my posts in this thread without me realizing it?

I didn't single you out, and yet you want to step up and sling some shit my way. Fine - you are a prime example of what constitutes a post whore.

I've made intelligent posts from the first day I signed up. I could care less if you read any of them, but you can easily go look them up if you wanted to.

Like how you wrote in another thread recently: If you show respect, you get respect. A lot of the crap you post is this high-and-mighty political bullshit that you spew from your high horse on the mainland, telling us how "our" government is screwing up and "our" people should be doing more to protect the culture.

Take another swing at me, Miulang. I've got no problem mixing it up with you.

Comment

Like how you wrote in another thread recently: If you show respect, you get respect. A lot of the crap you post is this high-and-mighty political bullshit that you spew from your high horse on the mainland, telling us how "our" government is screwing up and "our" people should be doing more to protect the culture.
                  bahahahah! I already got the hint from Glen who told it to me directly.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

As long as some of the top 10 motormouths keep posting the same stuff over and over again to increase their post counts, you won't see much change.
                    Well I guess I am busted for most of the time going on a Saturday to Mahalo Drive Inn and then reporting that I ate a BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak plate lunch, with a Mountain Dew.

Only thing that will happen is some of the newer members, with their "me toos" and "atta boys," will crack the top 10 as they flood the site with useless posts.
                    Properly used the Reputation system should minimize that type of post as well as the "thanks for the info" responses, in fact that would be the better way of doing things and save on the post counts.

What's the motivation? For some, I think it's the prospect of wielding more power with the reputation function of the board. The bigger post whore you are, the more weight your reputation votes carry.
                    Parts of this I have to disagree with you, it seems the majority of the registrated user base seem to be mostly unaware of the Reputation system until two months ago.

And by the way either term motormouth or post whore doesn't accurately describe people who post a lot. We are not talking, we are typing so motorfingers might be a better term to use and a whore kind of means one gets paid for the service. So unless the rest of you are getting paid for your posting then were do I sign up to get paid for the 1200+ posts I have done over the year?

Comment

Hey Palolo Joe, inadvertantly your post count is getting up there too by virtue of responding to the rest of us motormouths.

You call it being a motormouth, I call it the gift of gab. That's why I'm the radio guy. If you notice my posts are all over this website not just primarily limited to any one topic like WalMart (oops sorry Miulang).

The reason why I talk talk talk forever and a day is because I'm in early retirement and have the entire day and night right thru the morning to post away. I don't have to get up early to go to work, I don't have to go to bed early to wake up for work the next day.

But the biggest reason why I'm a motormouth is simply because...I live out in the boonies with no one else to bug the hell out of (even you ) This board and all of you guys out there have replaced the lunch room and the water cooler for the place to talk story. And I appreciate you divesting in everything we have to say.

Mahalo Palolo Joe...you my friend and I love you for that...big hug!!!

Okay all the mushiness aside, eh braddah Palolo Joe...tanks eh for all dakine talk ladat. You no ka oi in my book...okay you share em with Sistah Miulang cuz she wen send me da coffee grinda!

Alright I just added another post to my count!!! And it's only 6pm with the weekend coming up tomorrow!!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                        You call it being a motormouth, I call it the gift of gab. That's why I'm the radio guy.
                        I only get 300-something posts in a year of being around these parts. I got quite a ways to go.

Brah, I did my time in radio (before I wised up... ) and am even part Portagee, so I'm not complaining about people who have something meaningful to say.

To each their own, but I don't appreciate the clutter of posts that are just wiseass remarks, or the "yeah, me too" kind of stuff. That, and the few in particular who post variations of a theme - making the same point over and over again, just worded differently each time.

It really cracks me up though, the people who want to attribute the terms "motormouth" and "post whore" to me.

I didn't start this thread. Anyone with Internet message board experience has to have heard "post whore" used elsewhere.

As much I'd love to take credit for it, them words ain't mine. But they accurately describe what's going on.

I'm glad this place gives you the opportunity to interact with the rest of us here on Oahu and elsewhere Craig. It wouldn't be the same without you either!

Comment

Eh tanks braddah Palolo Joe, I feel all dakine now...you know like get one piece dust stay in my eyeball...but I no stay crying ladat!

But pretty soon...even you goin get 4 chicklets! Better stay away from the Tiny threads if you no like get one reputation of being one motormouth too!

Eh Miulang where you stay...try come to da Hawaii radio threads, get some major action going there.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                            Eh Miulang where you stay...try come to da Hawaii radio threads, get some major action going there.
                            I'm trying to learn about all the new bells and whistles I have on my new P4 CPU. My old CPU locked up (probably spyware) over the weekend,
                            and since it was already about 5 years old (running Win98 ), I decided to trade up to new technology. So now I've got WinXP, a PCI card and wireless router and I'm no longer on dialup (Yay!). Nowadays, the OEM computers don't seem to come loaded with the Office Suite that I'm used to using, but they are loaded with the comparable Corel Suite (WordPerfect, etc.) that is pretty nifty because it allows you to format stuff as MS.docs. I needed a better computer anyway because I'm going back to night school too for 9 months to get a Project Managers certificate from UW (I should know which section I'll be in in the next 2 weeks). By the time I finish that program, I should be able to get a better job and make more money with that professional PMP certificate.

And now that I've got broadband (thanks to my kane, who's letting me share his connection), I can play those interactive and VR games, so I might not be doing as much posting here (much to PJ's relief, I'm sure ) if I get as hooked on being in THERE (VR) as my kane is.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              I'm trying to learn about all the new bells and whistles I have on my new P4 CPU.

Miulang
                              Is that all you're wearing? Just make sure you're wearing clean underwear cuz you never know when you'll crash your hard drive Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha

By the way Windows XP is old news with Media Edition out and by the end of this year the much awaited "Vista" will replace both of them as Microsoft's premier OS. Vista is the Beta name for the anticipated OS codenamed "Longhorn" and they cleaned up XP really nicely.
                              Last edited by craigwatanabe; September 12, 2005, 06:11 PM.

Comment

A member took the time to send me an anonymous disaproval vote and this message "luv your spirit, fondoo, but you dont need to posts lols and thxs and me toos."So I'm looking for enlightenment.Is it bad forum edicate to posts these things?Does it mess something up?Personely I like when a person takes the time to post thank you,I agree with you or "that was funny"But I am not a long time forum user so may I have some input?

Comment

Working...
                                X