Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School dress code

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
    Seriously, would you let your daughter go to school wearing sweatpants that say "cutiepie" on her behind?
    be happy they are not participating in the underwear run, like their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoodlessons2
      I go to Punahou and agree completely.
      You agree completely that the girls dress too sexy and it should stop, or you agree completely that they should be allowed to dress as sexy as they want?

Comment

no. they agree that they go to Punahou

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
          [...] As for school dress codes, I'm all for it. Less hassle for the parents, less hassle for the kids, less hassles in general.[...]
          I couldn't agree more! My girls attended HSG and wore uniforms for 6 years. I was thrilled with the idea but concerned that they wouldn't like it. Turns out they loved uniforms for the reasons you stated above. At the time (late 70-mid 80s), HSG had Aloha Friday attire. Even with one day a week the clothing competition was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            I couldn't agree more! My girls attended HSG and wore uniforms for 6 years. I was thrilled with the idea but concerned that they wouldn't like it. Turns out they loved uniforms for the reasons you stated above. At the time (late 70-mid 80s), HSG had Aloha Friday attire. Even with one day a week the clothing competition was amazing.
            Yup, I think I'm all for uniforms. Good thing we have them at our school. As for teacher uniforms, nah, I wouldn't really want it! But that's another topic.

There are enough non-clothing issues throughout the school day that I am ever-thankful for uniforms. It's hard to explain to 9-year-old kids why it is actually inappropriate to be wearing sweatpants with "angel" across their behind. I was trying to discuss this with a few girls after school. One looked shocked at my opinion, since she said "angel" is not a bad word. I just said that she's right, but it's REALLY NOT appropriate across some young girl's bottom! Of course I said that everyone has a right to wear what they want, and that this was just MY personal opinion. I asked them if they'd want someone looking at and reading their behind. They just giggled and thought it was silly.
            Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieNellieKulolo
              Wow, how times have changed. At Punahou in the early '80s guys could wear shorts on Fridays but girls couldn't, then the rules were modified so girls could wear shorts but they had to be at least 'fingertip length'. No spaghetti straps, tank tops or bare midriffs. I wore a tank top in 8th grade once and had to wear my P.E. shirt over it. The big issue in those days was the punk look and my best friend was one of the worst 'offenders'. She had a large section of her head shaved and she would pull hair down to cover it when she saw a teacher around. There was actually a rule that you couldn't wear all black outfits because that was all she wore. Now it's the conformists who wear black, at least in NYC...
              Maybe on Wall Street, anyway. Ten to twenty blocks north it's gonna be the nonconformists wearing black. Then, saaaaay, forty to sixty blocks to the north of that, it's conformists again.....

Assuming, of course, that "conformist" = wearer of three-pc suit.

Comment

Today being Halloween , I thought it would be nice to revist this thread.
                Here at HHS on Hawaii Island we had the so-called "dress code" go to hell today.
                Our students were everything from cavegirls, naughty (if I bend down you can see it all)nurses,playmate bunnies, fallen angels and sexy devils as well as your ever present she/males.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your son dresses like a female down to his thong-panties(that no one but he will see) shouldn't you have to worry?
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                  Today being Halloween , I thought it would be nice to revist this thread.
                  Here at HHS on Hawaii Island we had the so-called "dress code" go to hell today.
                  Our students were everything from cavegirls, naughty (if I bend down you can see it all)nurses,playmate bunnies, fallen angels and sexy devils as well as your ever present she/males.
                  Waikīkī should be a pretty interesting place tonight. And I've heard that Lahaina is wild, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your son dresses like a female down to his thong-panties(that no one but he will see) shouldn't you have to worry?
                  Ummm. Why would I worry about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                    Waikīkī should be a pretty interesting place tonight. And I've heard that Lahaina is wild, too.

Ummm. Why would I worry about that?
                    I see nothing wrong with the dress , but why would you wear female underwear that no one will see? It's just wrong.
                    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                      I see nothing wrong with the dress , but why would you wear female underwear that no one will see? It's just wrong.
                      'Cuz it feels good brah. Why do you think women wear them?

Comment

Women wear thongs because they feel good? Not any of the women I know (well, know well enough to be discussing their underwear, that is.)

Comment

Gawd, I hope you're kidding!

If you're serious, then please take this piece of twine, run it between your legs and wear for a few hours. Then come back and tell us how comfortable it is.

No, I don't wear the stupid things.They also seem kind of unsanitary in a way that is too disgusting to go into here. Yuck.

I understand thongs have their place in today's fashion. Just not up my butt, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                            Gawd, I hope you're kidding!

If you're serious, then please take this piece of twine, run it between your legs and wear for a few hours. Then come back and tell us how comfortable it is.

No, I don't wear the stupid things.They also seem kind of unsanitary in a way that is too disgusting to go into here. Yuck.

I understand thongs have their place in today's fashion. Just not up my butt, thank you.
                            You see MadAzza, that's your problem! You gotta buy the high quality twine from Macy's not the cheap twine from WalMart I think I'd have a problem with twine up my butt too...gotta have the expensive imported stuff

I dated a gal who started wearing thongs. At first she said it was uncomfortable but after a couple of weeks she said she didn't notice it at all. I think thongs were meant more for guys to admire on women and some women know that.

I'll put the comfort factor of women wearing thongs at the same level as women wearing 5" high stillettos and caking on layers of makeup on their faces while sweating it out in Hawaii's humid weather. It's gotta be intolerable at times. But(t) it's the woman's perogative to wear what she wants to and if she so chooses to run a piece of twine up her butt, hey I'm not gonna complain
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I thought it was all about no panty lines. My wife wears nothing but thongs and has never complained about their lack of comfort. As far as less sanitary than other panty styles, please. Women are funky, period. Or not.
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                                I thought it was all about no panty lines. My wife wears nothing but thongs and has never complained about their lack of comfort. As far as less sanitary than other panty styles, please. Women are funky, period. Or not.

I guess so since there's not much of a "panty" in a thong. I actually wonder, just how effective a thong is as a panty? Not much of a cotton crotch there.

My wife also wears thongs on occasions, more for me than for her though

I guess some women like a good wedgie on a given day.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X